Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Browns-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This surprises you why?

You have been exceedingly patient with him, but this is a guy who has made multiple comments about how he is just waiting on Irsay to die. I would love to know what purpose those comments serve to actually further the discussion. They are distasteful and uncalled for and only exist to draw an emotional reaction. (There is a word for this in internet world)

And heck, I'm not even the biggest Irsay fan, but even I am glad I didn't have to make the Manning call and I think Irsay was as honest and as up front as he could be about it.
    I'm not saying that I'm surprised. But I felt it was my duty to call him out for his unsubstantiated claims that Irsay is a liar, as most of this forum has instead zeroed in on his Luck comments. I've made my point now though. I've asked him multiple times for proof and he hasn't given me so much as a link. His calling Irsay a liar is because of his immense hatred for Irsay, not because of any concrete lie that he can point to. It's fine to dislike Irsay because of the Manning decision, but if you're going to call him a liar without any proof then be prepared to get called out on it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    It looks like OlBlu is ignoring my 4th or 5th request to produce a simple link that proves Irsay lied. I think OlBlu knows deep down that Irsay made no such statement.
    It is not my problem if you have a short term memory problem. I haven't even looked for printed material. There was plenty of it. He said that the Colts could keep both the number one draft choice and Peyton Manning. We knew that wasn't happening. He wanted Peyton to take a cut in pay. Peyton actually got a pay raise. I can't help it that you guys think having Andrew Luck and losing is superior to having Peyton Manning and winning. I suppose it is some kind of personality defect.... I am still mad as hell about running Peyton out of town and Luck has shown absolutely nothing and you couldn't trade him for a second round draft choice now.....

I am an Irsay acolyte? Good Lord, I don't think anyone would ever describe me like that. I have been chastized on here before by taking some pretty strong stances on Mr. Irsay.

If you don't agree that Irsay is a liar or the worst owner in the NFL then you are an Irsay acolyte. I've been accused of the same thing.

Saying the Colts COULD and saying the Colts WOULD is a big difference. (That's directed at Ob)

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

I am an Irsay acolyte? Good Lord, I don't think anyone would ever describe me like that. I have been chastized on here before by taking some pretty strong stances on Mr. Irsay.
    Do you really think I was serious about that? You don't take ribbing very well. I maintain a great sense of humor in spite of many personal attacks. I have read in the past what you have said about Irsay. I have told you many times that I agree with you on most things. I just don't agree with you that Andrew Luck is the answer in Indy...... That is one position... I think I probably have thanked more of your posts than anyone here....

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    It is not my problem if you have a short term memory problem. I haven't even looked for printed material. There was plenty of it. He said that the Colts could keep both the number one draft choice and Peyton Manning. We knew that wasn't happening. He wanted Peyton to take a cut in pay. Peyton actually got a pay raise. I can't help it that you guys think having Andrew Luck and losing is superior to having Peyton Manning and winning. I suppose it is some kind of personality defect.... I am still mad as hell about running Peyton out of town and Luck has shown absolutely nothing and you couldn't trade him for a second round draft choice now.....
    What are you talking about? I've made multiple posts in the past week talking about how this would still be a very good team with Manning. I'm pretty sure you thanked several of them. I wish Manning were here, though I like Luck a lot.

If the Irsay lies were as frequent as you imply, then please find me one. If you can produce a television show, then surely you can use google. I follow the Colts closely and pay attention to nearly everything that comes from the organization. I posted a concrete piece of evidence from January in which Irsay said that we were taking a quarterback. That should have been a huge red flag to anyone who followed this team that Manning wasn't coming back. Saying that the Colts could keep both the number one draft choice and Manning is not a lie. It was a factual statement as we could have done that. But he didn't say that we were going to do that. Irsay *always* tempered those sort of remarks with a disclaimer saying that he and Peyton still had to meet before anything was decided, etc etc etc.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-23-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Banned
    Mood

Do you produce This Old House?
    I am not going to say anymore, Joe. I don't need some of the "fanatics" here calling my employer and complaining about me. Not that it would do them any good because I am a legend at what I do. But it has been a very tough five years and everyone is scrambling to survive. In 2008 there were seven companies producing shows in my field. We are the only one left standing.... And it has been a close things sometimes. I keep waiting for things to get better and they have but only a little bit. If you are really curious, send me a PM and I will let you know if you promise to keep it to yourself... Again, I have developed a sense of trust in you that I don't share with anyone else here.... I hope that trust is well places. That doesn't mean that I expect you to agree with me about anything. I know your responses are honest and I respect that even though I may not agree with you....

Do you produce This Old House?
    Being the RV expert that he is, I'm guessing its a show like...

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/12/rv...e-rvs-of-2010/

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    Being the RV expert that he is, I'm guessing its a show like...

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2010/12/rv...e-rvs-of-2010/
    Interesting.... hope blu sells a ton of them.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Interesting.... hope blu sells a ton of them.
    After playing around the website, his avatar even looks a little like this guy. Is this his RV idol?

http://www.rvbusiness.com/tag/bob-zagami/

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts couldn't trade Luck for a 2nd round pick right now?

Omg thats hilarious.

So dumb.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post

The Colts couldn't trade Luck for a 2nd round pick right now?

Omg thats hilarious.

So dumb.
    It is an overstatement certainly but the idea is sound. He has not shown a whole lot yet while RGIII and Wilson in Seattle have. Tannehill has been decent too....

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It is an overstatement certainly but the idea is sound. He has not shown a whole lot yet while RGIII and Wilson in Seattle have. Tannehill has been decent too....
    Still proving my point, you're psyhotic dude.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

The problem with this statement is that nobody, not even the media, agrees with you about Luck.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Colts could trade Luck for the next two number 1 overall picks right now if they wanted to.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Colts could trade Luck for the next two number 1 overall picks right now if they wanted to.
    But the Redskins could trade RG3 for the next THREE!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

I seriously doubt that....... but if they could, they sure as hell should. There will be better choices down the line....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    The problem with this statement is that nobody, not even the media, agrees with you about Luck.
    That isn't true but proceed with your delusions....... Note, that I did not call you a liar, just wrong....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Still proving my point, you're psyhotic dude.

Well, that isn't very nice or respectful and you still don't know what it means......

I seriously doubt that....... but if they could, they sure as hell should. There will be better choices down the line....
    Wouldn't you still be obligated to hate the next one anyway? He'd be the guy the Colts gave up the guy they gave up Manning for.

That isn't true but proceed with your delusions....... Note, that I did not call you a liar, just wrong....
    Find me somewhere on ESPN or the national media where it says that Luck isn't living up to expectations. Then you can call me delusional and wrong all you want, but in the meantime you are the one who is clearly delusional.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

http://www.payperhead.com/blog/nfl-rookie-report

Andrew Luck

Luck is every bit the leader that the NFL scouts said he would be. He is cool, calm and collected when he is in the pocket, and he is helping his rookie receivers develop into NFL stars. Without a doubt, Andrew Luck is more than living up to the hype that was surrounding him
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...fin-iii-week-7

Luck: The Colts' passing game was unimpressive, but Luck impacted the game positively with his legs. Indianapolis isn't a playoff-caliber team, but Luck could make it that way sooner rather than later. He gets a 4 (last week was a 2; overall this season, he's a 73.3 percent team savior).
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...uth-must-reads

The arguments about who is better between Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III stir passion.
    They also stir the numbers.
    Today's article of the day comes from Chase Stuart writing for the New York Times, who once again points out that Luck and Griffin are playing completely different styles of football.
    While RGIII dominates the traditional stats, Luck edges him out in metrics like QBR, which try to take a more holistic view of quarterback value. This is a classic example of how statistics don't lie, but sometimes you have to work hard to find the right stats.
    Stuart does an excellent job tracing just how vertical the Indianapolis offense has been and how little help Luck has received from backs and wideouts.
    There's no point in trying to discredit Griffin's play, which has been beyond superlative, but simply slapping up a passer rating and declaring him the run-away winner in a mythical race would be foolish.
    The only relevant question is which quarterback will develop into the better pro in the long run, and there's plenty of evidence that what Indianapolis is doing with Luck will well-situate him for running a dynamic offense, just as soon as they find other players who can play that style.
    Luck's value has been subtle, but the effects on the field are obvious. No sane analyst would cite "quarterback wins" as a valid metric, but the fact is that the Colts have possibly less raw talent than any team in football, yet stand 3-3 with wins over the Minnesota Vikings and Green Bay Packers.
    There's little question that were Griffin on the Colts, his numbers would not be nearly as pristine as they are with the Redskins.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

It's important to note that Luck has no running game right now. Teams know that we have to throw the ball a lot. That's not exactly a desirable position for a rookie QB to be in. Peyton had Marshall Faulk in his rookie year and then Edgerrin James for the next 7. RGIII has that Alfred Morris who has looked very sharp. Luck doesn't have anything close to what Manning and RGIII had in their rookie seasons.

Olblu, you harp on Luck's stats, yet imply that Tannehill has looked better? He has 4 TDs 6 picks and a 76.5 rating. Luck has 7/7 and a 72.3

Luck is about what you'd expect of a rookie on a mediocre team with no running game. He is about exactly where Manning was as a rookie. That in no way shape or form is met to imply that he'll be as great as Manning, but it shows you that even one of the greatest ever struggled in his rookie season. Heck, Peyton struggled significantly in his fourth season!

Luck had two awful road losses in NY and Chicago which ding his stats significantly. Those two games account for 1/3 of his total games played. And he of course didn't look that good in the second half of last week. But he led impressive game winning drives against Green Bay and Minnesota, who are both good teams. He led what should have been a game winning drive against Jacksonville. And we're 3-3 with him. I miss Peyton too, but I really don't think that the Luck era could have started off any better than it has.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-23-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Banned
    Mood

It's important to note that Luck has no running game right now. Teams know that we have to throw the ball a lot. That's not exactly a desirable position for a rookie QB to be in. Peyton had Marshall Faulk in his rookie year and then Edgerrin James for the next 7. RGIII has that Alfred Morris who has looked very sharp. Luck doesn't have anything close to what Manning and RGIII had in their rookie seasons.

Olblu, you harp on Luck's stats, yet imply that Tannehill has looked better? He has 4 TDs 6 picks and a 76.5 rating. Luck has 7/7 and a 72.3

Luck is about what you'd expect of a rookie on a mediocre team with no running game. He is about exactly where Manning was as a rookie. That in no way shape or form is met to imply that he'll be as great as Manning, but it shows you that even one of the greatest ever struggled in his rookie season. Heck, Peyton struggled significantly in his fourth season!

Luck had two awful road losses in NY and Chicago which ding his stats significantly. Those two games account for 1/3 of his total games played. And he of course didn't look that good in the second half of last week. But he led impressive game winning drives against Green Bay and Minnesota, who are both good teams. He led what should have been a game winning drive against Jacksonville. And we're 3-3 with him. I miss Peyton too, but I really don't think that the Luck era could have started off any better than it has.
    But Miami is also 3-3. Tannehill may have shortcomings but he rated ahead of Luck....

Here, I'll save him the time and response:

I don't care about that blah blah blah completion percentage blah blah blah blah QB rating 31 blah blah blah gifts from Green Bay and Minnesota blah blah blah weakest division blah blah blah RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 RG3 superstar superstar superstar blah blah blah.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post: