Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

Just. One. More!
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

http://www.wnba.com/live1.html

Reeve has absolutely nothing to say lol.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.wnba.com/live1.html

Reeve has absolutely nothing to say lol.
    She had NO IDEA what kind of crowd was coming out. She got PISSED at Area55 and G2Zone taking the old "Cheryl" chant directed at Reggie and directing at her all night long...
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Katie Douglas to me is the equivalent to Mike Dunleavy.
    What? is she dead to you like Dunleavy is dead to you?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    She had NO IDEA what kind of crowd was coming out. She got PISSED at Area55 and G2Zone taking the old "Cheryl" chant directed at Reggie and directing at her all night long...
    Didn't know Area55 was going to be there. Excellent!

Here's her post game comments:

What happened out there?
    "I don't have an answer.''
    Coach Dunn said they were trying to deny the ball. Did you feel your players were getting shots they could hit or were they just being shut down?
    "I think whatever Lin said, she was exactly right.''
    What's it going to take to get another win Sunday?
    "Score more points than them.''

I understand it's a frustrating night. Are you upset with the team, or are you just upset with the situation?

"Not upset. Ready to move on.''

Mood

I understand it's a frustrating night. Are you upset with the team, or are you just upset with the situation?

"Not upset. Ready to move on.''
    Nope, not upset at all. You could totally tell.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Didn't know Area55 was going to be there. Excellent!
    Them and G2Zone have been behind the Opponent bench since Game 3 of the Dream series.

And Reeves was LIVID at us. She told someone at the scorer's table that we were pissing her off, and then she later faced us and spit her gum out in the process (not at us, but the look on her face was PRICELESS!)

Not bad considering I did something to my back in the third quarter that put me in a seat for much of the second half. Time to ice it and keep it from tightening up.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 10-20-2012 at 12:08 AM.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

lol, hopefully the Fieldhouse is as packed for game 4.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Them and G2Zone have been behind the Opponent bench since Game 3 of the Dream series.

And Reeves was LIVID at us. She told someone at the scorer's table that we were pissing her off, and then she later faced us and spit her gum out in the process (not at us, but the look on her face was PRICELESS!)

Not bad considering I did something to my back in the third quarter that put me in a seat for much of the second half. Time to ice it and keep it from tightening up.

Was she expecting them to do something about it? Pretty telling that she allowed you guys to get in her head like that. I hope you up the ante for game 4 (get well soon)!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post

I hope you up the ante for game 4 (get well soon)!
    Area55 and G2 will show up and be even more insane Sunday, the National Guard couldn't keep me away, much less a back injury!

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local...ickets-to-fans

Colts donate tickets in support of Fever

Updated: Saturday, 20 Oct 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
    Published : Saturday, 20 Oct 2012, 10:06 AM EDT
    Staff Reports

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The Indianapolis Colts have purchased 2,500 upper level tickets to donate to fans wanting to attend Sunday Night's WNBA Finals game.

A Fever win on Sunday would clinch the city's first professional basketball championship since the 1973 Pacers in the ABA.

Fans are able to collect a maximum of four tickets per person and additional tickets can be purchased for $10. Tickets are available for pickup starting at noon Saturday at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse box office.

Fans are asked to wear red to Sunday's game in support of the Fever. The organization anticipates a sellout audience like Friday night.

Indianapolis Colts players Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis, Pat McAfee, Jerraud Powers and Reggie Waynewill all be in attendance.

Colts stars Antoine Bethea, Robert Mathis, Pat McAfee, Jerraud Powers and Reggie Wayne have purchased 2,500 tickets to donate to fans wanting to attend Sunday's WNBA Finals Game 4! You can pick them up at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse Box Office today at noon.

Learn more: http://fevermvp.com/game4

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Apparently Pohlen tore her ACL

The Fever really haven't had luck with the injuries.

Also, I like seeing Reeve show some of that Bill Laimbeer side of her. Part of the problem with the WNBA as of late (really, since there has been no Bill) is that there are no "hated" teams by fans. Probably the most hated player is Taurasi, but she was injured/wasn't playing this season. (And she's personally one of my favorites anyway.) The Mercury are likely to be that team next season, but it's nice to see some edge out of the Minnesota team.

I've been rooting for the Fever because I'd like to see Catch get a ring, not because I dislike Minnesota. So thanks for bringing something to the table, Reeves.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-20-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Apparently Pohlen tore her ACL

The Fever really haven't had luck with the injuries.

Also, I like seeing Reeve show some of that Bill Laimbeer side of her. Part of the problem with the WNBA as of late (really, since there has been no Bill) is that there are no "hated" teams by fans. Probably the most hated player is Taurasi, but she was injured/wasn't playing this season. (And she's personally one of my favorites anyway.) The Mercury are likely to be that team next season, but it's nice to see some edge out of the Minnesota team.

I've been rooting for the Fever because I'd like to see Catch get a ring, not because I dislike Minnesota. So thanks for bringing something to the table, Reeves.
    Unfortunately that's no surprise. It certainly looked like an ACL tear when she went down. I just want to get through this series with no more major injuries.

I agree about Reeve. It's probably good for the game. I've been mildly annoyed by Reeve in the past just because she comes so far out on the court sometimes while the ball is in play. But in this series after game 2 I realized I actually dislike her quite a bit, and let's face it - seething about displays of arrogance/entitlement/nastiness by an opponent is good fun for many sports fans. That there seemed to be some genuine animosity between the coaches recently is just icing on the cake, and it all plays out in an intense series. I did love to hate Bill and the Detroit Shock.

No doubt about it though, Phoenix will be public enemy number 1 next year with Taurasi and Griner. If you regularly read the WNBA's Facebook page it seems like Candace Parker is almost if not just as hated as Taurasi.

Anyone who is going to game 4:

AT THIS POINT, THIS IS PURELY RUMOR.

According to a reputable source, Cheryl and the Minnesota Lynx have complained about Area55 and G2's actions of Friday night and are attempting to have our chanting of Lynx player and coaches names silenced for Sunday's game. We've reached out to our ticket rep with PS&E and he believes it to be poppycock and heresay, but he is looking into it. At this point, I want to make it crystal clear that at no time on Friday night that Area55 and G2's chant did not cross the line at any point (partially because we were behind Maya Moore's family, and partially because we know better), furthermore, we didn't deliver a SINGLE chant directed at Lynx players (unless one also happened to be named Cheryl)

That being said, we've found another weakness in what is purportedly the greatest women's basketball team ever, and they want to take away one of our pieces of homecourt advantage before the final blow can be performed and their season goes down in flames. However, CHERRYYYLLLLLL has no idea what she and her team have done in trying to pick a fight with Area55 and the G2Zone, and if theres one thing I've learned from watching people pick fights with Area55 and G2Zone, its this: AREA55 AND G2ZONE WILL WIN EVERY ****ING TIME. WE AINT GONNA BACK DOWN FROM A CRYBABY!

Therefore, I'm issuing the call to arms: Tomorrow night, as you enter the game, Spread the word, get your section loud and roaring, the Lynx may have attempt to silence A55 and G2Zone, BUT WHAT ARE THEYGONNADO WHEN 18,000 STRONG are chanting "CHEERRRRRYYYYLLLLLLLL" at them? If they thought Friday night's crowd was loud and insane, lets crank it up a notch! DRINK YOUR WATER, TAKE VITAMINS AND WEAR YOUR FACEPAINT!

THIS IS WAR!

EDIT: As I have typed this, we've received word (via RobFromPacers and Nate from the Fever) from Fever COO Kelly Krauskopf: At this time, she has heard nothing from the WNBA League Office. Regardless, the Call to Arms stands, TOMORROW NIGHT, BRING THE NOISE!
    Last edited by Sandman21; 10-21-2012 at 12:26 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Just saw this on twitter. If it's true:

Attached Images Attached Images

For those interested, Area55/G2Z sat behind the Lynx bench Friday and when not screaming cheers for an inspired Fever performance, we directed our chanting at Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve. Cheryl eventually lost it and turned toward us and directed a symbolic gob of spit in our direction. We responded with a "That was nasty" chant and Cheryl seethed the rest of the game. Her post-game press conference demeanor (which was described by various sports writers as "surly" "terse" and "not an example of a charm school foundation") had a lot to do with us.

After the game, Cheryl tried to gag us by complaining to the ushers. The word came down that Area55/G2Z would be barred from chanting the names or numbers of any Lynx players or coaches during Sunday's Fever game. If you think that's going to inhibit us, rethink, my friends. Just wait. There's plenty more coming Sunday for Cheryl from A55/G2Z.

Also kudos to Lin Dunn for outcoaching Cheryl big time in Game 3. Read the following very insightful article as to just how Lin outfoxed the coat-thrower:

http://tinyurl.com/8mv6d5x

IndyHoya
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 10-20-2012 at 11:04 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

WOW. it seems Cheryl's temper tantrum has spilled over onto Twitter. She even bashes one of her OWN Lynx fans!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

cgg

Cheryl's big on elbows. Halftime of Game 2 she ordered her team to start using them. This:

"[Lin] Dunn also took exception to Reeve's halftime speech, during which she directed her players to use their elbows in the second half.

"When you go to the basket, I want an elbow out," Reeve said in a speech that was televised. "I want them to collapse their arms on you because you're sticking an elbow in their chest."

Dunn learned of the speech after the game and was shocked.

"I've never heard a coach say that publicly before -- lead with your elbow, they're not calling it."

Both January and Shavonte Zellous had concussions during a game at Minnesota late in the regular season. Now, Dunn wonders if there was intent behind the hits.

"I guess the thing that sticks in my mind now is I look back to those two concussions we had in the game up there that we played in the regular season, and it makes me think, hey, maybe that was attributed to that because that's how they teach their players to play, which I consider very dangerous and shouldn't be part of our game," she said.

IndyHoya

27. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

careful guys though, a common tactic for coaches is to irritate the fans so that the chants/cheers/harassment is directed at the coach, not the players. So that they aren't distracted.

I'm not saying don't irritate Cheryl...I'm just saying irritate the players too.

edit: Or looking at her twitter...she's just about lost it.

lol

careful guys though, a common tactic for coaches is to irritate the fans so that the chants/cheers/harassment is directed at the coach, not the players. So that they aren't distracted.

I'm not saying don't irritate Cheryl...I'm just saying irritate the players too.

Her OWN fans too? hahaha

31. The Following User Says Thank You to cgg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Agreed about the players, but sheesh, you're right, Cheryl seems to be really fraying. I would think a head coach would be much more thick skinned, I guess that they are kindof folding under pressure so far though.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Don't worry about that... we found the Lynx to be VERY SUSCEPTIBLE to the "fake shot clock" countdown on Friday.

And that's just one tool in the kit.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Jeez, Maya STILL falls for that.

I remember a game where Duke did that to her three times. Funny bit was she made the shots, but...