Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63

Thread: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

  1. #1
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,440

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=31364726

    10. Batum
    9. Wallace
    8. Gallinari
    7. Granger
    6. Gay
    5. Deng
    4. Pierce
    3. Anthony
    2. Durant
    1. James

    There's not way Danny should be in the Top 10 and its not even close

  2. #2
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    I see what you did there! Hehe!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=31364726

    10. Batum
    9. Wallace
    8. Gallinari
    7. Granger
    6. Gay
    5. Deng
    4. Pierce
    3. Anthony
    2. Durant
    1. James

    There's not way Danny should be in the Top 10 and its not even close
    Why? If he isn't in the top ten, he has to be very close....

  4. #4
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    I wouldn't put 8-10 ahead of him, either. I'm actually pretty much fine with this.

    Is this the most stacked position in basketball? The top 3 have to be top 5 in all of the NBA, right?


    EDIT: I know the Anthony one will probably cause a ruckus, but he's the best pure scorer in the league, despite his other issues. However, I'm thinking maybe a better statement would have been "The top 2 are top 3 in all of the NBA".

  5. #5
    Member LoneGranger33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,697

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this the most stacked position in basketball? The top 3 have to be top 5 in all of the NBA, right?
    Without looking into it any, I'd guess the point guard spot is the deepest in the league.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,583
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without looking into it any, I'd guess the point guard spot is the deepest in the league.
    Yeah, I'd agree "deepest", but I'd still think the SF position probably has 3 of the top 5-10 players in the entire league.

    PG's, you have (Off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll miss someone):

    Rondo
    CP3
    D-Will
    Nash
    Rose
    Westbrook
    Parker

    I don't put any of them ahead of Lebron/Durant, and only Rose and CP3 ahead of Melo. On the flip side, there isn't a center I'd put in the top 5.

    I'd probably rank the top 5 players in the league as:
    1. Lebron
    2. Durant
    3. Rose (Saw how much that team sucked without him, and we'll see again)
    4. CP3
    5. Melo

    Right after Melo I'd put Kobe, Howard, D-Will and so on.

    So, I'd put 3 SF's in the top 5, and 2 PG's. Clearly, the 1 and 3 have more elite players than the 2, 4, and 5.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Ugh. Can't stand seeing Carmelo anywhere near a top 5 ranking in the NBA. Everyone nags about Grangers shot selection and shooting percentages, but he scores more points per shot than Carmelo, with literally half of the FT attempts.

    Derrick Rose is a huge question mark to be honest. He relies on athletic ability more than most. He can't shoot, and isn't a great disributor or court general so if he comes back and has lost anything athletically it's going to be a huge loss to his game. If he can't threaten you with his ridiculous speed like in the past, he's in trouble of never being the same. Everything he gets is out of fear of his acrobatics and athletic ability.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  11. #8

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Is this the most stacked position in basketball? The top 3 have to be top 5 in all of the NBA, right?
    most talented at the top, but imo it's the 2nd worst in terms of depth, after SG.

    I agree with the list btw, more or less. the top 3 is easy. 4 is Pierce still, by a hair. And 5-7 can go in any order. After that, there's a gap.

  12. #9

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    So Melo>Dwight?..
    Melo might be top 5 in talent (among all players), but he's much lower in overall actual impact.

  13. #10
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,586

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    That list strikes me as not looking right, but I can't put my finger on who I'd take off the list or move significantly. I've never been a fan of Rudy Gay's game, so I guess I'd bump him down a little bit but it's hard to make a concrete argument for any of the guys below him.

  14. #11
    Member Eleazar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    I would move Deng below Granger and Gay other than that this is pretty accurate in my eyes.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,319

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    It's really kind of a shame that Melo's such a lazy bum. If you do nothing but watch him score it's seriously a joy, guy's got the full arsenal and probably the best feet in the league, has a nice throwback kind of offensive game.

  17. #13
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,560
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/lists/T...photo=31364726

    10. Batum
    9. Wallace
    8. Gallinari
    7. Granger
    6. Gay
    5. Deng
    4. Pierce
    3. Anthony
    2. Durant
    1. James

    There's not way Danny should be in the Top 10 and its not even close
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see what you did there! Hehe!


    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  18. #14
    thx4tehmRys Danny! daschysta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Geist, Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,953
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Granger had such a rough start to the year that this is fair. If Granger plays like he did post all star break more than like he did pre-all-star break Granger will be fourth on this list next year. Well, depends on if Pierce's game takes another slide. Granger at his best is better than Deng, Iggy and Gay though. Iggy has become quite overrated recently, Deng is really good, but he elected not to have surgery, and that injury killed him last season, and Gay should be better, he has elite tools, but just doesn't put it all together, and doesn't really translate that talent into wins for his team, he's too much of a ball-stopper, and isn't so elite in that regard like Carmelo that it is is somewhat justified. Kobe swears by the treatment Danny got, and Frank seems to think Danny looks sharper than he did all of last year, so, we'll see. I'd really like to see Danny put together a consistent season playing like he did the final 33 last year. 17-18 ppg 6 rpg with the same defensive intensity he showed most of last season on 45-45/39-40/85-90 would be amazing, and it is completely within Danny's ability. He's still arguably our most important player, and his good play translates into wins more often than any other player on our team, plus he's very clutch, hopefully our team gives him a chance to hit some big shots in the playoffs in the years to come.

  19. #15
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,322

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Deng went from underrated to overrated. He isn't a top 5 SF. Same thing about Noah. If the Bulls have a top 5 SF and a top 5 center why are they going to suck without D.Rose?
    As for Gay, when you watch him play you see what type of amazing things he does on offense. But any Memphis fan would tell you the truth about him: He doesn't make his team better at all. He is a ball dominant scorer that needs many shots to be effective.
    Pierce is Pierce, he's for sure better than Deng, Gay and Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  21. #16

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deng went from underrated to overrated. He isn't a top 5 SF. Same thing about Noah. If the Bulls have a top 5 SF and a top 5 center why are they going to suck without D.Rose?
    As for Gay, when you watch him play you see what type of amazing things he does on offense. But any Memphis fan would tell you the truth about him: He doesn't make his team better at all. He is a ball dominant scorer that needs many shots to be effective.
    Pierce is Pierce, he's for sure better than Deng, Gay and Danny
    how do you know they'll suck?
    and what qualifies as sucking? they look like a 45 win team on paper, if main players stay healthy.

  22. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So Melo>Dwight?..
    Melo might be top 5 in talent (among all players), but he's much lower in overall actual impact.
    He does? Ask Coach K and the Olympic team about that......

  23. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Deng went from underrated to overrated. He isn't a top 5 SF. Same thing about Noah. If the Bulls have a top 5 SF and a top 5 center why are they going to suck without D.Rose?
    They didn't suck last year without Rose, they had the best record in the east by the way.

  24. #19
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    How is Luol Deng at 5? How?


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  25. #20
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,284
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They didn't suck last year without Rose, they had the best record in the east by the way.
    They didn't look too great vs Philly in the playoffs.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  26. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They didn't look too great vs Philly in the playoffs.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    I can't remember well but I'm pretty sure Noah was also out.

  27. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't remember well but I'm pretty sure Noah was also out.
    Yep I was right Noah was out for must of that series against Philly.


  28. #23
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,695

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep I was right Noah was out for must of that series against Philly.
    Yes, this was actually one of the topics of contention at the party. Where would the Bulls be in the East. They had a pretty wide range, a few of us (myself, Peck, Shags, Seth?) thought there would be a drop off, but they would still be very good without Rose. And then a few had them as the 8 seed, I think a couple even had them missing the playoffs?

    Anyway, the Bulls will still win a lot in the regular season. They play good D and have enough scoring to get by most nights as long as they don't lose somebody else. Of course Deng and Noah and Boozer have all had injury issues in the past 2 years so that isn't a certainty by any means.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  30. #24
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    The Bulls not only lost Rose this year, but they lost Asik, CJ Watson, Korver, and Brewer. That is the reason I do not see them being as good as they were last year without Rose.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:


  32. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: NBA Top Ten Small Forwards SI.com

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Bulls not only lost Rose this year, but they lost Asik, CJ Watson, Korver, and Brewer. That is the reason I do not see them being as good as they were last year without Rose.
    Yeah I guess we are gonna have to see how they do, I don't expect them to have the best record in the east but I expect them to be in the middle.

    I looks to me like they replaced Watson with Hinrich, Watson has always been underrated in my book,(I think he is equal to DC) but at the end of the day Chicago upgraded with Hinrich by having a better floor general and better defender.

    Asik to me was decent and there is not doubt that Brewer and Korver are going to be missed.

    By looking at their roster it looks like their starting unit is going to be Hinrich, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer and Noah.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-17-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Top 10 Young Small Forwards (< 26)
    By PacerGuy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-19-2008, 01:33 AM
  2. CBS SPORTSLINES TOP 20 SMALL FORWARDS
    By RON ARTEST in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
  3. 4 Small Forwards
    By BlueNGold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 02:06 PM
  4. NBADraft.net Draft Preview: Small Forwards
    By blanket in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 12:00 PM
  5. Ranking the games best small forwards
    By Gyron in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-22-2005, 12:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •