Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Browns-Colts thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

Proof? You're barking up the wrong tree.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regarding the "Irsay is a massive liar" thing:

Irsay said in January that the Colts were drafting a quarterback.

“With Griffin and Luck and the way it’s shaping up at the top of the draft — could very likely go one and two like with Peyton and Ryan Leaf,” Irsay said. “It’s most likely one of those quarterbacks that you really feel is the best player in the draft, and where we’re at moving forward you can’t pass that up. I don’t think anyone would expect that.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-is-healthy/

You always say that he lied to bait season ticket holders before releasing Manning. Well, he made it pretty clear all the way back in January that he was going to use the pick on a quarterback. You would have had to be pretty blind, IMHO, to have not at the very least acknowledged at that point that there was a decent chance that Manning wasn't coming back. Manning is not in the business of mentoring hyped number 1 draft pick quarterbacks who want his job sooner rather than later. In his world, a backup QB is some scrub who stands on the sideline with a hat and headset, and occasionally engages Manning in some chatter. It's not a hyped prospect who commands snaps in practice and tutoring from Manning. Once Irsay cleaned house with the Polians and the Caldwell and followed that up with the announcement that he was drafting a QB, Manning's days were numbered.

If someone renewed their tickets thinking that Manning was definitely coming back, then it's on them for not acknowledging that all major signs pointed to Manning's departure. I always held out hope to the very end that something could be worked out at the last minute, but I always tried to be honest with myself and acknowledge that the signs were pointing to a departure.

So tell me, how is Irsay a liar? I need proof.
    I did not hold out that hope even though things were said like we could keep Manning and the number one pick. I knew he was lying and I did not renew the season tickets I have paid for me and my brother's family to use for many years... They call at least once or twice per month to ask me to sign back up. I ask how is Irsay's health and when they say "fine", I say "no deal."

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I did not hold out that hope even though things were said like we could keep Manning and the number one pick. I knew he was lying and I did not renew the season tickets I have paid for me and my brother's family to use for many years... They call at least once or twice per month to ask me to sign back up. I ask how is Irsay's health and when they say "fine", I say "no deal."

You're continuing to ignore my simple request for concrete proof that he lied. If he really did lie, then a simple google search should be able to provide you with the appropriate link in a matter of seconds. I'm not asking for much here. You're very confident when you call him a liar, so I would think this would be a fairly easy request.

Just give me a link. One link. That's all.

Or are you just calling him a liar because you have a deep dislike for him?

How bitter can you be to want another man to die. Baffles me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

OlBlu your opinion about Luck is born in hate and dislike for Irsay. That's how everyone views your opinion about Luck --- they don't take it serious. Because your opinion is extremely biased, and therefore not a genuine, unbiased opinion. It's funny that you claim all of our thoughts are muddled and clouded to be mindless rah-rah Colts fans, when it's actually your mind that is clouded by hate and dislike for Irsay, which inexplicably trickles down to Luck for no logical reason.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

A TV show that's "informative" but not entertainment. Because people watch TV only to be informed but not entertained. lmao

I once heard someone refer to his brother as "fat, but fast." This just keeps getting better and better!

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    You're continuing to ignore my simple request for concrete proof that he lied. If he really did lie, then a simple google search should be able to provide you with the appropriate link in a matter of seconds. I'm not asking for much here. You're very confident when you call him a liar, so I would think this would be a fairly easy request.

Just give me a link. One link. That's all.

Or are you just calling him a liar because you have a deep dislike for him?
    You're asking a serial liar to provide proof that someone else is a liar. This is a guy who gets on here saying that Total QBR doesn't punish for completion percentage or sacks like he is some kind of expert even though both couldn't be any further from the truth. When he is presented with the truth of how the stat is actually calculated he ignores it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    You're asking a serial liar to provide proof that someone else is a liar. This is a guy who gets on here saying that Total QBR doesn't punish for completion percentage or sacks like he is some kind of expert even though both couldn't be any further from the truth. When he is presented with the truth of how the stat is actually calculated he ignores it.
    I do not lie. I might be wrong but I don't lie..... Yes, I did ignore it because it isn't the stat that every stat sight uses.... All of the reporters and announcers use the classic QB rating stat that I have ever heard (now, if you have heard one of them use it, you will say this is a lie but it isn't because I haven't heard anyone use it but a few people here who try to make Luck look good.)

We will know in a couple of years. I am a gambling man occasionally and I know which way I would bet.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by LuckSwagger View Post
    A TV show that's "informative" but not entertainment. Because people watch TV only to be informed but not entertained. lmao

I once heard someone refer to his brother as "fat, but fast." This just keeps getting better and better!
    Perhaps I didn't say it well. The show I produce is a commercial endeavor and it is not designed to entertain the watcher but to inform him of options, techniques and price points. If you find that entertaining, well, I am delighted. I think 2 1/2 men is entertaining but not informative. I think the evening news for the most point is informative but not so much entertainment (although it has certainly moved that way since my youth)....... Wasn't Charles Barkely "fat" but "fast"? How about the "Fridge".....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    OlBlu your opinion about Luck is born in hate and dislike for Irsay. That's how everyone views your opinion about Luck --- they don't take it serious. Because your opinion is extremely biased, and therefore not a genuine, unbiased opinion. It's funny that you claim all of our thoughts are muddled and clouded to be mindless rah-rah Colts fans, when it's actually your mind that is clouded by hate and dislike for Irsay, which inexplicably trickles down to Luck for no logical reason.
    I have never claimed anything different. It trickles down to Luck for a very good reason. It is being a Super Star in Denver right now.... But, even if didn't hate Irsay and not care for Luck, I would look at those stats and say, "that guy isn't what we were sold on him being.". The rest of the NFL has already decided that. Die hard Indy fans will catch up in a year or two....

This thread is now very interesting.... now I wonder if OB can get us a discount on a juicer or a steak knife?
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

The Colts are 3-3 right now and would be 4-2 if not for a blown coverage. Coming off of 2-14 that's pretty good. With last year's QB's we'd probably be 0-6.

I care about that a lot more than stats. Although it's going to be fun when Luck passes Manning's rookie yards total with 2 games still to go and has nearly doubled him in rookie wins.

Sounds like OB makes his living by slinging crap to unsuspecting TV shoppers.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This thread is now very interesting.... now I wonder if OB can get us a discount on a juicer or a steak knife?
    Not that kind of shows..... You guys are a hoot....

Banned
    Mood

Sounds like OB makes his living by slinging crap to unsuspecting TV shoppers.
    No, nothing we feature is for sale to TV shoppers at all. It is more like a buyers guide for what to look for in a good quality construction and what to be beware of....

So OlBlu travels around making video of the home improvement folks. Quit being so cheap and get us some free HGTV stuff then.

P.S. to my fellow Colt fans I'm just messing around since this thread has already used its life anyway.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Irsay Lied
    Manning's Colt Career Died
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No, nothing we feature is for sale to TV shoppers at all. It is more like a buyers guide for what to look for in a good quality construction and what to be beware of....
    Do you produce This Old House?

Hmmmm... Haiku style?

Irsay lies
    Manning's Colt career dies
    Ol Blu tells us so

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Irsay Lied
    Manning's Colt Career Died
    It looks like OlBlu is ignoring my 4th or 5th request to produce a simple link that proves Irsay lied. I think OlBlu knows deep down that Irsay made no such statement.

This surprises you why?

You have been exceedingly patient with him, but this is a guy who has made multiple comments about how he is just waiting on Irsay to die. I would love to know what purpose those comments serve to actually further the discussion. They are distasteful and uncalled for and only exist to draw an emotional reaction. (There is a word for this in internet world)

And heck, I'm not even the biggest Irsay fan, but even I am glad I didn't have to make the Manning call and I think Irsay was as honest and as up front as he could be about it.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Do you produce This Old House?
    It's a knock off version... "This Old Horse"

------

-John Wooden

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

This surprises you why?

You have been exceedingly patient with him, but this is a guy who has made multiple comments about how he is just waiting on Irsay to die. I would love to know what purpose those comments serve to actually further the discussion. They are distasteful and uncalled for and only exist to draw an emotional reaction. (There is a word for this in internet world)

And heck, I'm not even the biggest Irsay fan, but even I am glad I didn't have to make the Manning call and I think Irsay was as honest and as up front as he could be about it.
    Would you like to discuss some ocean front property in Arizona??? Honest and up front are not words that should be used when discussing Irsay in my opinion. Once again, I am not a fan of Irsay, I don't want to see anyone die. I just said it is a race to see which one of us goes first. I am older but I don't drink our use drugs. I do have type II diabetes so that is a point in his favor. I just don't intend to be a season ticket owner again as long as he owns the team and I would root for someone, anyone, to buy him out..... You are an Irsay accolyte and that is OK with me. I just don't have any use for the man. He isn't alone, I have a few others if you are interested..... Jerry Jones, for instance.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    It's a knock off version... "This Old Horse"
    That would be Irsay.....

I am an Irsay acolyte? Good Lord, I don't think anyone would ever describe me like that. I have been chastized on here before by taking some pretty strong stances on Mr. Irsay.