Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

He's one of the main pieces to the championship puzzle. He's a very good shooter/scorer, decent defender, and he rebounds. If we don't have Granger, we don't have a (somewhat) reliable 3pt shooter. He'll be here for a while unless we pickup a better SF in free agency
    "We want Miami"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?
    You know Indy really isn't that dangerous a city, and apart from the Chicago/Gary area and a few near Eastside Indy spots, Danny could probably take a walk at midnight and not get bothered at all anywhere in Indiana. Unless he was mixed up with the Outlaws, likes hanging out in downtown Gary at 1 AM (or Club Rio), or has a blood feud with the Amish, he's probably going to be able to get by with just 1 security dude.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

If they would just institute an instant replay rule it would be clear to everyone that the umpire blew the call and Danny was out.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)
    Ronnie Brewer against Danny is one of those games that comes to mind, Danny's lazines made Brewer look amazing, I could bring more examples but I don't feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Ronnie Brewer against Danny is one of those games that comes to mind, Danny's lazines made Brewer look amazing, I could bring more examples but I don't feel like it
    Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You know Indy really isn't that dangerous a city, and apart from the Chicago/Gary area and a few near Eastside Indy spots, Danny could probably take a walk at midnight and not get bothered at all anywhere in Indiana. Unless he was mixed up with the Outlaws, likes hanging out in downtown Gary at 1 AM (or Club Rio), or has a blood feud with the Amish, he's probably going to be able to get by with just 1 security dude.
    I don't know, if he goes to one of the more KKK leaning areas late at night he might not come out all squeaky clean.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    That's not what it feels like when they throw their old man weight into you as you go up for a shot. Old men are dirty, nasty, opportunistic, and smart basketball players. Only because I would like to think of myself that way.
    I am really quite clean.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I don't know, if he goes to one of the more KKK leaning areas late at night he might not come out all squeaky clean.
    How do you know where they are?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    That is a good question.

Banned

Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.
    20points 10rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    I know where they are and I know not to go there

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Do you really think a team in their right mind would trade for him and his high salary and give something of value in return? it's not even about me liking him or not it's about reality, his knee has been an issue for a while now, remember the time you wanted to trade Dunleavy before his value went to the toilet because of his knee? yep same story different player.
    So... I'm going to mark you down as "Refusing to answer." Which is pretty much what I expected.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Post Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.
    Danny isn't a stopper by any means, and he's a much better shooter/scorer than those two. Those two guys never had to shoulder the offensive load DG's had to in the past.

We've all had this argument countless times, I just don't think he's a below average defender. Stopper? Not at all. Good defender? Very much so

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Mood

Danny has one of the best value contracts in the league. He is well respected as a quality player and seen as the perfect second option on a title team. I do think hos age and health are going to be a factor in trade value soon, but if we had to blow it up tomorrow, I think we could get good value for him.

That said, unless we blow it up, Heisenberg not going anywhere. This team has been built with him in mind, he is the perfect fit for his role, he is a perfect fit for Indiana, and it's not like we could trade him for a Lebron, Kobe, Durant type of guy. He and DWest are the big brothers on this team and all the young guys know those two have their back. It is our identity, and really no one else is going to fill that role.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

25. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

i think Danny is safe. this team wants to build off of last season. 2-3 years from now when Granger's contract expires ask again. alot of that will depend on Paul George's development.

the question i would like to see answered first is Paul George a more natural fit at sg or sf? if the latter than Granger prob needs to be moved from a business perspective. but with Granger wearing the blue and gold since day 1 that has to be taken into consideration.

i guess it comes down to Grangers value when his contract expires and George's development.

Someone explain to me how 41% shooting and a yearly decline in his %s makes Danny a good shooter...

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Someone explain to me how 41% shooting and a yearly decline in his %s makes Danny a good shooter...
    His 2pt% has been falling. His 3pt% and his FT% have stayed pretty high

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not unhappy with Danny. Until he can't perform, I'd say that's when it's time. Until then, keep on keepin' on.

If his percentage goes up this year, will we be able to say Danny's a good shooter? Or will you just move on and complain about something else?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Just for comparisons sake...

In his first 9 seasons seasons Ray Allen has had about 4 seasons within his career where he shot at or below 43%. (he later would have two more seasons at or above that mark)
    Danny has had 3 seasons in 9 years at under 43%.

Obviously Danny is nowhere NEAR the shooter that Ray Allen is, but fg% doesn't ALWAYS tell the story is my point.

Danny is a good shooter, not great, nor even very good. Just good.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    If his percentage goes up this year, will we be able to say Danny's a good shooter? Or will you just move on and complain about something else?
    Danny couldn't even hit open jump shots last year. A player like Danny should be hitting 45%+ from the floor. It used to be horrid shot selection as the reason his %s were declining and now it's the fact he struggles to hit uncontested jumpers. Good shooters just don't shoot at such poor levels as Danny. That's got to change if the Pacers want to get to the Conference Finals or beat Miami.

Danny had a horrid start to the season, which he never really could overcome. He ended the last two months with a .435 and a .46. In the last month he only shot worse than .400 twice.

Danny is a good shooter, especially an outside shooter which hurts his overall percentage because by their nature they are low percentage shots.

Good shooters just don't shoot at such poor levels as Danny.
    Except Ray Allen, as already shown in this thread.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post: