Page 53 of 178 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

  1. #1301
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Nice to see Kobe and D'Antoni are on the same page...

  2. #1302

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    The 4th quarter of Golden State/Sacramento was oddly fun to watch. For a while Isiahn Thomas was trading baskets with Carl Landry and Steph Curry. It looked like Golden State was going to pull off the comeback but they didn't.

    Sacramento's roster is disgusting. They are probably one of a small handful of teams that is worse at passing than the Pacers. Cousins might be their best passer, but he's a terrible shot taker and gets his shot blocked a lot. Evans isn't looking good, Thomas Robinson isn't looking good, Jimmer isn't looking good. Their drafts are starting to look pretty bad, though there was a time when Jimmer/Tyreke looked like a great combo on paper.

  3. #1303

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jerebko might still work out. He works his *** off, he just can't find the niche he had a couple years ago. He's been awful this year despite being a consummate hard worker and team player. Id just as soon dump him.

    I noticed Jonas Jerebko hasn't played the last 15 games this morning while looking at the daily box scores. He must be deep in Frank's doghouse. I wouldn't mind having him in a Pacers uni. From what I remember, he's a blue collar hardnose player. I would believe he'd fit in well with the bench.

  4. #1304

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    19 Dec 012


    J Jack... 28 Pts... 10-16 FG... 3-5 3PT... 5-6 FT... 7 Reb... 5 Ast

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  6. #1305
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,619

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 4th quarter of Golden State/Sacramento was oddly fun to watch. For a while Isiahn Thomas was trading baskets with Carl Landry and Steph Curry. It looked like Golden State was going to pull off the comeback but they didn't.

    Sacramento's roster is disgusting. They are probably one of a small handful of teams that is worse at passing than the Pacers. Cousins might be their best passer, but he's a terrible shot taker and gets his shot blocked a lot. Evans isn't looking good, Thomas Robinson isn't looking good, Jimmer isn't looking good. Their drafts are starting to look pretty bad, though there was a time when Jimmer/Tyreke looked like a great combo on paper.
    Smart looks like a horrible coach too. Everytime I watch them, it looks like the players are running the team. Guys go into full get your own mode, often. I bet he's fired really soon. You need a strong coach with that group or at least an effective plan on how to make it work. They have tons of talent, just a horrible team. I look for a big shake up there, really soon.

    I hate to even mention it, but if Brian Shaw was their coach they'd be a .500 team, at least, maybe more, imo.

  7. #1306

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And you thought JOB was the only one who loves a stretch 4.

  8. #1307

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Brian Scalabrine:

    The White Mamba has a challenge, are you read to accept? The former Boston Celtics forward who is now a broadcaster with Comcast SportsNet New England, is sick and tired of hearing fans dog his talent, and that of other players who sit at the end of an NBA bench.

    While speaking on ESPN Chicago radio, Scalabrine described a challenge which he has issued to fans in Boston:

    “In Boston right now, we have this challenge going out. I do a radio show out there, and there are people on the street that really believe they can beat me. So we’re doing tryouts for the top 10 people in Boston to play me one-on-one.

    “And we’re playing to 11. And we’re gonna film it, everything. The reality of people and what they think NBA players are like. I’m the last guy on the bench and I will kick your butt if you’re out on the streets. It’s just the way it is.”

    Tell me you wouldn’t want to watch this? People always joke about the scrubs of the NBA, and how outmatched they look at times. Regardless, they, like Scalabrine, are on an NBA roster. That’s not easy to do.

    While there wasn’t many nights over crazy production from Scalabrine, he did manage to have a performance or two, most notably was Game 5 of the 2004 Eastern Conference Semifinals as a member of the New Jersey Nets. He was 6 of 7 from the field, including 4 of 4 from beyond the arc in a triple OT win.
    http://www.thevictoryformation.com/2...ton-in-1-on-1/

  9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  10. #1308

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having D'antoni coach the lakers, just makes them boring to watch, I enjoy watching good basketball, and he isn't that good of a coach. He may have got Suns to the playoffs, but that was because Nash was in his prime and could weave through an offense. It's similar to how Chris Paul can guide the Clippers without really having a structure for an offense.

  11. #1309
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol sensitive much dude? You're freakin 6'9 260..i'd HOPE you could beat some guy off the streets in 1-on-1.

    Though it'd be EPIC if he were to lose!

  12. #1310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Having D'antoni coach the lakers, just makes them boring to watch, I enjoy watching good basketball, and he isn't that good of a coach. He may have got Suns to the playoffs, but that was because Nash was in his prime and could weave through an offense. It's similar to how Chris Paul can guide the Clippers without really having a structure for an offense.
    I disagree, he helped create the Nash we know and love now because Nash was past his true "athlete prime" when in phoenix. I think once he gets back you will see pau at that ten to twelve foot range with Dwight and Nash running the pick roll or Nash and Pau running a pick and pop with Dwight back cutting its a good fit.

  13. #1311
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, he helped create the Nash we know and love now because Nash was past his true "athlete prime" when in phoenix. I think once he gets back you will see pau at that ten to twelve foot range with Dwight and Nash running the pick roll or Nash and Pau running a pick and pop with Dwight back cutting its a good fit.
    It is a good fit if he just lets it flow and have Nash handle everything. But Pau shouldn't be forced to the 3 point line.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  14. #1312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is a good fit if he just lets it flow and have Nash handle everything. But Pau shouldn't be forced to the 3 point line.
    I hate to say it but Kobe needs to take the joe Johnson in Phoenix role...play off the ball for once old man and take over when needed to.

  15. #1313
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,638

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to say it but Kobe needs to take the joe Johnson in Phoenix role...play off the ball for once old man and take over when needed to.
    I don't hate to say it. I hate seeing Kobe go 1 vs 5. The ball needs to be in Nash's hands.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  16. #1314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't hate to say it. I hate seeing Kobe go 1 vs 5. The ball needs to be in Nash's hands.
    Nash is the guy who can make even Kobe a more effective player.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  18. #1315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @hoopshype: Update: Spurs waive Anderson + Nash back Saturday? http://t.co/ii7wzF0j

    I like Anderson I wouldn't mind getting him.

  19. #1316
    Member Johanvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    3,399

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Pekovic is really good isn't he? I mean i knew that after watching him in Europe with Panathinaikos but every year he has been in the NBA, he has progressed. Strong as ox and a very solid threat around the rim. He should/could be picking a couple more rebounds per game but his overall defense was never his forte.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:


  21. #1317

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pekovic is really good isn't he? I mean i knew that after watching him in Europe with Panathinaikos but every year he has been in the NBA, he has progressed. Strong as ox and a very solid threat around the rim. He should/could be picking a couple more rebounds per game but his overall defense was never his forte.
    (in Russian voice) and he drink voodka many times, remember he strong as ox but in soviet Russia you stronger as ox.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  23. #1318

    Default

    Pekovic also looks like non from superman 2 http://twitter.com/BleacherReport/st...006594/photo/1

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dgreenwell3 For This Useful Post:


  25. #1319

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (in Russian voice) and he drink voodka many times, remember he strong as ox but in soviet Russia you stronger as ox.
    he'd probably get insulted to be called Russian

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  27. #1320

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pekovic is really good isn't he? I mean i knew that after watching him in Europe with Panathinaikos but every year he has been in the NBA, he has progressed. Strong as ox and a very solid threat around the rim. He should/could be picking a couple more rebounds per game but his overall defense was never his forte.
    I think transition from FIBA is a big part of it. He used to score a bit further from the basket in Europe. In the NBA, with better spacing, that's not the most efficient approach for a guy like him. He's figured it out, though.
    I suspect a Hibbert situation this summer for Pekovic. Probably part of why they want to ship him for Pau...

  28. #1321
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,552

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smart looks like a horrible coach too. Everytime I watch them, it looks like the players are running the team. Guys go into full get your own mode, often. I bet he's fired really soon. You need a strong coach with that group or at least an effective plan on how to make it work. They have tons of talent, just a horrible team. I look for a big shake up there, really soon.

    I hate to even mention it, but if Brian Shaw was their coach they'd be a .500 team, at least, maybe more, imo.
    Keith Smart was screwed on that job the second the Kings gave their players the keys to the asylum by firing Westphal.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  29. #1322
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smart looks like a horrible coach too. Everytime I watch them, it looks like the players are running the team. Guys go into full get your own mode, often. I bet he's fired really soon. You need a strong coach with that group or at least an effective plan on how to make it work. They have tons of talent, just a horrible team. I look for a big shake up there, really soon.

    I hate to even mention it, but if Brian Shaw was their coach they'd be a .500 team, at least, maybe more, imo.
    come to think of it running the triangle with their personal would be a great fit. I could see Cousins and especially T-rob really getting better in a triangle offense.

  30. #1323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    @HOOPSWORLD: Hornetsí Gordon Set to Practice with Team: After missing all 25 games this season because of recurring problems ... http://t.co/EwU0pu50

  31. #1324
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    So what happened to Rubio?

  32. #1325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

    Varea still got it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5337
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 1673
    Last Post: 05-26-2011, 11:30 PM
  3. Random NFL Thoughts: The Official Thread
    By Natston in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:21 PM
  4. Random Thoughts NBA Edition Returns: 05-06 Thread
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1269
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 03:06 AM
  5. Random thoughts thread 2006.....playoff edition.
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1525
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •