Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

  1. #1
    Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cumberland
    Posts
    15,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Because I'm bored with this offseason already:


    Suppose your town was offered a trade, which would you choose..........Andrew Luck or Lebron James?
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

  2. #2

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Luck on the Dolphins or Lebron on the Pacers?

    I love Luck and think he'll eventually get a Super Bowl but, assuming everything on the Pacers stay the same, Lebron on the Pacers is most likely = multiple championships immediately.

  3. #3
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Wait....Luck on the Heat and LeDecision on the Colts?

    Not sure on this one.....I think that LeDecision is quick, big and strong enough to play in the NFL. I go with LeDecision to play on the Colts....that way, I can see him get flattened by a 300 pound linebacker.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,953

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    I think South Florida people would choose Luck. Before Lebron there wasn't much interest in the Heat. The Dolphins are always talked about no matter what.
    "Danny Granger is one of the top players in the league. To move Danny, you better get a lot back." - Larry Bird

  6. #5
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Lebron James a million times over. There's not even a discussion

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron James a million times over. There's not even a discussion
    I wish.

  9. #7
    Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,584

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    It's going to be a long offseason lol!

  10. #8

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    I like Andrew Luck more but I think LeBron being here would guarantee a championship

    I really am not sure I can say about Luck he's capable sure but a lot of great players were capable of winning a ring and never did.

  11. #9

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think South Florida people would choose Luck. Before Lebron there wasn't much interest in the Heat. The Dolphins are always talked about no matter what.
    Nahhhhh. Luck is still gonna do big things in Indy though. Lebron is the biggest start in all of sports

  12. #10

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    One all-time great can do a lot more for a basketball team than one all-time great can do for a football team. I mean, look at all of Dan Marino's rings. Sure you can screw up a basketball team even with an all-time great, but it's takes a good bit of incompetence.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  14. #11
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    I know most people in Indy wouldn't agree with me, but I would take 1 Pacers title in exchange for the Colts not having a winning record for 20 years.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One all-time great can do a lot more for a basketball team than one all-time great can do for a football team. I mean, look at all of Dan Marino's rings. Sure you can screw up a basketball team even with an all-time great, but it's takes a good bit of incompetence.
    and LeBron is just better at basketball than Luck is at football.

  17. #13

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and LeBron is just better at basketball than Luck is at football.
    To be fair, Lebron has several more years experience at this point.

    I might argue that being a Quarterback in the NFL is more difficult than being a basketball player but well, apples and oranges.

  18. #14
    Member RyanPelley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Belleville, Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    204
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Football >>>>>>>> basketball, IMO. So don't trade Luck for Brun.

  19. #15
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    470
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    I'd have to go with LeBron on the Pacers.

    The big contrast between NFL and NBA playoff format, is in the NBA the better team will win in a 7 game series. In the NFL, you have a better chance of getting lucky just one game and eliminating your opponent. In the NBA, you're not going to get lucky 4 times in a series. The better team will always prevail. That's not the case in the NFL.

  20. #16
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,321

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Luck.... Indy, like Cleveland being in the midwest you know LeDecision would get out of Dodge as soon as possible.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  21. #17

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck.... Indy, like Cleveland being in the midwest you know LeDecision would get out of Dodge as soon as possible.
    Except LeBron is from the Midwest so the reason he left had very little to do with living in Cleveland as much as not winning any titles there.

    Had he won a title there he would've stayed.

  22. #18

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Yeah, I'm assuming as antagonistic as the Heat/Pacers have been, playing with the talent on the Pacers roster would be ideal for Lebron.

  23. #19
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Well if the Pacers were offered a trade for Lebron hell yes take it and win a few championships immediately. I love Luck and think he can be the best QB of this generation, but Lebron nearly guarantees my beloved Pacers championships.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #20
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,606
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    While I would love to see the Pacers win the title, I would rather do it the way we are doing it by building. I am one who enjoys the journey as much as the result.

  25. #21
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,561
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Easy.

    Peyton Manning.

  26. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    4,186

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    I'd have to imagine if you posted this question to the general public, they'd rather keep Luck here then have LeBron on the Pacers with no Luck. The NFL is just bigger. It's an interesting question though.

    And one more point, after watching the trainwreck that the Cleveland Cavaliers organization has been the last 4 years, can anyone blame LeBron for leaving that mess? I totally understand ripping how he did it, but I don't understand anyone who criticizing the fact that he left.
    UncleBuck:

    "See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

  27. #23

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have to imagine if you posted this question to the general public, they'd rather keep Luck here then have LeBron on the Pacers with no Luck. The NFL is just bigger. It's an interesting question though.

    And one more point, after watching the trainwreck that the Cleveland Cavaliers organization has been the last 4 years, can anyone blame LeBron for leaving that mess? I totally understand ripping how he did it, but I don't understand anyone who criticizing the fact that he left.
    At this point most don't, just the way he sort of publicly broke the heart of a city and then did a pro wrestling heel promo with Wade and Bosh about winning 7 titles.

  28. #24
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    470
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd have to imagine if you posted this question to the general public, they'd rather keep Luck here then have LeBron on the Pacers with no Luck. The NFL is just bigger. It's an interesting question though.

    And one more point, after watching the trainwreck that the Cleveland Cavaliers organization has been the last 4 years, can anyone blame LeBron for leaving that mess? I totally understand ripping how he did it, but I don't understand anyone who criticizing the fact that he left.
    I totally understood that he left (he's certainly not the first, nor will be the last, to leave the team that drafted him). But having a one-hour special to basically say: "I'm leaving this ****-poor team and taking my coveted talent to South Beach." - that was pure bulls*!t. Then to exacerbate it with the: "Not one, not two...."

  29. #25

    Default Re: For the fans of either Indiana or Miami

    Quote Originally Posted by pogi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I totally understood that he left (he's certainly not the first, nor will be the last, to leave the team that drafted him). But having a one-hour special to basically say: "I'm leaving this ****-poor team and taking my coveted talent to South Beach." - that was pure bulls*!t. Then to exacerbate it with the: "Not one, not two...."
    And it wasn't just that he left either. It was that he, Wade, and Bosh basically colluded to team up and become a super team, they planned it out for a long time. People ask a lot why no one ever gives Boston crap for the super team they built, but that was all Ainge, they gave up assets, he traded for all those guys.

    I'm not saying it's right to "hate" them for it, in the grand scheme it's pretty petty to get upset about some guys doing what they can to control their careers. But if you're not a fan of a team in a huge market or in a resort city I can see how it's a scary feeling once players found out they actually have some control here, can make it feel like the deck's stacked against you that much more and you just feel kinda hopeless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •