Thread: Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

Threaded View

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

Default Pacers: It wasn’t all about Granger and Augustin. Stephenson was in the mix, too.

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...n-the-mix-too/

CLEVELAND – Tuesday night in Cleveland belonged to Danny Granger and D.J. Augustin.

Granger because he had a solid performance in his first game of the preseason. He had nine points on 4-of-7 shooting in 12 minutes. Augustin finally looked comfortable running the offense. The pass-first point guard dished out 11 assists.

What some may not have noticed was Lance Stephenson’s six assists with only one turnover. He didn’t put those numbers up in garbage time, either.

Stephenson was under control and attacked the basket with the mind frame that he wants to remain in the rotation this season.

“That was definitely the best preseason game,” coach Frank Vogel said. “That’s terrific. People talk about LeBron being a freight train. Clearly he’s not LeBron, but he’s a freight train in the open court. When he gets the ball in a head steam and finds alleys and avenues to the basket and makes great decisions late in his drive. That’s a heck of a weapon.”
    Stephenson’s play gives hope that he could possibly hold down the backup shooting guard spot without forcing Vogel to make a change in the rotation.
    As probably Lance's biggest suporter from day 1, this really makes me glad I stood steadfast on my opinion of him, and believe if given consistent playing time this year we will see bigger and better things from him. I also believe , while not maybe a "tradtional point" he has the best court vision o the team , and last night was not an accident. Time will tell but I like what I see so far

He could really add a new dimension to this team
    Sittin on top of the world!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post: