Thread: Where Do Pro Basketball Players Come From?

Default Where Do Pro Basketball Players Come From?

Kinda cool.

http://deadspin.com/infographics-whe...rom-513261549?

State hotbed (per capita): Indiana

Indiana, home of Oscar Robertson, Larry Bird, and lovable-crazy Zach Randolph, truly is basketball's breadbasket. Kentucky, Mississippi, and Louisiana produce a lot of players as well, and Illinois and New York—two large states that almost always get cut down in per capita adjustments—come in fourth and sixth.

Metro hotbed (per capita): Muncie, Ind.

Small-city Indiana comes in strong again, with Muncie taking the top spot, and Terre Haute coming in fifth. (Anderson also cracked the top 10, at No. 8.) Mississippi also had two in the top 10, with Jackson at fourth and Meridian at ninth.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Where Do Pro Basketball Players Come From?

I grew up in Anderson, and Muncie's just a short drive away, so I know how those two towns rate so high.

It's common knowledge in that area that if you feed a five year old an ear of corn when the corn is at it's absolute peak in height, they will grow up to be a very good basketball player. I know it sounds corny.
    Last edited by Will Galen; 06-19-2013 at 10:57 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Will Galen For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Where Do Pro Basketball Players Come From?

Where to Pro Basketball Players come from?

Are we going to have that talk now? I was hoping to wait until you were 13...but I guess now is better than never.

When a Mommy and Daddy love each other....one thing leads to another....a lot of alcohol is consumed....and the Stork pays a visit in 9 months.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.