Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

  1. #1
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    There isn't any semblance of a "game thread" for tonight's game, so I'm just going to leave this here:



    I love how he fumbles the ball a little bit on the hopstep, gets his handle, and jumps WAY high to throw it down. And his Triple Threat mentality is just incredible. He took Casspi all the way to the rim, dunked on him, and Casspi was *****ing out Samardo Samuels after the play.

    I bet that the Pacers FO is happy they got Green instead of Casspi now.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,731

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    I watched this video on Youtube and people were sure to point out that he traveled, he did, but it was still a nice dunk. Can't wait to see what he does in the regular season, it's gonna be a fun year for sure.

  4. #3
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Gerald Green has had a sick dunk every single game of pre season so far

    he is going to be a walking highlight reel.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,456
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    What happened to the Paul George vs Gerald Green dunk-off? I knew Paul could soar but damn Gerald gets so high on his dunks and does them with force. Will be fun to watch both of the dunk in games should be good for a few highlights every night.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by diamonddave00 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happened to the Paul George vs Gerald Green dunk-off? I knew Paul could soar but damn Gerald gets so high on his dunks and does them with force. Will be fun to watch both of the dunk in games should be good for a few highlights every night.
    They were hyping a "who's the better dunker" thing on Facebook the night of the last presidential debate. Woudln't surprise me at all if they do it at the Fan Jam.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  10. #6

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    I don't think that's a travel. Just a great move.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Dutch Pacers Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    570

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Watching that move, it just feels like you're playing a videogame, the way he gets up and dunks!
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to pacersgroningen For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,747

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Interesting that he went left but dunked with his right. Do you think he can dunk with his left?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,697

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's a travel. Just a great move.
    Watch the pivot foot in the beginning.

  17. #10
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch the pivot foot in the beginning.
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. He changes his pivot foot 2-3 times. I think he got away with it because:

    1) The refs either don't care since it's preseason, or
    2) The violent way that he rips the ball through when the defender is guarding him is distracting and your eyes move to that instead of his feet.

  18. #11
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Gonna be a fun season.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    I guess Lebron is not the only that gets away with traveling then

  21. #13

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    lol you guys are right, he switched his pivot foot twice. I wasn't even paying attention to the first part. The rest of the move was special ( and legal) though. Not many people can do the hop step footwork properly, let alone rise up and slam off two feet like that.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  23. #14
    Member mxrider210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gonna be a fun season.
    Yes it is!!! Can't come soon enough.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to mxrider210 For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,635

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    The travel is BARELY and is at the point of catch. Nearly all NBA players are allowed a small shuffle at the point of catch. Once he goes triple threat he's established his left foot as the pivot and to me the move is clean the rest of the way. This is a "legal" NBA move IMO. The typical NBA travel at Triple Threat is on a scissor step going into your dribble and Green doesn't do that.

    The move itself, the hard show and rip through, paired with the physical clearing at the rim and the monster standing vert to dunk is pretty freaking amazing.

    Green is sitting on the verge of a very special season if he keeps his head wrapped around his 6th man role and his long journey to this point. He has to avoid getting trapped again by his star hype. If he does that then he and this team can do some damage for several years in a row.

    Green and Mahinmi are showing us moves that are dramatically better than anything we saw from any bench player the last few years. The athletic ability paired with the strength and force is really impressive, much more than most of us had in mind when the deals originally went down.

    Minor upgrade has been changed to major upgrade in a hurry.

  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  27. #16
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,456
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Mahinmi's offense is far better than i thought it was. Green , Mahinmi and Augustine are huge improvements over last season.

  28. #17
    Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,796

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's a travel. Just a great move.
    Ahhhh...no. All he needed was luggage and a boarding pass there.

  29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NapTonius Monk For This Useful Post:


  30. #18
    HE HIT! HE HIT! HE HIT! glazedham42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The travel is BARELY and is at the point of catch. Nearly all NBA players are allowed a small shuffle at the point of catch. Once he goes triple threat he's established his left foot as the pivot and to me the move is clean the rest of the way.
    No. Watch after he faces up. It's shuffle city. Now, don't get me wrong. If I was at the game and they called a travel I would complain as bad as the next guy. But there's no denying he walked on that.

  31. #19
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    It's amazing the bounce he has. There are maybe a handful of guys who can, while defended, jump flat footed and throw it down that hard. Just an incredibly difficult play. Hard to imagine why he never got it going in the first place as an NBA player. His athleticism is equal to that of VC's back in the day. (without the power)

    We all talk about PG's leaping ability but he can't do that.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:


  33. #20
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,363
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that he went left but dunked with his right. Do you think he can dunk with his left?
    I think it was because he lost his handle a bit and when he regained control of it it was more natural to keep it in the right hand. Until then he was going with his left hand all the way.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  35. #21
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Paul George + Gerald Green = Better show than Miami, the Clippers, any team!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  37. #22

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahhhh...no. All he needed was luggage and a boarding pass there.
    Yup, I was only watching half the move. Glad that was pointed out because I missed part of the play. He definitely traveled, but it wasn't nearly as obvious as when LeBron takes his final dribble 20 feet from the basket and takes 3 steps before a dunk. I can't stand it when they let players do that

  38. #23
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Gerald Green's jam vs. Cleveland

    I hope we see a lot of DJ running the point with Paul and Gerald on the wings. Alley Opp ALL the plays! Can you see that fast break? I can, and I like it a lot.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Gerald Green
    By diamonddave00 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM
  2. Gerald Green
    By Justin Tyme in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
  3. Anyone Else Wish We Would've Taken Gerald Green?
    By PacersFan83 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 11:15 AM
  4. Gerald Green to NBDL
    By blanket in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 08:17 AM
  5. Gerald Green - OMG
    By LouisvilleLip in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •