Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am expecting Gerald Green getting "significant" minutes this season

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I am expecting Gerald Green getting "significant" minutes this season

You really think that the Heat needed extra fuel on the fire in a playoff series? Maybe on some random tuesday night during the seson, but when the playoffs kick in, they have all the motivation they need.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: I am expecting Gerald Green get "significant" minutes this season

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've noticed a couple of Posters saying something to this extent. I personally didn't mind Danny getting in Lebron's face following an elbow. Was it over the top? Sure. But I'd much rather see my player get in the face of another guy, than see my player back off when the alpha male is barking at him. Up until game 4 and their back's were completely against the wall; Lebron and Wade seemed kind of "put in their place" because of this Pacer team that wouldn't back down.

Obviously eventually talent took over and they closed out the series, but I don't think DG getting in Lebron's face was adding fuel to the Heat's fire.
    I think a lot of people forget this. Danny was fine until Lebron decided to try and put his elbow through Danny's face. That's when he got mad. I would mind him just posturing and trying to look tough, but I don't mind him getting mad about an attempted cheap shot as much.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    I think a lot of people forget this. Danny was fine until Lebron decided to try and put his elbow through Danny's face. That's when he got mad. I would mind him just posturing and trying to look tough, but I don't mind him getting mad about an attempted cheap shot as much.
    Both times it happened it followed errant elbows.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I am expecting Gerald Green getting "significant" minutes this season

He is a special player and he brings to the table what we've needed for a long time.

Always a fan of his and very happy to have him here.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    So essentially, he's either a shooting guard who can't shoot or a point guard who can't run an offense, yet you expect him to be a rotation player?

Why?
    Because I still have a bit of hope he can learn. He's still a young 22. He's got skills to be a good player at PG he just struggles with the mental part, but you don't have to be a genius to play and understand the game. He's steadily improved over the years, and I think he still has room to grow. I'm not counting on him, but as I'm sure everyone knows by now I value play makers and passers, and he's the only guy on the team, except maybe DJ, that can be considered one.

alright im done hijacking the thread i didnt mean to. Green's a bad ***
    Last edited by CJ Jones; 10-23-2012 at 08:45 PM.