Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Here's my plea

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Here's my plea

This season? No. But no on is arguing that, but rather if they could win a SB in the next 3-4 seasons.

I guess I don't understand the reasoning in arguing for Manning if he isn't the difference in being a Super Bowl Contender. The chances of us getting another shot at a talented QB in the near future is slim to none, especially given that we wouldn't be getting a top pick again.

3-4 seasons? You think Manning will still be better than Luck in 3-4 seasons?

Hopefully Manning is still playing then but will definitely be on the downside of his career by that point.
    Last edited by Swingman; 10-21-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I don't understand the reasoning in arguing for Manning if he isn't the difference in being a Super Bowl Contender. The chances of us getting another shot at a talented QB in the near future is slim to none, especially given that we wouldn't be getting a top pick again.

3-4 seasons? You think Manning will still be better than Luck in 3-4 seasons?

Hopefully Manning is still playing then but will definitely be on the downside of his career by that point.
    I think Manning will be better than Luck for as long as he decides to play the game. John Elway was winning superbowls at the age Manning will be in three to four years and he certainly thinks Peyton can do the same and so do I. I am just not sold on Luck at all. I see a QB who is about a 50% passer with a terrible QB rating. I see three or four better rookie QBs than Luck this year. The one he played today outplayed him and will probably pass him in QB rating. There is always a good QB available. As many number one picks fail miserably as make it. I don't think Luck will fail but I don't see him every being a star who carry a team on his back. He tried every way he could to give this game today to the Browns just like he did the Vikings. I am not impressed. RGIII on the on the other hand, I'm very impressed with him. He can carry a team on his back. He can make everyone around him better and he almost beat the Super Bowl champions today. I see him so far ahead of Luck that Andy Pandy will never make up the difference. RGIII is a superstar right now and only people in Indianapolis deny it...... Seattle's rookie is also better, Tannehill in Miami is better and today, I think that Weeden showed that he is better right now than Andrew Luck.....

Which game so far this season would Peyton have won for us that Luck didn't? I really only see the Jax game as one that you could possibly make an argument for, in that sense that Peyton may have had us by more at the end.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Which game so far this season would Peyton have won for us that Luck didn't? I really only see the Jax game as one that you could possibly make an argument for, in that sense that Peyton may have had us by more at the end.
    You are kidding, right? I think Peyton has this team, even as it assembled at 5-1 or 4-2. I think the Jets game would have been totally different. They might not have won but I'll bet they would have had a chance... Only Chicago was not winnable by a Peyton Manning.....

I didn't know Peyton was going to play linebacker and slow down Shonn Greene. How many times did we see a Peyton Manning lead team get dominated by a rushing team?

EDIT: I think Peyton may have us at 4-2, not at 5-1. Luck has us at 3-3 and is 13 years younger than Peyton. So holy crap our rookie is so bad, he has the team at a record that is one whole game worse than I think one of the greatest of all time might have this team at.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    You are kidding, right? I think Peyton has this team, even as it assembled at 5-1 or 4-2. I think the Jets game would have been totally different. They might not have won but I'll bet they would have had a chance... Only Chicago was not winnable by a Peyton Manning.....
    But, you would have to remember that this team would be a lot better than it is right now if Peyton had stayed and all of those draft picks had come floating our way...... We might not have to waste two picks getting a tight end of they resigned Thame. I think that was a huge mistake in this draft that will haunt the Colts over the next two or three years......

I think you all would have been disappointed because I think even if we had kept Manning we would have kept that number 1 pick and drafted Khalil.

Banned
    Mood

I didn't know Peyton was going to play linebacker and slow down Shonn Greene. How many times did we see a Peyton Manning lead team get dominated by a rushing team?

EDIT: I think Peyton may have us at 4-2, not at 5-1. Luck has us at 3-3 and is 13 years younger than Peyton. So holy crap our rookie is so bad, he has the team at a record that is one whole game worse than I think one of the greatest of all time might have this team at.
    That spread will get bigger and bigger as this season goes on and over the coming years.... Somewhere along the line you have to quit deluding yourself that Luck is really the QB all the hype said he was. He isn't and he is never going to be that good. I know one rookie QB in that draft is a whole lot better than Luck and I think two others have the chance of being better. You wanted to "Suck for Luck", now get ready to "Suck with Luck" for years and years to come. This is now a poorly managed team that will make more drafting mistakes like those two tight ends I mentioned in another post..... I don't like it any better than you do but it is easy to see where we are headed and that is nowhere at a rapid pace..... When Peyton Manning came to the Colts, the Pats were already winning. Peyton is gone and the Pats, well, they are still winning and they will be for a long while to come. Why? Much better management is why. Give that evil genius credit, he can coach and he can pick players. He also doesn't think much of first round draft picks. He usually trades them for more middle round picks and he has been doing that and beating everyone in sight for years doing it.

Banned

Yeah I'm not sure about that, the Colts defense is putrid, even Peyton in his prime can't make this garbage team look good in my opinion, maybe one more win?

Note: remember that I also wanted to keep Peyton here.

Banned
    Mood

I think you all would have been disappointed because I think even if we had kept Manning we would have kept that number 1 pick and drafted Khalil.
    Then we would be a horribly managed team that deserves to lose. You take the boatload of picks and find a player you like in the middle of the first round. What do you think the evil genius would have done? I assure you he trades down and gets several starters with that pick.....

You are so funny. How much is it eating at your expert opinion that the Colts have already surpassed your win prediction for the whole season?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure about that, the Colts defense is putrid, even Peyton in his prime can't make this garbage team look good in my opinion, maybe one more win?

If he stays, we keep some of the folks we let go on defense (not Brackett) and we would have a better defense and we would have some rookie defensive players who would help. We would also still have a 4-3 defense with Freeney and Mathis playing where they should be. Part of the reason the defense is to bad is that we didn't have the personel to play the 3-4 and we won't for a few years.....

OlBlu's management plan for the Colts back in April could best be summed up as the "If" plan

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

If he stays, we keep some of the folks we let go on defense (not Brackett) and we would have a better defense and we would have some rookie defensive players who would help. We would also still have a 4-3 defense with Freeney and Mathis playing where they should be. Part of the reason the defense is to bad is that we didn't have the personel to play the 3-4 and we won't for a few years.....
    Keeping Freeny/Mathis playing were they should be means keeping the same coaching staff, no thank you.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 10-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    Mood

You are so funny. How much is it eating at your expert opinion that the Colts have already surpassed your win prediction for the whole season?
    Why, not at all. I root for them to win. So they have won three games. They might not win another one and they will still suck for years because there are so many holes to fill now. Good luck with free agency, it seems like that never works for anyone but that doesn't mean we won't try and fail at it. So what if they win six games this year. They still suck. Luck sucks big time and it will take years to get them back to respectabilty much less contention.... Luck will be a run of the mill QB, the defense still needs a complete rebuild and that won't happen in two or three years and there is nothing close to an offensive line. It didn't have to be that way. You all rooted for it to be that way and you will reap the losing for a big portion of the rest of your lives. It took 36 years for the Colts to get to a superbowl when Peyton finally took them there. Think about all of those QBs along the way. Luck won't make the difference. I have been watching him closely and he just isn't anything special and the stats say that or that he is nowhere close to average..... But you continue the mind games you are playing with yourself to convince you otherwise...... In three years, we will see who is right and Peyton will still be taking a team into the playoffs and perhaps deep into the playoffs....

"Luck sucks big time"

Banned
    Mood

Keeping Freeny/Mathis means keeping the same coaching staff, no thank you.
    You would keep that same staff as long as Peyton was here. But, even if you replaced the head coach, you can't just change the style of defense so quickly and think the people you already have can make that change... They can't and they won't.

Banned
    Mood

Keeping Freeny/Mathis means keeping the same coaching staff, no thank you.
    You play the defense that fits the players you have and that is a 4-3.... It doesn't have to be Tampa II but it wouldn't matter if it did. At least we would have constant pressure on the QB and we would have a decent secondary too. Besides, the current staff is terrible. They lost that Jacksonville game all by themselves and they tried their best to lose the Vikings game and today's game too...... I am not impressed with the current coaching staff at all and I think they will all be gone in three years or less.....

Banned
    Mood

"Luck sucks big time"
    If you are the 25th or 26th best QB in the NFL, you suck. Luck is exactly that and the stats and his play both say so....

Mood

George came into the league with Luck like hype
    As I told you before (and you ignored it then) that is simply not true. George was a 2nd rounder, at best, before workouts shot him up the board. Luck was the #1 pick two drafts in a row.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6924/index.htm

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

If you are the 25th or 26th best QB in the NFL, you suck. Luck is exactly that and the stats and his play both say :rolso....
    Statistically, Peyton Manning finished as the 23rd best QB in the NFL his rookie season. Guess he really sucks, huh.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go
    Last edited by Freddie fan; 10-21-2012 at 05:26 PM.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Freddie fan For This Useful Post:

The team last year was pretty much the same exact one from the year before. The only difference between an 11 game winning Colts team and a 2 game winner is Peyton. Last year proved that without a shadow of a doubt.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    Statistically, Peyton Manning finished as the 23rd best QB in the NFL his rookie season. Guess he really sucks, huh.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go
    At this point that means he was seven spots higher than Luck is right now.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    The team last year was pretty much the same exact one from the year before. The only difference between an 11 game winning Colts team and a 2 game winner is Peyton. Last year proved that without a shadow of a doubt.
    I'm talking about this year.