Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69

Thread: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-the...yoff-x-factor/

    As the Indiana Pacers prepare for what should be their most successful season in years, there is one question that keeps popping up among those who take a long look at the team.

    Have the Pacers gone as far as they can go with Danny Granger as their star?

    I dont believe that, Pacers GM Kevin Pritchard told HOOPSWORLD. I dont buy that at all.

    The way Pritchard sees it, Granger was forced to play a role he was not naturally fit for when the Pacers made him their focal point.

    Danny was put into a position a few years ago where he needed to score a lot and now we dont need his scoring as much, we need his overall game and hes a heck of an overall player, Pritchard said. Thats what we need out of Danny and he gives it. Hes shown to be very unselfish, hes given up a lot of his offense to be a better defensive player last year. We got the fifth-best record in the league last year, you dont just say, We dont need him. Thats a bunch of baloney. I dont believe that.


    All eyes in Indiana are now on Roy Hibbert, sporting his impressive new contract, and Paul George, who has star potential written all over him.

    I think our growth has to be on those two, partly, Pritchard said. I also think George Hill has to expand his game. Hes now a starter, we expect a lot out of him. What we like about him is that he really plays both ways, he can really defend and he makes great decisions on offense. We need that sort of calming influence and he gives it to us.

    There is still plenty of room for the Pacers to grow, despite their success last season. Most of that growth will come internally, but dont expect Granger to be used to add another significant piece down the road. He is still very much at the heart of what the Pacers are looking to do.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    611

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.

    Danny Granger should never be traded IMO because I can't see much less predict a trade where we get the equal bang for the buck that DG brings us (as not only a seasoned vet, but an INDIANA seasoned vet, his above average defense, his fire when dealing with LeWhine James, and his overall tenacious attitude. I think it fits with what i want Indiana basketball to be). And if you've never read the article about Danny and his "old man moves", much like David West i think DG's game will transition well into his 33-34th birthday
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

    Passion. Pride. Pacers.

    It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only


  4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  5. #3
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.

    Danny Granger should never be traded IMO because I can't see much less predict a trade where we get the equal bang for the buck that DG brings us (as not only a seasoned vet, but an INDIANA seasoned vet, his above average defense, his fire when dealing with LeWhine James, and his overall tenacious attitude. I think it fits with what i want Indiana basketball to be). And if you've never read the article about Danny and his "old man moves", much like David West i think DG's game will transition well into his 33-34th birthday
    +1

    Without Danny, this team doesn't have the same edge when backed into a corner. Danny doesn't shy away from anything (Clutch defense, shooting) and seems to believe his team can and will win in every circumstance. That's tough to replace.

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,387

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.
    Mr. Mernatsi would disagree with you there. When not referring to the sandwich meat, "baloney" is a perfectly acceptable spelling for the word. Kevin Pritchard should have used the word "mularkey" or the phrase "bunch of stuff" to catch up with the times.

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mr. Mernatsi would disagree with you there. When not referring to the sandwich meat, "baloney" is a perfectly acceptable spelling for the word.
    You are correct.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  10. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,653

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    I do believe that the traditionally poor distribution skills of Pacers point guards have had an impact on the shooting percentages of our players, particularly our perimeter players. Without a good distributor I contend that there is a greater likelihood of possessions ending in hurried shots to beat the shot clock. And, more often than not, it is a perimeter player that is forced to take the hurried shot.

    I'm hoping that Hill and Augustine both prove more capable than previous at getting the ball to open players in their sweet spots. So, wat am I expecting this year? One of the biggest improvements I am expecting is a better shooting percentage for our team as a whole. With our better athleticism and distribution, I also expect to see us shoot more free throws as opponents attempt to recover to our shooters.

  11. #7

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Actually, he is correct. Balogna is food; baloney means foolishness. Not trying to be a smart-***, just trying to help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers4Life View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All credibility out the window for spelling the word bologna like that.

    Danny Granger should never be traded IMO because I can't see much less predict a trade where we get the equal bang for the buck that DG brings us (as not only a seasoned vet, but an INDIANA seasoned vet, his above average defense, his fire when dealing with LeWhine James, and his overall tenacious attitude. I think it fits with what i want Indiana basketball to be). And if you've never read the article about Danny and his "old man moves", much like David West i think DG's game will transition well into his 33-34th birthday

  12. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Nice to read. I completely agree with him, too. Early on, Danny showed really great flashes of an all-around game: defense, rebounding, high-efficiency shooting, and a decent dribble. For several years it was clear he was forcing things (especially the long ball) on offense, which mostly was a better option than anything else we had. I'd really like to see what he looks like when he's letting the game come to him and really working on having an all-around effective game, instead of just chucking threes.

    I thought last year was a very good step in this direction, but I'm hoping to see even more of it this season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,190

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

    He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

    If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

    He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

    If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)
    Ronnie Brewer against Danny is one of those games that comes to mind, Danny's lazines made Brewer look amazing, I could bring more examples but I don't feel like it

  17. #11
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,190

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ronnie Brewer against Danny is one of those games that comes to mind, Danny's lazines made Brewer look amazing, I could bring more examples but I don't feel like it
    Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.

  18. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol you just proved my point! I agree that Danny gets lazy against inferior offensive players, but it's not like Brewer went for 30. Dude scored like 18-21 pts.
    20points 10rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals.

  19. #13

    Post Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never understood this Danny is a bad defender thing. Outside of Lebron (who kills everybody) I can't think of a single player "lighting" Danny up. (In fact, during the first 3 games of the MIA series, Danny was even giving Bron a little bit of trouble.)

    He's had his lapse in effort where a less talented player has scored 15 points, but I just cant recall too many games where Danny is just taken to school.

    If you want to complain about his shot selection, and maybe his tendency to force a shot or two--I can see it.
    But his defense? I've thought since the coaching change, Danny's defense has gone back to Pre-MIP Danny. (less athleticism, more physicality)
    He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,190

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He cant guard Mello and he struggles against high energy guys like Brewer and the dude from Denver. Danny can be a good defender when he wants to, but he's not a stopper or a guy you put on the other teams best player like Deng and Iggy... guys he's usually compared to.
    Danny isn't a stopper by any means, and he's a much better shooter/scorer than those two. Those two guys never had to shoulder the offensive load DG's had to in the past.

    We've all had this argument countless times, I just don't think he's a below average defender. Stopper? Not at all. Good defender? Very much so

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    He's not going anywhere.

  24. #16
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,291

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Doubt he gets moved...but if he were to be traded, it won't be till after this season.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  25. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    He is not going anywhere... Because nobody in their right mind would trade for a guy like him making that kind of money, not only that but it looks like his knee is starting to be an issue, unless the Pacers think about giving him away for nothing I don't see a team trading anything of great value for him.

    Danny is here to stay forever until his knee or back falls apart ala Foster.

  26. #18
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,291

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is not going anywhere... Because nobody in their right mind would trade for a guy like him making that kind of money, not only that but it looks like his knee is starting to be an issue, unless the Pacers think about giving him away for nothing I don't see a team trading anything of great value for him.

    Danny is here to stay forever until his knee or back falls apart ala Foster.
    There's always Kahn, right? Dude loves Granger and he's bat-**** crazy. Granger for Williams!

    /I kid, I kid...about the trade. I def think Kahn would trade for him.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  27. #19
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He is not going anywhere... Because nobody in their right mind would trade for a guy like him making that kind of money, not only that but it looks like his knee is starting to be an issue, unless the Pacers think about giving him away for nothing I don't see a team trading anything of great value for him.

    Danny is here to stay forever until his knee or back falls apart ala Foster.
    Just out of curiosity... what would Danny have to do this season to get you to give him a break? Score more? Pass more? Rebound more? Defend more? Stop breathing?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just out of curiosity... what would Danny have to do this season to get you to give him a break? Score more? Pass more? Rebound more? Defend more? Stop breathing?
    Put out a better stat line than M. Ellis, while winning more games?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just out of curiosity... what would Danny have to do this season to get you to give him a break? Score more? Pass more? Rebound more? Defend more? Stop breathing?
    Do you really think a team in their right mind would trade for him and his high salary and give something of value in return? it's not even about me liking him or not it's about reality, his knee has been an issue for a while now, remember the time you wanted to trade Dunleavy before his value went to the toilet because of his knee? yep same story different player.

  32. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really think a team in their right mind would trade for him and his high salary and give something of value in return? it's not even about me liking him or not it's about reality, his knee has been an issue for a while now, remember the time you wanted to trade Dunleavy before his value went to the toilet because of his knee? yep same story different player.
    If Philly can get Bynum (who you yourself dubbed a superstar) for Iguoudala and the remaining 2 yrs 30M on his deal, I am absolutely certain we can get "value" for Granger and the remaining 2 years 27M of his deal.

  33. #23
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you really think a team in their right mind would trade for him and his high salary and give something of value in return? it's not even about me liking him or not it's about reality, his knee has been an issue for a while now, remember the time you wanted to trade Dunleavy before his value went to the toilet because of his knee? yep same story different player.
    So... I'm going to mark you down as "Refusing to answer." Which is pretty much what I expected.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    He plays an old mans game. He'll play at this level likely until he retires. He loves it here. Most of the fans love him. Keep him.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  37. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Danny Granger Still Safe in Indiana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He plays an old mans game. He'll play at this level likely until he retires. He loves it here. Most of the fans love him. Keep him.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    To bad old mans can't play D .....

Similar Threads

  1. Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger released from hospital [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM
  3. Danny Granger rejoins Indiana Pacers after missing 11 games [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 11:40 AM
  4. Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger set to return from foot injury [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
  5. Danny Granger wall. Welcome to Indiana.
    By ajbry in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •