Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 51

Thread: Top NBA point guards SI.com

  1. #26
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You must be talking about fit, because talent-wise I don't think there's much of a debate. Regardless, I think I'd still take Rubio, despite his flawed defensive game.
    I just believe that defense is important. You will get absolutely nothing out of Rubio here.

  2. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am probably crazy for saying this, but there is no way I would trade George Hill for Rubio.
    Yes, you are crazy for saying that.....

  3. #28
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    I admit that DWill is a good players, but he's not elite IMO. He really doesn't make anyone on his team better. That's the mark of a top pg. I'd def lower him outside the top 5.

    CP3, Rose, Rondo, Nash, Rubio...those guys are good and make their teammates better. Kyrie will be elite real soon. It's really difficult to rank pgs, just cause there are so many good ones, you seriously can't go wrong on these guys.

    My top 5 would be CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Rondo, Parker, in that order.

    joew8302 - you are crazy then. The Timberwolves were 19-19 before he got injured, looking like they were getting better and better, and finished at 26-40. He just has that ability to make his team better. He doesn't have to score 30+ to be elite. Rondo proves it all too well.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  4. #29
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously I am actually shocked that Rondo was out of the top 3, let alone top 5. He may have glaring weaknesses, and he can take a night off. But the dude killed it in the playoffs for 2 straight years.
    Anyone that flirts triple double on a nightly basis should be easily top 5.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  5. #30

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over who?
    Over CP3, Deron, Rose, Westbrook, and Tony Parker. (although I might take CP3 or Rose ahead of him. )

    I don't really agree with the rankings other than the final 3.

    My top 5 would probably be 1. Rondo, 2. CP3, 3. Rose, 4. Parker 5. Williams (although I'd be tempted to put Nash in the 4th or 5th spot.) Westbrook has all the ability to be in the top 3, except mentally he's not there.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-23-2012 at 06:28 PM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    CP3
    Rondo
    DWill
    Westbrook
    Nash
    Rose
    Parker
    Lawson
    Irving
    Rubio
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. #32
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,114

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    It'll be interesting to see how D.Rose stacks up AFTER his injury. If he loses some of that speed and explosiveness, he's gonna fall.

    And yes, the only PG better than Rondo is CP3. Rondo is a baaaaaad man, who always rises to the occasion in big games.

    D-Will is kind of overrated to me. This year will be a good gage of how good he really is.

  9. #33

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    It all depends on what you want from the PG position when ranking those top 6. Personally, I'd rank them:
    Rondo
    Rose
    Paul
    Parker
    DWill
    Westbrook

  10. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It all depends on what you want from the PG position when ranking those top 6. Personally, I'd rank them:
    Rondo
    Rose
    Paul
    Parker
    DWill
    DC
    Westbrook
    Fixed

  11. #35
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,161

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    I'd choose Rondo over everyone. He is clearly the best Point Guard in the league.

  12. #36
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd choose Rondo over everyone. He is clearly the best Point Guard in the league.
    I'd take CP3 over Rondo any day. CP3's only issue is health. Rondo's issues are poor shooting and attitude. I'd really take either one though.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  13. #37
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    I would take in to consideration rondo is only being payed a flat 10 mil a year for a PG with his talent that is an amazing contract.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  15. #38

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    My top 3 would be CP3, DWill, Westbrook for next year.
    If it's based only on last year's form, i would say CP3, Parker, Rose.

  16. #39
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,234

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My top 3 would be CP3, DWill, Westbrook for next year.
    If it's based only on last year's form, i would say CP3, Parker, Rose.
    DWill is so overrated. He's good, but he doesn't make anyone better around him. He's just a selfish player.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. #40

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DWill is so overrated. He's good, but he doesn't make anyone better around him. He's just a selfish player.
    we'll see. i guess it's fair to say it re his play last season.
    But I bet on his return this season.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    1. CP3
    2. Rondo
    3. Rose
    4. Nash
    5. Deron Williams
    "We want Miami"

  20. #42
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, you are crazy for saying that.....
    For what it is worth you believe anyone who likes an Indianapolis area professional athlete is crazy, so I am not too heartbroken.

  21. #43
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    And it amazes me that people who would take Rubio (a big stat guy on a bad team)over Hill (a winner everywhere he has been), but killed Troy Murphy (big stat guy, bad team).

  22. #44

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And it amazes me that people who would take Rubio (a big stat guy on a bad team)over Hill (a winner everywhere he has been), but killed Troy Murphy (big stat guy, bad team).
    i wonder why some people who like apples (round, juicy) don't like oranges (round, juicy).

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  24. #45

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Rubio hasn't proved a thing in the NBA other than he's a good facilitator. That only gets you so far unless you have great players around you. At this point I wouldn't trade Hill for him.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  26. #46
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,579
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rubio hasn't proved a thing in the NBA other than he's a good facilitator. That only gets you so far unless you have great players around you. At this point I wouldn't trade Hill for him.
    I'm not as over the moon for Rubio as some others, but you could make the case that he's proven to be a great facilitator, and his entire team plays better when he's on the floor.

    Pre-injury last season, he had the Wolves looking like a 6-8 seed that could really cause some problems.

  27. #47

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    for what it's worth, the Wolves are 21-20 with Rubio and 5-20 without him. But they also lost Pekovic at basically the same time, so it's not worth much.
    People focus too much on wins anyway. Let me guess, George Hill for Kyrie or a young Chris Paul would be a no-go too? How about a Steve Nash from last year?

    With Rubio, we are talking about a rookie who's an amazing passer, big, long, and already a better defender than most of the players on that top 10 list, and a better defender than -- any -- of them except Rondo were in their rookie years.

  28. #48

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    With Rubio, we are talking about a rookie who's an amazing passer, big, long, and already a better defender than most of the players on that top 10 list, and a better defender than -- any -- of them except Rondo were in their rookie years.
    He was also only half way through his rookie season. It was the first time a lot players had the chance to play against him. Let's see how he does the second time through and see if he can make a shot before we crown him a top 10 PG.

  29. #49
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, you are crazy for saying that.....
    I would still like Hill right now, but in 3 years, definitely Rubio
    "We want Miami"

  30. #50

    Default Re: Top NBA point guards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by CJ Jones View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was also only half way through his rookie season. It was the first time a lot players had the chance to play against him. Let's see how he does the second time through and see if he can make a shot before we crown him a top 10 PG.
    i don't know about top 10, but George Hill isn't a top 10 point guard anyway, so it's irrelevant.

    either way, you can either stay in front of a Westbrook type or you can't. And Rubio is one of the few people who, for the most part, can. i'm more concerned about the effects of his injury than people suddenly 'learning' to get past him consistently.
    Now shooting is a concern, and i don't think it was ever really a debate. But it's unfair to say that he's just a passer.

Similar Threads

  1. DC vs. the other starting NBA Point Guards
    By Mackey_Rose in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 09:01 PM
  2. Two years from now: Top 10 point guards in the NBA?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-18-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. The NBA’s Top Point Guards-another list.
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 11:01 AM
  4. free agent point guards?
    By blanket in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 07:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •