Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 417

Thread: Browns-Colts thread

  1. #251
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    You're still really sticking to the arm strength argument huh? Even though Luck's biggest defect right now is probably that he over throws receivers too often? More power to ya I guess, you're certainly committed to that angle at this point.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #252

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think i have figured out olblu's strategy.

    spray and pray. make enough random statements and hope one is actually correct.
    Im shocked he even has a strategy

  3. #253

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im shocked he even has a strategy
    His strategy is simply to bring attention to himself. The content of his chatter doesn't matter.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:


  5. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The NFC North and West are both better than the East. I think the AFC north can also make an argument on any given Sunday. The Eagles are in shambles right now they can't hang onto the football, the Cowboys have been the most inconsistent team in football for a decade.
    The NFC West has the 49ers, Seattle, St. Louis and Arizona. I don't see them as being stronger than the NFC East and I think that will be clear by the end of the season. They Cowboys are a threat to win any week and I don't think Philly is as bad as you say.

    The AFC North has the Steelers (mediocre this year), the Ravens who may not even finish at .500, Cleveland (you can see what they are) and the best team there might be Cincy. I think the NFC east would hammer these four teams. The NFC North that has lost two games to the miserable Colts this year? No. Not even close....

  6. #255
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    You keep making predictions like they mean something. Your predictions are meaningless to me at this point based on your history. The Eagles just fired a coordinator. The Cowboys a threat to win week in and week out? Really? Romo is more likely to be a threat to be benched week in and week out.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You keep making predictions like they mean something. Your predictions are meaningless to me at this point based on your history. The Eagles just fired a coordinator. The Cowboys a threat to win week in and week out? Really? Romo is more likely to be a threat to be benched week in and week out.
    I usually respect what you have to say but when you say things like Romo is going to be benched every week, you lose some of that so the rest of what you say is meaningless to me. So the Eagles fired a coordinator? Wasn't the first and won't be the last.....

  8. #257
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    You are aware that Romo has already been benched this season correct?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are aware that Romo has already been benched this season correct?
    So what? Luck will never come close to being the player Romo is..... He is not the problem in Dallas.....

  10. #259

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what? Luck will never come close to being the player Romo is..... He is not the problem in Dallas.....
    Romo is in his 8th season and has more interceptions than the rookie Luck. Go ahead and spin this one, I'll just laugh at your old age and inability to think logically.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:


  12. #260
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    19
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Not surprisingly they didn't show the game out here in Colorado and anything I saw came from the Red Zone channel. The game looked like one of those whoever-has-the-ball-last-wins games early but then things seemed to slow down. What happened in the second half? Did the defenses buckle down or did the offenses fail to execute? Did the Colts get ultra conservative on offense as they tried to hang onto their lead, or did they keep it (near) 50-50 on pass-rush plays?

  13. #261
    THE WITCH IS DEAD!!! Coopdog23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Da Bank
    Posts
    2,825

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what? Luck will never come close to being the player Romo is..... He is not the problem in Dallas.....
    Luck is already better than Romo is
    "We want Miami"

  14. #262
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Luck was better in high school than Romo is now.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  16. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Romo is in his 8th season and has more interceptions than the rookie Luck. Go ahead and spin this one, I'll just laugh at your old age and inability to think logically.
    Oh, yeah? Coming into this week, Romo was rated 19th in the NFL. Luck was ranked 30th. That will be a bigger spread after today. Luck was 74 and Romo was 98. Romo has 8 TD and 9 INT. Luck is 7 and 7. Want to bet how that ends the season? Tony Romo is a star. Luck is merely a lousy QB....... and the stats prove it...

  17. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck was better in high school than Romo is now.

    Luck in his entire life has never been as good at Tony Romo is. Good luck with all of that. You are talking about the 30th rated QB in the League and he will be even lower this coming week because Weeden is going to pass him. Spin it any way you want but so far, Luck is a complete bust.... He is now the fifth rated rookie QB in the NFL..... He may eventually be a QB but he isn't even close to being one right now...

  18. #265
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,950

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck in his entire life has never been as good at Tony Romo is. Good luck with all of that. You are talking about the 30th rated QB in the League and he will be even lower this coming week because Weeden is going to pass him. Spin it any way you want but so far, Luck is a complete bust.... He is now the fifth rated rookie QB in the NFL..... He may eventually be a QB but he isn't even close to being one right now...
    By the end of this year Andrew Luck will be eating Romo's lunch on a weekly basis. And calling Luck a complete bust is beyond ridiculous. Peyton Manning had a horrendous rookie season and Luck has already matched his total wins in just 6 games. You are so petty.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  19. #266
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Tony Romo....is....a....star? Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. I just peed a little.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  21. #267
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    You're so cute OlBlu.

  22. #268
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,520

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Thank heavens we were playing the Browns today. Otherwise, we very likely lose that one. I honestly thought Wheeden threw it better than Luck today. But, a win is a win! Glad my prediction was wrong. Pass rush is nonexistent.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  24. #269
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,862

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank heavens we were playing the Browns today. Otherwise, we very likely lose that one. I honestly thought Wheeden threw it better than Luck today. But, a win is a win! Glad my prediction was wrong. Pass rush is nonexistent.
    He absolutely did. Weeden had all day to throw and the guy was making some really nice passes--only really forced that one pass that our guys ran into each other on before either could intercept it. Otherwise, good decisions, a very nice deep ball, and he really doesn't have any dynamic weapons at his disposal. Today, he was better than Luck.

  25. #270
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,101
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Does anyone want to take a wild guess how many times the "star" Romo has been in the top 10 in any of the 5 major passing categories during his 8 year career? So 40 chances to get into the top 10 in completions, yards, td's, rating, and %? Anyone?

  26. #271
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,147

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Weeden did look good today. He's also getting much more time to throw than Luck. Our pass rush was pitiful. Luck is on the run 90% of every game this season. He's doing an admirable job getting away but that is not a recipe for success for many QBs. However even in the face of that Luck is having one of the best rookie seasons ever and that cannot be changed.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  28. #272

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Luck a bust???????????? come on now Ol'blue you even know that is not true, who expected the Colts to be 3-3? no one did, including you, so if Luck is some huge bust how are they 3-3, a great defense? no. good running game? no. great O-line? no. Luck has been great this season and you know it

  29. #273

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So what? Luck will never come close to being the player Romo is..... He is not the problem in Dallas.....
    What a deft move. Instead of acknowledging that your star Romo was benched already this season you turn it around to suggest that the #1 pick in the NFL draft is worse than a player who is not only not a star but has already been benched once this season and likely will be benched again. Absolutely no credit to a kid who has almost single handedly been responsible for three wins.

    You must have taken that college course called keep throwing out ******** because it will distract some people.
    Last edited by speakout4; 10-21-2012 at 09:05 PM.

  30. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the end of this year Andrew Luck will be eating Romo's lunch on a weekly basis. And calling Luck a complete bust is beyond ridiculous. Peyton Manning had a horrendous rookie season and Luck has already matched his total wins in just 6 games. You are so petty.
    You don't know what you are talking about. Peyton had one of the great rookie seasons in NFL history. He threw for 3739 yards and 26 TDs. He did have 28 INTs.

    Luck is on pace to throw for 4464 yards but only 18 TDs with 18 INTs.

    Peyton was the first NFL rookie QB to throw for 3 TDs in a game against the 49ers. He set five NFL rookie records that year. If Luck has many more performances like today, he will not get that many yards. We will see how he adds up at the end of the season but Peyton was great in his first season no matter what you say. Andrew Luck is the 30th rated QB in the NFL and going lower. He isn't going to be eating anybody's lunch at the rate he is going. Romo in the next three years has enough talent on his team to go to a superbowl with some good fortune and some more good players added. Luck isn't going anywhere. So, it is not petty, what you say is simple absurd. So, Luck has won three games. That doesn't mean anything to me, he may or may not win any more. He might not even finish the season and come close to Peyton in any catagory. He could have a 5 INT game. When the season is over, then we will talk but do not tell me that a 30th rated passer in the NFL is doing anything at all. He is also throwing the ball much more than Peyton did and his completion percentage is just horrible......

  31. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a deft move. Instead of acknowledging that your star Romo was benched already this season you turn it around to suggest that the #1 pick in the NFL draft is worse than a player who is not only not a star but has already been benched once this season and likely will be benched again. Absolutely no credit to a kid who has almost single handedly been responsible for three wins.
    What? Reggie Wayne single handedly won one of those games and was making circus catches and bailing Luck out of bad throws all day long. Luck tried his best to give today's game to the Browns, they just wouldn't let him. Romo is rated far ahead of Luck now and he will be even more ahead by the end of the season. In case you haven't notice, Romo has been considered a star for many years. Luck isn't considered that by anyone outside of Indianapolis. Even Wilson wrote an article in the star about the 30th ranking. He may be going lower than that rather quickly. I don't see any growth here.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts vs. Browns
    By Trader Joe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
  2. heywoode's Colts cheerleader photo thread Colts-Chiefs 11/18/07
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
  3. ' D' does it again, Colts Top Browns 13-6
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
  4. Browns at Colts Game Thread - 9/25/05
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
  5. Guess The Score - Browns at Colts
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •