Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If his percentage goes up this year, will we be able to say Danny's a good shooter? Or will you just move on and complain about something else?
    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Danny couldn't even hit open jump shots last year. A player like Danny should be hitting 45%+ from the floor. It used to be horrid shot selection as the reason his %s were declining and now it's the fact he struggles to hit uncontested jumpers. Good shooters just don't shoot at such poor levels as Danny. That's got to change if the Pacers want to get to the Conference Finals or beat Miami.
    You know you didn't answer my question, right?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    Except Ray Allen, as already shown in this thread.
    ? Not sure what you're getting at considering Allen has been a consistently solid shooter throughout his career and is above 45%. Granger does not have such consistency and has shown nothing but decline in his shooting each year in the league. Everybody acknowledges this except for some of the Pacers fans on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    You know you didn't answer my question, right?
    Depends on what they go up to. Small fowards have no business consistently shooting below 45% like Granger does. If Granger can finally get at or above 45% for the first time in 7 years, then we may very well have a team that can legitimately compete for a title.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Just for comparisons sake...

In his first 9 seasons seasons Ray Allen has had about 4 seasons within his career where he shot at or below 43%. (he later would have two more seasons at or above that mark)
    Danny has had 3 seasons in 9 years at under 43%.

Obviously Danny is nowhere NEAR the shooter that Ray Allen is, but fg% doesn't ALWAYS tell the story is my point.

Danny is a good shooter, not great, nor even very good. Just good.
    ? Not sure what you're getting at considering Allen has been a consistently solid shooter throughout his career and is above 45%. Granger does not have such consistency and has shown nothing but decline in his shooting each year in the league. Everybody acknowledges this except for some of the Pacers fans on here.
    I don't see how you missed Ace's post, and turn around and act like it never existed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You know Indy really isn't that dangerous a city, and apart from the Chicago/Gary area and a few near Eastside Indy spots, Danny could probably take a walk at midnight and not get bothered at all anywhere in Indiana. Unless he was mixed up with the Outlaws, likes hanging out in downtown Gary at 1 AM (or Club Rio), or has a blood feud with the Amish, he's probably going to be able to get by with just 1 security dude.
    Seth, Danny just has to stay inside of the donut and he'll be safe.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I don't see how you missed Ace's post, and turn around and act like it never existed.
    Yea, players have poor seasons shooting the basketball, Reggie included... But what makes guys like Allen or Reggie the better shooter is the fact that those poor seasons are negated with great seasons. The poor shooting doesn't become a trend like it has with Granger. You won't find many outside the state of Indiana who feel Granger is a good shooter, because good shooters simply don't have 42%, 42%, and 41% seasons in the prime of their careers. Unless you consider Allen Iverson a good shooter...?

Yea, players have poor seasons shooting the basketball, Reggie included... But what makes guys like Allen or Reggie the better shooter is the fact that those poor seasons are negated with great seasons. The poor shooting doesn't become a trend like it has with Granger. You won't find many outside the state of Indiana who feel Granger is a good shooter, because good shooters simply don't have 42%, 42%, and 41% seasons in the prime of their careers. Unless you consider Allen Iverson a good shooter...?
    So, if his percentages start going up again, you'll be happy with Granger?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Banned

His shooting percentage has been decreasing every year there is not reason to believe that his % is going to go up.

It also looks like his knee is going to be an issue.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

You guys are reaching for every possible straw to hang onto.

But, hey, Ellis is soooo much better then Granger (still cracks me up to bring that up ) and Jeff Green is going to be better then Danny aswell and Johnny Flynn is going to be awesome in the NBA. Some of the writeups from you and Croz.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    You guys are reaching for every possible straw to hang onto.

But, hey, Ellis is soooo much better then Granger (still cracks me up to bring that up ) and Jeff Green is going to be better then Danny aswell and Johnny Flynn is going to be awesome in the NBA. Some of the writeups from you and Croz.
    Jeff Green is a damn good player with a talent level arguably superior to Granger prior to his heart conditions. We'll see what he does this year in Boston. And where did I say Flynn was going to be awesome? I said his character is what we need on this team and obviously NBA teams thought highly enough to draft him top 10. Kid put up 14.5ppg and 4.5apg his rookie season afterall... Of course I've been off on a couple of guys, like Alexander, but I also called for Hibbert, Rondo, and George before just about anybody else on here made mention of those guys. Even recall calling Harden the best player in the draft while guys like Naptown Seth were comparing him to Mateen Cleaves. Hate on.
    Last edited by croz24; 10-27-2012 at 10:34 AM.

If he's at 45% and taking no more than 12 shots per game, then yea I'll be happy. But the odds of him doing that are slim imo.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

If he's at 45% and taking no more than 12 shots per game, then yea I'll be happy. But the odds of him doing that are slim imo.
    If Danny's hitting 45%, why on earth would you want to limit him to 12 shots per game?

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

If Danny's hitting 45%, why on earth would you want to limit him to 12 shots per game?
    Because I don't think he has any chance in hell at 45% if he's taking more than 10-12 shots per game. Less is more many times, and with Granger I believe that's the case. He needs to focus more on his quality of shots as opposed to quantity.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

I , personally would have rather had us take a flyer on Flynn, as opposed to Ben Hansbrough.

Oh the dreaded "potential",
    Sittin on top of the world!

Actually, he is correct. Balogna is food; baloney means foolishness. Not trying to be a smart-***, just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.

Danny Granger should never be traded IMO because I can't see much less predict a trade where we get the equal bang for the buck that DG brings us (as not only a seasoned vet, but an INDIANA seasoned vet, his above average defense, his fire when dealing with LeWhine James, and his overall tenacious attitude. I think it fits with what i want Indiana basketball to be). And if you've never read the article about Danny and his "old man moves", much like David West i think DG's game will transition well into his 33-34th birthday

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do believe that the traditionally poor distribution skills of Pacers point guards have had an impact on the shooting percentages of our players, particularly our perimeter players. Without a good distributor I contend that there is a greater likelihood of possessions ending in hurried shots to beat the shot clock. And, more often than not, it is a perimeter player that is forced to take the hurried shot.

I'm hoping that Hill and Augustine both prove more capable than previous at getting the ball to open players in their sweet spots. So, wat am I expecting this year? One of the biggest improvements I am expecting is a better shooting percentage for our team as a whole. With our better athleticism and distribution, I also expect to see us shoot more free throws as opponents attempt to recover to our shooters.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jeff Green is a damn good player with a talent level arguably superior to Granger prior to his heart conditions. We'll see what he does this year in Boston. And where did I say Flynn was going to be awesome? I said his character is what we need on this team and obviously NBA teams thought highly enough to draft him top 10. Kid put up 14.5ppg and 4.5apg his rookie season afterall... Of course I've been off on a couple of guys, like Alexander, but I also called for Hibbert, Rondo, and George before just about anybody else on here made mention of those guys. Even recall calling Harden the best player in the draft while guys like Naptown Seth were comparing him to Mateen Cleaves. Hate on.
    Jeff Green is average at best in fact every team he has played on has been better without him statically than with him. He isn't anything special at all and what the Cs are paying him is laughable and in no way shape or form was he superior to Granger that is beyond laughable(im not the biggest Granger fan BTW)

Jeff Green doesnt pass my eye test and the stats back me up as well

I agree I have griped on Granger for his poor shot selection in the past..

I think we may see something close to this Granger had never played with a good team until last year. I expect year two to be much better shot selection wise and knowing his role. I hope we stays in the post more he is a hell of a post player when he wants to be.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-29-2012 at 09:08 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    Vinny, are you tryin to win "sunshine poster of the year"

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Jeff Green is average at best in fact every team he has played on has been better without him statically than with him. He isn't anything special at all and what the Cs are paying him is laughable and in no way shape or form was he superior to Granger that is beyond laughable(im not the biggest Granger fan BTW)

Jeff Green doesnt pass my eye test and the stats back me up as well

I agree I have griped on Granger for his poor shot selection in the past..

I think we may see something close to this Granger had never played with a good team until last year. I expect year two to be much better shot selection wise and knowing his role. I hope we stays in the post more he is a hell of a post player when he wants to be.
    Jeff Green is pretty good, good defender, good scorer, he can also post up and play the 4, not a bad player to have.