Page 46 of 178 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 4441

Thread: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

Default Re: 2012-13 NBA Random Thoughts Thread IX: Ode to Joy

the clip

should've been a jump ball

Quote Originally Posted by MAStamper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know about, "only the raptors" for this one. I could see it with Cousins/Kings. Maybe Artest. Maybe Sheed.
    Something hillarious like this could only happen while the raptors were on the floor...they have trademarked hillarity with what happened with McGee on their floor. It may not always be their team but I am quite positive they are on the not top ten every week.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Getting caught up on some Dleague games while in class and my god is Kendall Marshall even worse than I projected(which was a 3rd string pg). Kid made a huge mistake coming out last year he should of went back to school like I said. He will be in the Dleague for a while.

I can watch John Jenkins play all day love watching that kid stroke the basketball. He vs Darius-Johnson-Odom was a good matchup to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dgreenwell3 View Post
    Did Amir Johnson really get ejected for fighting with the ref over the ball? Only the raptors
    Yes he did but he was just missed at himself I think and it boiled over. He was playing awful and I think he wanted to go but Im sure the fine+ suspension he will get wont make him happy but he earned it.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

Read the article you posted again.

See how much the players it posted were / are making. 80 Million, 111 Million..

Hibbert's along with Wallace's were by far the cheapest. Moreover, Wallace was 32 when he inked that deal. Hibbert was 25 and a much better offensive player than Ben. Wallace was probably a better defender but Hibs is an elite rim protector. And he still got 2 Million less than Wallace.

So, no. Hibbert's contract is not a bad contract. It's the same as Marc Gasol's. Both contracts are quite fair for both sides (the players and the teams). They are not exactly "max" contracts.

Is he Hibbert underperforming and thus not earning his full contract? He surely is. But his contract is far from an albatross one.

And yes, teams would sent value for Hibbert right now.

Ben Wallace was OVERPAID! Talk about a GM blunder. It makes Walsh look like Exec of the Year material. Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make, and this was one of Dumars better GM decisions.

I'd take Gasol in a heartbeat over Hibbert. I can't help but to believe Memphis would hang up the phone laughing if the Pacers FO called to trade Hibbert for Gasol.

I'd like to see what value other teams are willing to offer for Hibbert. Then I suppose it would depend on your definition of value.

Marc Gasol is on a whole different level than Hibbert. He's so much better it's barely a comparison beyond them both being centers who got the max. Bringing him up only illustrates that Hibbert is overpaid. I'm not sure Roy's mom would choose Roy over Marc.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dece For This Useful Post:

Mood

Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton
    Austin Rivers is on pace to rate 8.1 wins below replacement. -6.5 (Jason Collins, 2006-07) is the lowest mark on record.

glad my eyes don't lie.... I was saying he had to be one of the worst players in the league this year. I didn't like him coming out but damn he is even worse than I though he would be.

Mood

I love Austin Carr as the color man his style is just like Dirk's so LOL telling a story then BAM "KYRIE IRVING DEEP IN THE Q" talks so much trash but knows the game and is funny

Is it just me or is Kobe's defense really bad the last few weeks he doesnt look like the same Kobe on defense from last year. I don't know it seems Howard and Kobe have been not there normal self on defense. Howard is extra slow on rotations.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton
    Austin Rivers is on pace to rate 8.1 wins below replacement. -6.5 (Jason Collins, 2006-07) is the lowest mark on record.

glad my eyes don't lie.... I was saying he had to be one of the worst players in the league this year. I didn't like him coming out but damn he is even worse than I though he would be.
    Sorry if I sound like a dumb *** here but...

What are "wins below replacement"?

Never heard of that advanced stat...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Love drama

In the end, Love never wants to feel like he's pitted against young point guard Ricky Rubio, because he adores him as a teammate and a talent. Yet, the reality is unmistakable: For all of Kahn's missed picks, failed signings and flawed trades, Rubio is the player whom the GM can take full credit. Someday, Kahn wants Rubio to be his five-year, max-out star, but will Rubio want to stay in Minnesota should Love walk out the door?

"It was a projection over a sure thing," Love says. "There's no question there was an agenda here. A different agenda."

"I have a very, very good memory, and I always remember the people who have done right by me, and the people who have done wrong by me," he says. "It will be embedded in my brain, and something I won't forget about. There's no telling what will happen. I would love to compete for a championship in Minnesota, but "
    ... and it goes on, and on, and on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ke...200009299.html

Love for Gasol to LA!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    Sorry if I sound like a dumb *** here but...

What are "wins below replacement"?

Never heard of that advanced stat...
    Wins Above Replacement Player= based on quality of performance and playing time, the wins a player has created as compared to a replacement-level player seeing the same minutes.

wins above replace is the wins above a replacement player basically a good Dleague player.

here is a better explanation http://sonicscentral.com/warp.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I love Austin Carr as the color man his style is just like Dirk's so LOL telling a story then BAM "KYRIE IRVING DEEP IN THE Q" talks so much trash but knows the game and is funny

Is it just me or is Kobe's defense really bad the last few weeks he doesnt look like the same Kobe on defense from last year. I don't know it seems Howard and Kobe have been not there normal self on defense. Howard is extra slow on rotations.
    I love A.C. He's clearly loves his job and has fun doing it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

this Brooklyn crowd sucks compared to last time

Mood

While Varejao has many fans within the Cavaliers organization, multiple league sources believe Cleveland will trade him as the February 21 trade deadline approaches. One league source thinks the Cavs would part ways with Varejao if they were able to add one or two more pieces to their young core that includes Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Tyler Zeller. HoopsWorld
    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, TRADE, ANDERSON VAREJAO | SHARE
    One league source suggested that Varejao would be open to a trade rather than playing the best basketball of his career on a 4-17 Cavs team that seems poised for another trip to the lottery. At this point in Varejao’s career, he likely wants to play for a contender, especially after getting a taste of deep postseason runs earlier in his career. HoopsWorld
    CLEVELAND CAVALIERS, TRADE, ANDERSON VAREJAO | SHARE

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

I like that logic. Hard to trade a guy like Andy but if I was there GM I would trade him at the deadline in a heartbeat if they get fair value. His value will never be higher and he doesn't fit age wise with that team.

I just cant think of very many good trade partners off the top of my head.

EDIT: I think he would be a great fit for a team like the Lakers maybe a 3 team with Pau going elsewhere and young guys going to the Cavs from the 3rd team.

I dont know maybe Parsons and Patterson to the Cavs? Cavs need a wing like Parsons but I wonder if Morey would trade him for Pau I wouldn't if I was him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-11-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would give up a left nut for Andy on this team maybe them we can trade them Hibbert?

he is younger but does have an albatrossish contract
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

I would never want to engage in a sell low/buy high trade like Hibbert for Varejao. Roy will come around.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:

Banned

SA makes sense for Varejao, OKC makes sense too.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man the Clippers are fun to watch.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Wizards turned down Brad Beal + Chris Singleton for James Harden. Owner didn't want to pay Harden. I like both those guys, but man that was stupid.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...22d_story.html

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Wizards turned down Brad Beal + Chris Singleton for James Harden. Owner didn't want to pay Harden. I like both those guys, but man that was stupid.

Talk about a natural backcourt for wall, harden call play off the ball and stroke it...

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Ben Wallace was OVERPAID! Talk about a GM blunder. It makes Walsh look like Exec of the Year material. Sometimes the best deal is the one you don't make, and this was one of Dumars better GM decisions.

I'd take Gasol in a heartbeat over Hibbert. I can't help but to believe Memphis would hang up the phone laughing if the Pacers FO called to trade Hibbert for Gasol.

I'd like to see what value other teams are willing to offer for Hibbert. Then I suppose it would depend on your definition of value.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    Marc Gasol is on a whole different level than Hibbert. He's so much better it's barely a comparison beyond them both being centers who got the max. Bringing him up only illustrates that Hibbert is overpaid. I'm not sure Roy's mom would choose Roy over Marc.
    Hibbert is a much better rebounder and better rim protector. He is also almost 2 years younger. And an inch taller.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is a great Center. But when Hibbert get off his offensive slump they are extremely comparable. I don't consider either one overpaid.

Hibbert is a much better rebounder and better rim protector. He is also almost 2 years younger. And an inch taller.

Don't get me wrong, Gasol is a great Center. But when Hibbert get off his offensive slump they are extremely comparable. I don't consider either one overpaid.
    I consider Marc Gasol underpaid. Hibbert... When he's out of this slump, he's a marginal all star. 15 mil for a marginal all star center isn't great, but it's ok. The big question is -- will he keep "slumping" every year? At some point, "give him a break, he's in a slump" will turn into "he's just unreliable".

Re Hibbert and Gasol, Hibbert is better at rim protection, but that's about it. I wouldn't call him a better rebounder, this is more of a system thing - Hibbert and the Pacers focus on offensive boards, Marc Gasol rushes back on defense.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

But the story also quotes an "official" who says it's not true and OKC asked for more. That seems likely, Beal and Singleton = pretty cheap, I'd say the Houston deal was better.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 12-12-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will agree with you that Hibbert is a better defender, but it's not like Gasol is terrible and I think you are underestimating his rebounding capability. He has a slightly lower number this year, but that's because Zach Randolph is pulling down over 12 per game. Part of that is because Gasol plays more minutes, but Hibbert loses a lot in effectiveness when he's tired. But Gasol has proven to be a solid rebounder his entire career.

I do agree they're comparable though. What Gasol is having is a better season. Doesn't mean he's "on another level."
    Last edited by aamcguy; 12-12-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: weird floating I

32. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aamcguy View Post
    I will agree with you that Hibbert is a better defender, but it's not like Gasol is terrible and I think you are underestimating his rebounding capability. He has a slightly lower number this year, but that's because Zach Randolph is pulling down over 12 per game. Part of that is because Gasol plays more minutes, but Hibbert loses a lot in effectiveness when he's tired. But Gasol has proven to be a solid rebounder his entire career.

I do agree they're comparable though. What Gasol is having is a better season. Doesn't mean he's "on another level."
    better shot blocker. overall, i'd take Gasol as defender. His mobility and strength goes a long way defensively, when combined with his IQ.

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/2...nesmp4-2321700

Look at this reporter either not knowing Roddy was there, or just being a complete ***hole. Or kidding. I can't tell.
    DG for 3

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post: