Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: Pacers cut 3 players

  1. #26
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    According to hoopshype.com Pendergraph is under contract for $854,389. I think I read somewhere that it isn't guaranteed, but I could be wrong on that.

    The brother combo that people are not mentioning is the Wilkins brothers. Dominique and Gerald. The Hansbrough's would be the 4th brother como to play on the same team.

    I think the Pacers will only carry 14 players. Most likely they will cut either OJ or Ben, but it wouldn't upset me if they released Pendergraph.

  2. #27
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,023
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair.....is it official yet that Ben HAS MADE the team?
    http://www.eightpointsnineseconds.co...-blake-ahearn/

    Official that he has made it further than the other 3, and combining that with the idea that there is no need for the Pacers to cut another body, then all signs point to yes in my book.
    Why so SERIOUS

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Really? For This Useful Post:


  4. #28
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom and Dick Van Arsdale, twins whose careers stretched from 1965 to '77, and Brent and Mark Price with Washington in 1995-96.

    Also the Wilkens brothers: Dominique and Gerald.

    Edit:

    My bad: Thanks sav.

  5. #29
    Member sav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North Central Indiana
    Posts
    215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    You're welcome.

    Glad I could help.

  6. #30
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    The Pistons just cut Jonny Flynn and Terrence Williams, so they must be pretty terrible if they can't even stick on a team with end of bench roles.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  7. #31
    Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,181

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Pistons had 15 guaranteed contracts though, so it was always an uphill fight for those guys.

    Other than Ben H, Sam Young is the other remaining Pacer player with an unguaranteed contract, but he seems a lock to make the team. No official word yet though.

    I'm still waiting on the Rockets' cuts. They almost certainly will be cutting a useful player. JJJ anyone?

  8. #32
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Bulls cut Fesenko too. They're literally hard capped so they couldn't have kept him even if they wanted, not w/o some other moves anywya.

  9. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pistons had 15 guaranteed contracts though, so it was always an uphill fight for those guys.

    Other than Ben H, Sam Young is the other remaining Pacer player with an unguaranteed contract, but he seems a lock to make the team. No official word yet though.

    I'm still waiting on the Rockets' cuts. They almost certainly will be cutting a useful player. JJJ anyone?
    I would like for the Pacers to get either one of their power forwards.

  10. #34

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Logical choice IMO

    Lance holds the key. If he can run the point better than Ben the next few games, we don't really need the latter and we can leave a rosterspot open just in case.
    If he fails to run the point again, but provides us with some solid D, Young might be cut.

    If it were me, I would just cut Stephenson. No wait, I did that already after the stairs incident.
    I don't hate, I just don't see it.

  11. #35
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by sav View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to hoopshype.com Pendergraph is under contract for $854,389. I think I read somewhere that it isn't guaranteed, but I could be wrong on that.
    ESPN lists him earning $1.5 mil....whereas Shamsports indicate $1.875 mil. I have no idea what the official $$$$ is
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  12. #36
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN lists him earning $1.5 mil....whereas Shamsports indicate $1.875 mil. I have no idea what the official $$$$ is
    He has $1.5 million, guaranteed. Shamsports shows $1.5 mm. You're looking at the qualifying offer for next summer

    It's really unlikely the Pacers will cut any of their guaranteed deals, and Pendergraph is almost certainly safe.

    Ben Hansbrough is probably at or below 50/50. As a rule, the Pacers really like the idea of the open roster spot.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to count55 For This Useful Post:


  14. #37
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,741

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    No good reason to stop at 3, keep cutting FO.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  15. #38
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we were going to keep a 3rd PG on the team I wish it was Chris Kramer. I know he has already signed with a European League team, but if the Pacers knew they would need a 3rd pg they should have reached out to him earlier. He has a vastly superior summer league to Hansbrough, is much better of defense and just as smart.
    I would be a huge fan of this

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could just be that they are keeping Ben around until Hill can play.

    Saying that, I would be happy with him as the 15th guy.
    I think this is a good point, and I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who here would be in favor of cutting Pendy?
    If someone else were available, sure. Just 'cause? Nope.

  16. #39
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,371

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by repole View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish Ahearn had gotten more of a shot. He was every bit as effective as Gerald Green was in the DLeague last year, and while his skillset isn't going to translate as well as Green's, I think he's a guy who can contribute offensively at an NBA level. Looks like he's stuck as that ultimate AAAA type player. It's probably about time for him to start considering making some bigger money in Europe.
    Interesting that you say that, because Ahearn looked like garbage in both the summer and preseason. When they guy has been with the team for over a month and all any beat writer can say about him is the same FT% comment we heard on day 1....well he aint very good.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  17. #40
    Since 1984 1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,807

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I hope they keep Ben and I don't really care what happens to OJ and Pendergraph.
    we have not witnessed Orlando Johnson in full. The man needs to adjust, he still could be a steal.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:


  19. #41
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,583

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we have not witnessed Orlando Johnson in full. The man needs to adjust, he still could be a steal.
    Yeah, Orlando looks raw, but I think we should give him some time to develop and I think that's what we will do. He's got a scorer's mentality and if he sits and learns things from watching he could become the steal in the draft we hoped for.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  21. #42
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,343

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has $1.5 million, guaranteed. Shamsports shows $1.5 mm. You're looking at the qualifying offer for next summer

    It's really unlikely the Pacers will cut any of their guaranteed deals, and Pendergraph is almost certainly safe.

    Ben Hansbrough is probably at or below 50/50. As a rule, the Pacers really like the idea of the open roster spot.
    Thanks x2....one for backing up what I was initially saying....and another one cuz I haven't seen a count55 post in a long time....and it's good to see that you still lurk here on PD.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  22. #43
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could just be that they are keeping Ben around until Hill can play.

    Saying that, I would be happy with him as the 15th guy.
    This is what I think's happening. Far as keeping him once Hill's 100%, whatever, couldn't care less what they do with the last roster spot. It's our MO to not have a completely full roster though so I'd be surprised if we have one by game 1.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  24. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what I think's happening. Far as keeping him once Hill's 100%, whatever, couldn't care less what they do with the last roster spot. It's our MO to not have a completely full roster though so I'd be surprised if we have one by game 1.
    Well... That has been the MO under Bird. But I am hoping this continues under Walsh. But, of the remaining contracts, isn't Ben's the only one that is not guaranteed at this time?

  25. #45
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,044

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well... That has been the MO under Bird. But I am hoping this continues under Walsh. But, of the remaining contracts, isn't Ben's the only one that is not guaranteed at this time?
    Him and Young

  26. #46
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,023
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pistons had 15 guaranteed contracts though, so it was always an uphill fight for those guys.

    Other than Ben H, Sam Young is the other remaining Pacer player with an unguaranteed contract, but he seems a lock to make the team. No official word yet though.

    I'm still waiting on the Rockets' cuts. They almost certainly will be cutting a useful player. JJJ anyone?
    Thinking Greg Smith, Livingston and Brockman will be their 3 cuts...
    Why so SERIOUS

  27. #47
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers cut 3 players

    I know we all know this, but here it is listed in the game preview (http://www.nba.com/pacers/preview-pacers-cavs-121023)

    Noteworthy
    The Pacers made cuts Monday, parting ways with Blake Ahearn, Sundiata Gaines and Luke Nevill to get the roster down to the league-maximum 15. Another round of cuts may be made.
    Washington, Indiana’s Tyler Zeller was taken 17th overall in last year’s draft.
    Indiana’s three wins have been decided by an average of four points.
    The Cavaliers are 3-3 in the preseason and have alternated win-loss. Will that continue and mean a Cavs win?
    Cleveland head coach Byron Scott played for the Pacers from 1993-95.
    Head video coordinator Hansen Wong has also been the video coordinator for the Fever, who won their first WNBA title Sunday.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Unlikely To Add More Players
    By ECKrueger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 07:08 PM
  2. Pacers... Players in FA?
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
  3. NBA players and coaches see no reason to limit gambling for players [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
  5. Pacers will use their MLE on 2 players
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •