Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 417

Thread: Browns-Colts thread

  1. #276

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know what you are talking about. Peyton had one of the great rookie seasons in NFL history. He threw for 3739 yards and 26 TDs. He did have 28 INTs.

    Luck is on pace to throw for 4464 yards but only 18 TDs with 18 INTs.

    Peyton was the first NFL rookie QB to throw for 3 TDs in a game against the 49ers. He set five NFL rookie records that year. If Luck has many more performances like today, he will not get that many yards. We will see how he adds up at the end of the season but Peyton was great in his first season no matter what you say. Andrew Luck is the 30th rated QB in the NFL and going lower. He isn't going to be eating anybody's lunch at the rate he is going. Romo in the next three years has enough talent on his team to go to a superbowl with some good fortune and some more good players added. Luck isn't going anywhere. So, it is not petty, what you say is simple absurd. So, Luck has won three games. That doesn't mean anything to me, he may or may not win any more. He might not even finish the season and come close to Peyton in any catagory. He could have a 5 INT game. When the season is over, then we will talk but do not tell me that a 30th rated passer in the NFL is doing anything at all. He is also throwing the ball much more than Peyton did and his completion percentage is just horrible......
    You're correct a guy who can get 4464 yards rookie season is probably the worst QB in the NFL. On what planet does that logic work?

  2. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck a bust???????????? come on now Ol'blue you even know that is not true, who expected the Colts to be 3-3? no one did, including you, so if Luck is some huge bust how are they 3-3, a great defense? no. good running game? no. great O-line? no. Luck has been great this season and you know it
    Luck has not been great. A good QB like Peyton Manning would have this team at 5-1 or 4-2. Luck is rated 30th out of all passers in the NFL. How is that great? He only has 7 TD passes after six games and 7 INTs to go with that. He has been sacked and beaten around. The only good stat he has is yards per game and that is because he is chucking the ball at a near record rate. You should get 300 yards when you throw 50 times. There are four rookie QBs rated above him and Weeden may pass him this week and certainly outplayed him today. I don't know what you are drinking but this guy isn't living up to the hype at all and he probably won't......

  3. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're correct a guy who can get 4464 yards rookie season is probably the worst QB in the NFL. On what planet does that logic work?
    Throw 50+ times most game and you will get some yardage even with his absurd 53% completion rate. No other team in the NFL would even let him play passing that badly..... He won't get get 4464 yards. A few more 186 yd games will take care of that.....

  4. #279

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Throw 50+ times most game and you will get some yardage even with his absurd 53% completion rate. No other team in the NFL would even let him play passing that badly..... He won't get get 4464 yards. A few more 186 yd games will take care of that.....
    He has no reliable receivers other than Reggie so he ran for 2 TDs and won the game. That is the goal to win the game or is it to rack up stats?
    Last edited by speakout4; 10-21-2012 at 09:20 PM.

  5. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weeden did look good today. He's also getting much more time to throw than Luck. Our pass rush was pitiful. Luck is on the run 90% of every game this season. He's doing an admirable job getting away but that is not a recipe for success for many QBs. However even in the face of that Luck is having one of the best rookie seasons ever and that cannot be changed.
    He is not having a great rookie season. His only great stat is total yards and that is because he is virtually allowed to throw whenever he wants to. 53% completion rate is TERRIBLE. He is only rated 5th in his own rookie class of QBs after today. You can make all of the excuses you want for him but he is not playing well. 7 TD in seven games is not overpowering and way behind what Peyton did.....

  6. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone want to take a wild guess how many times the "star" Romo has been in the top 10 in any of the 5 major passing categories during his 8 year career? So 40 chances to get into the top 10 in completions, yards, td's, rating, and %? Anyone?
    Does anyone want to guess if Luck will get in the top ten on anything in his first eight years. My guess is "no", he won't ........

  7. #282
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,024

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know what you are talking about. Peyton had one of the great rookie seasons in NFL history. He threw for 3739 yards and 26 TDs. He did have 28 INTs.

    Luck is on pace to throw for 4464 yards but only 18 TDs with 18 INTs.

    Peyton was the first NFL rookie QB to throw for 3 TDs in a game against the 49ers. He set five NFL rookie records that year. If Luck has many more performances like today, he will not get that many yards. We will see how he adds up at the end of the season but Peyton was great in his first season no matter what you say. Andrew Luck is the 30th rated QB in the NFL and going lower. He isn't going to be eating anybody's lunch at the rate he is going. Romo in the next three years has enough talent on his team to go to a superbowl with some good fortune and some more good players added. Luck isn't going anywhere. So, it is not petty, what you say is simple absurd. So, Luck has won three games. That doesn't mean anything to me, he may or may not win any more. He might not even finish the season and come close to Peyton in any catagory. He could have a 5 INT game. When the season is over, then we will talk but do not tell me that a 30th rated passer in the NFL is doing anything at all. He is also throwing the ball much more than Peyton did and his completion percentage is just horrible......
    Woops, you conveniently left out rushing TDs for Luck.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  8. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woops, you conveniently left out rushing TDs for Luck.
    No "whoops", they aren't listed with passing stats... Not enough to make up for his 53% passing percentage and being 30 out of 32 QBs in QB rating.... Let me tell you, that is bad, very bad and I expect it to get worse as the season goes along.....

  9. #284
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    You love to rag on Luck's completion percentage. You do realize Peyton threw 56% in his rookie year, right? Not much different than Luck. Also Luck is averaging 41 attempts per game, and Peyton threw 36 per game. Not much of a difference but, you keep claiming it's some huge gap. Luck is also averaging more yards per attempt than Peyton did in his rookie year. Peyton's rookie year QB rating was 71.2 as well. If Peyton had some astounding and amazing rookie year, Luck is exactly in the same category.

    Your arguments make no sense. Luck is exactly where Peyton was in his rookie year but I bet you didn't think he was going to be horrible. Neither is Luck going to be, as he isn't horrible now.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  11. #285
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Woops, you conveniently left out rushing TDs for Luck.
    Not surprising. He routinely leaves out facts that don't fit his rant.

  12. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not surprising. He routinely leaves out facts that don't fit his rant.
    As far as I can see he has those two today. Donald Brown has the only other rushing TD for the Colts. RGIII has six... Wanna talk some more about this?

  13. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You love to rag on Luck's completion percentage. You do realize Peyton threw 56% in his rookie year, right? Not much different than Luck. Also Luck is averaging 41 attempts per game, and Peyton threw 36 per game. Not much of a difference but, you keep claiming it's some huge gap. Luck is also averaging more yards per attempt than Peyton did in his rookie year. Peyton's rookie year QB rating was 71.2 as well. If Peyton had some astounding and amazing rookie year, Luck is exactly in the same category.

    Your arguments make no sense. Luck is exactly where Peyton was in his rookie year but I bet you didn't think he was going to be horrible. Neither is Luck going to be, as he isn't horrible now.
    Three or four percent is a big deal. How about those 7 passing TDs after six games. He isn't going to approach Peyton's 26. He may wind up with less interceptions but we will have to see. Five attempts difference in a game is also a big deal over the entire season. That is 80 passes at the current rate and I count that as significant. Luck is online to make 18 TD passes. I call 8 TD passes on the season a big difference and Luck's curve is going down after today's game. He may not come close to anything Peyton did. He may not even play all 16 games, we will have to see. He is taking lots of punishment and some teams he is going to be facing are going to deal out a lot more to him. The Texans will have lots of shots at him.....

  14. #288
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    If it wasn't for a defensive breakdown Luck would have this team at 4-2.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

    RWB

  16. #289
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Honestly, this discussion seems silly. Regardless of what you think about how great or not great the guy's gonna be, if you look at it objectively it's pretty easy to tell that at the very worst Luck will be an average starting qb in this league. He has no time to throw. Despite having 2 speedsters running around out there, freakishly athletic Fleener, and wily Reggie Wayne Luck's LONGEST pass of the year is shorter than basically every other starting qb. So he is stuck throwing to guys on 5-15 yard routes as the defense tees off on him. Appreciate the wins, acknowledge that even great qbs have those games that at the end they have to say "it wasn't pretty, but I'll take it.

    And Ol Blu, if you are right about Luck, you may as well root for a different team. If Luck is a flop, this team will lose the competitive edge it is still holding on to from the last 15 years and we will be stuck for another 5 or so before we can even retool again. How fun can it possibly be to be a fan of a team where you agree with literally none of the front office moves they make?

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  18. #290
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    It has nothing to do with the front office moves. It's all about returning attention to himself. He doesn't love Peyton. He doesn't hate Luck. He's only saying whatever he thinks is the most controversial viewpoint in order to direct the discussion and the attention where he wants it. If the Colts drafted RGIII, he'd be praising Luck playing for the Skins and bashing RGIII. That's it.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  20. #291
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,340

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three or four percent is a big deal. How about those 7 passing TDs after six games. He isn't going to approach Peyton's 26. He may wind up with less interceptions but we will have to see. Five attempts difference in a game is also a big deal over the entire season. That is 80 passes at the current rate and I count that as significant. Luck is online to make 18 TD passes. I call 8 TD passes on the season a big difference and Luck's curve is going down after today's game. He may not come close to anything Peyton did. He may not even play all 16 games, we will have to see. He is taking lots of punishment and some teams he is going to be facing are going to deal out a lot more to him. The Texans will have lots of shots at him.....
    Good grief, you're so full of wrong:

    - Luck can't equal Mannings touchdowns? Through 6 games, Luck has 7 passing touchdowns to Mannings 6; Luck has 4 rushing touchdowns to Mannings ZERO; Luck has 7 interceptions to Mannings FOURTEEN; and they have an almost identical passing percentage. Luck also has 3 wins to Mannings ONE. And he's already running a no huddle.

    And all with a worse team and worse cap situation, a whole new organization and a coach who is out with leukemia.

    Nice to know you have "facts" to back up your crazy claims.

    Seriously. How can you be so consistently wrong? Luck is destroying Manning so far, across the board, any way you look at it. Manning even had Marshall Faulk his rookie season --- does Andrew Luck have Marshall Freakin' Faulk? No, he's got Donald Brown and a rookie.

    You're blind, dude. Mentally, you just refuse to recognize Luck at all. Just because you refuse to recognize it doesn't make it reality.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  22. #292
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    So that's the best argument you got? He may not get there?

    Good to know he's so horrible because he ... "may not get there". Not that he isn't playing well enough to get there currently. Are we really shocked at Luck throwing more than Peyton as a rookie when Marshall Faulk was around to get the ball? That also means Peyton had Marshall Faulk to throw too. Besides that, the attempts don't matter when trying to claim Luck is only throwing for as many yards because of how many attempts he's getting when he's averaging more yards per attempt. Peyton only had 6 total TD's after 6 games. Luck has 10.

    So either they were both horrible, or neither are horrible. You make zero sense, as usual.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  24. #293
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,192
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So that's the best argument you got? He may not get there?
    Yeah, especially as Kid pointed out that Luck, after 6 games is ahead of Peyton's first 6 games in every category.

    I'll not stand here and be confronted by the truth!

  25. #294

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    The dude hates Luck and will make any sort of ridiculous argument to fit his premise even when it makes no sense whatsoever. He has no desire to listen to any of us and there's no point in convincing him either.

    I think our offense stagnated again in the second half, and I'm really disturbed that we aren't running the no huddle more often. I don't understand why we aren't doing this, b/c Luck has shown that he's really freaking good at running it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  26. #295
    Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,341

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    do you guys think Vick Ballard should get a fair shot at the starting job with Donald?

  27. #296
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    19,878

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Right now... in this team's progression.... I don't necessarily have a problem with the team going conservative to protect a lead. The team isn't winning the SB this season and learning how to get the tough yards, not relying on a throw every time, will pay future dividends. Obviously it takes talent too, but it also takes a mindset of the entire team "We got the ball, we got the lead, and the clock isn't your friend as we pound it down your throat when we need to".
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  29. #297
    Member aamcguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    West Lafayette
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right now... in this team's progression.... I don't necessarily have a problem with the team going conservative to protect a lead. The team isn't winning the SB this season and learning how to get the tough yards, not relying on a throw every time, will pay future dividends. Obviously it takes talent too, but it also takes a mindset of the entire team "We got the ball, we got the lead, and the clock isn't your friend as we pound it down your throat when we need to".
    I think this is part of the reason why we hired Pagano as our coach. Of course you want a qb you can always rely on, but you don't want to have to all the time. It's nice to have the running game there when you need it to take pressure off of your defense and help close out games. It gives you a little space to make mistakes, something that will come in handy now that we don't have #18 back there managing the game.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to aamcguy For This Useful Post:


  31. #298

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good grief, you're so full of wrong:

    - Luck can't equal Mannings touchdowns? Through 6 games, Luck has 7 passing touchdowns to Mannings 6; Luck has 4 rushing touchdowns to Mannings ZERO; Luck has 7 interceptions to Mannings FOURTEEN; and they have an almost identical passing percentage. Luck also has 3 wins to Mannings ONE. And he's already running a no huddle.
    ~BOOM~


  32. #299

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three or four percent is a big deal. How about those 7 passing TDs after six games. He isn't going to approach Peyton's 26. He may wind up with less interceptions but we will have to see. Five attempts difference in a game is also a big deal over the entire season. That is 80 passes at the current rate and I count that as significant. Luck is online to make 18 TD passes. I call 8 TD passes on the season a big difference and Luck's curve is going down after today's game. He may not come close to anything Peyton did. He may not even play all 16 games, we will have to see. He is taking lots of punishment and some teams he is going to be facing are going to deal out a lot more to him. The Texans will have lots of shots at him.....
    There's probably an attempt difference because Luck is handing off to Vic Ballard and Donald Brown. Where as Peyton was handing off to Marshall Faulk... Lets not mention that tho i guess.

  33. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Browns-Colts thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's probably an attempt difference because Luck is handing off to Vic Ballard and Donald Brown. Where as Peyton was handing off to Marshall Faulk... Lets not mention that tho i guess.
    I have said many times that the Colts that Manning came to were much better than the Colts Luck has to work with. But, in my mind, that is just another reason not to draft a potential franchise QB at that time when you have nothing around him an no protections. Teams have done that before with David Carr and Tim Couch and it ruined good young QBs. And don't tell me they had no talent. They were number one picks when they had to pay a load of money to the player immediately. Yes, the Colts have won three games but Luck, in general, has been very mediocre. He isn't nearly the best QB in his his rookie class. He is having to hurry to stay in the top five.....

Similar Threads

  1. Colts vs. Browns
    By Trader Joe in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 04:13 PM
  2. heywoode's Colts cheerleader photo thread Colts-Chiefs 11/18/07
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
  3. ' D' does it again, Colts Top Browns 13-6
    By Frank Slade in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2005, 11:58 AM
  4. Browns at Colts Game Thread - 9/25/05
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 11:01 PM
  5. Guess The Score - Browns at Colts
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-25-2005, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •