Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41

Thread: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

  1. #26
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    625
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please elaborate how Lance "punted"
    Last year?

    I was being nice. He stunk and should have been cut from the roster.

  2. #27
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,117
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    I think early in the season we will see a 10 man rotation. And most of the season see a 9 man rotation. My concern is that if Augustin needs the ball to be effective, and Lance needs the ball to be effective...either one of them is going to have to start...or Vogel will need to change his method of substitution. Because the line change will not work with DJ/Lance/Green on the court at the same time for 4-5 minutes at a time.

  3. #28
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,117
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year?

    I was being nice. He stunk and should have been cut from the roster.

    Sooooooo cut someone who will get paid anyway and have one less player (Barbosa came later). He was not ideal, neither was Tyler. Neither was AJ. His defense did not stink last year.

  4. #29
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't another Hansbrough thread, baby.

    Lance was given time early in the season. He couldn't handle it.

    Hopefully he can this year.
    First off, I mentioned Hans once, so I don't know where you thought this was becoming another Hans thread.

    2nd, Lance was barely given more than 10min a game on occasions, most seemingly around 6-8min...with some DNPs mixed in. I guess by your definition that's given time early in the season. To me, that's garbage minutes, and not really a way to evaluate someone.

    Lance's main problem is that he'd let a little success go to his head. He'd have a pretty good game and then put up a turd the next.

    I'm hopeful for Lance this season. With consistent minutes, we'll likely see him improve greatly along the way.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,120

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    I'm just happy that no matter what happens on the court, I think Lance has proved he has changed his mind set. He stays in Indy working out all summer, not going home. Plus, I think it's pretty obvious he doesn't still think he's "all that" so to speak. He knows he needs to work to get a spot in the league and needs to improve, not just rely on natural ability.

    I think of this too: his rookie year, who would've thought Lance would be training in Indy and watching extra tape with coaches? Probably few of us.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    625
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First off, I mentioned Hans once, so I don't know where you thought this was becoming another Hans thread.

    2nd, Lance was barely given more than 10min a game on occasions, most seemingly around 6-8min...with some DNPs mixed in. I guess by your definition that's given time early in the season. To me, that's garbage minutes, and not really a way to evaluate someone.

    Lance's main problem is that he'd let a little success go to his head. He'd have a pretty good game and then put up a turd the next.

    I'm hopeful for Lance this season. With consistent minutes, we'll likely see him improve greatly along the way.
    I'll have to agree with you about Lance's problem with attitude. He is his own worst enemy.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have to agree with you about Lance's problem with attitude. He is his own worst enemy.
    haha exactly.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  11. #33
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have to agree with you about Lance's problem with attitude. He is his own worst enemy.
    Was.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  13. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was.
    No he still is if he didn't take plays off he would be 10x better. Every time he makes a decent play he takes the next play off it seems like. He still has a ways to go mentally but from where he started he has made magical strides and if he keeps it up he will get there in time. I dont think he will ever fully get there but if he just played hard and didn't complain and scowl after bad plays or even good plays it would go a long way in making him a player.

    Some guys scowl and complain and play hard while doing it Lance isnt one of them.

  14. #35
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,614

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year?

    I was being nice. He stunk and should have been cut from the roster.
    Your entitled to your opinion , even if its baseless and incorrect
    Sittin on top of the world!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  16. #36
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    When I went to the preseason game this year it was the first time I've left a game thinking Lance didn't look like he should have been pulled almost immediately. Yet, let's not get ahead of ourselves with the Tyreke Evans comparison. Lance is just now looking like he could deserve some minutes at the age of 22, and while some of you say that's young .... Tyreke was scoring 20 PPG at the age of 20 in the NBA. Tyreke was better in college, and has been better every year you could compare them by ages. It's not even remotely close. Lance has to make some unprecidented kind of jump this year to get in that category.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  18. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    I don't think it is a question of whether any of us / each of us "likes" Lance. We are mostly Pacers fans here, so we all want each player to become the best he can be.

    I think it really boils down to what each of us expects from Lance. Last year, I would have given Lance about a 10% chance of panning out. Now, I think it's more about 50-50.

    But those of you who are whining that Lance has not been given a proper chance because he hasn't gotten his 15-20 minutes per game like Tyler or others, get over it. That's not the way the real world works. Low end bench players are GIVEN minutes as they become available. If they are productive with those minutes IN THE EYES OF THE COACH then they will have EARNED greater considerations at a later opportunity.

    But to get greater minutes, as a low end bench player, he must also convince his coach with his play that he can contribute more to winning games than players ahead of him in the pecking order. That's the way it should be. It's just business and it's Vogel's job. Vogel is not going to give or reduce minutes base on wwhether or not he likes the person. It's only about keeping all players as fresh as he can and getting as many Ws as he can.
    Last edited by beast23; 10-25-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  19. #38
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,389

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think it is a question of whether any of us / each of us "likes" Lance. We are mostly Pacers fans here, so we all want each player to become the best he can be.

    I think it really boils down to what each of us expects from Lance. Last year, I would have given Lance about a 10% chance of panning out. Now, I think it's more about 50-50.

    But those of you who are whining that Lance has not been given a proper chance because he hasn't gotten his 15-20 minutes per game like Tyler or others, get over it. That's not the way the real world works. Low end bench players are GIVEN minutes as they become available. If they are productive with those minutes IN THE EYES OF THE COACH then they will have EARNED greater considerations at a later opportunity.

    But to get greater minutes, as a low end bench player, he must also convince his coach with his play that he can contribute more to winning games than players ahead of him in the pecking order. That's the way it should be. It's just business and it's Vogel's job. Vogel is not going to give or reduce minutes base on wwhether or not he likes the person. It's only about keeping all players as fresh as he can and getting as many Ws as he can.
    I get what your saying, but I don't buy it in Lance's case simply for the fact that he was a high profile player and Larry Bird talked this guy up sooooooooooo much. Didn't he say Lance was the best player on the team? Or maybe most talented? Can't recall exactly, but Lance should have been given more minutes last year.

    But he didn't. I think he'll get his chance this year. I'm eager to watch Lance show what he can do much like other players on the team, and to watch them grow and get better.

    Thank God our bench depth isn't a mirage this year. No longer will the starters go out with a 20pt lead and have it evaporate in a matter of minutes. It might just be me, but I felt the Pacers should have had so many blowout wins last year, but that bench was ****ing horrible. DJ, Lance, Green, Hans and Ian is a pretty solid group in my eyes.

    PG & Green...Lob City here we come!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,660

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    I think you are missing one very valid point. Bird did not coach the team last year. He doesn't coach the team this year A GM will very rarely dictate who is going to play and how much.

    It is the coach's responsibility to win as many games as possible, his job depends on it. In that regard, I believe Vogel does an excellent job. Therefore, I have no reason to question his player usage.

    I believe Vogel has proven himself to be a player's coach. He will play the players who will help the team to win games, regardless of who they are. Therefore, again I have no reason to question his judgement.

  22. #40
    Member GeniusJMG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    83
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Go Lance!

  23. #41

    Default Re: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

    Whining? That's a little harsh. I'd say we were just sticking up for a player that not many people believed in. We recognized the talent he has and didn't want to just throw that away like so many here would like to have done years ago. All we wanted was for him to have a chance to sink or swim with consistent minutes in real NBA games at some point, and now apparently he's earned that opportunity. It's all up to him what he does with it.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. (BUMPED) Pacers get DJ Augustin for one year
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 250
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 04:44 PM
  2. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 04:58 AM
  3. Pacers' O'Brien: Webber wasn't interested in 76ers [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:10 PM
  4. Maybe it wasn't the Pacers offense
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 12:09 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •