Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 99

Thread: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

  1. #26
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Catch is all over the place.

    Augustus does have a beautiful crossover.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  2. #27

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Augustus does have a beautiful crossover.
    And an even prettier jump shot.

  3. #28
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And an even prettier jump shot.
    Yep. I think only Taurasi has a better shot.

    Maya Moore's stroke looks beautiful - so silky smooth, but somehow it doesn't go in as often as it looks like it should.
    Last edited by gummy; 10-19-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Katie Douglas to me is the equivalent to Mike Dunleavy.

  5. #30
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Katie Douglas to me is the equivalent to Mike Dunleavy.


    You know...I've had my issues with Katie because it seemed to me in years past she would go on an epic cold shooting streak in the playoffs. But this year she's been so good. She was averaging over 25 points a game in the Connecticut series and basically carried us when Catch had an off night. So I'm feeling positive about Douglas right now.

    Though I wish her ankle wasn't so floppy.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  6. #31

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep. I think only Taurasi has a better shot.

    Maya Moore's stroke looks beautiful, but somehow it doesn't go in as often as it looks like it should.
    Yea, it's funny, Taurasi is much more likely to take a three, but she rarely misses from midrange.

    Moore, her shot is a little flat. She was certainly more accurate in college. But she's another that would much rather take threes than midrange. Funny enough, when talking about NBA/WNBA comparisons, Maya's game is probably more similar to Danny than anyone.

    Minnesota committed like eight offensive fouls on that possession. Wow, at being up 21...

  7. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    You know...I've had my issues with Katie because it seemed to me in years past she would go on an epic cold shooting streak in the playoffs. But this year she's been so good. She was averaging over 25 points a game in the Connecticut series and basically carried us when Catch had an off night. So I'm feeling positive about Douglas right now.

    Though I wish her ankle wasn't so floppy.
    My comparison to Dunleavy was not negative I think she has a similar game, I wish she didn't get hurt Indiana needs her

  8. #33
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My comparison to Dunleavy was not negative I think she has a similar game, I wish she didn't get hurt Indiana needs her
    Oh. hahaha.

    You have to admit, around here it's almost like saying Dunn reminds you of JOB.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:


  10. #34

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My comparison to Dunleavy was not negative I think she has a similar game, I wish she didn't get hurt Indiana needs her
    Douglas is a really good defender. And not as good of a shooter. Harden might actually be a better comparison. :P

  11. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh. hahaha.

    You have to admit, around here it's almost like saying Dunn reminds you of JOB.
    Yeah I don't like Dunleavy but even I have to admit that Dunleavy at one time was a pretty good player, when I'm comparing her to him I'm thinking about the good Dunleavy and no the crappy one

  12. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Tamika is amazing wow.

  13. #37
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Wow, Fever are just taking it to the Lynx! Zellous has been really good. Two down, Zellous, Phillips, and January step UP!

    And we are still full court pressing. Hahaha.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  14. #38
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    What can you say about Catch at this point. Deserves her number in the rafters.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  16. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Damn what an a** whooping damn........

  17. #40
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Is this how a defending champion carries themselves? Just embarrassing for Minnesota.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  18. #41

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, Fever are just taking it to the Lynx! Zellous has been really good. Two down, Zellous, Phillips, and January step UP!

    And we are still full court pressing. Hahaha.
    Get a 40 point lead and Dun can rest those guards.

    Not to take anything away from the Fever, because they have been great, but there's no excuse for this from Minnesota's perspective.

    people complain about "superteams" in the NBA, the Minnesota team is not only stacked..but stacked correctly (aka, the pieces fit) have had a year to play together and gell..and they've played poorly in the playoffs. (It was probably a bit of a warning sign when an injured Sue Bird almost took Minnesota down by herself.I mean, January, Erin, and Zellous are good players, but they aren't Whalen, Maya, and Augustus. All three have arguments for "top 3 players at their position." And Rebecca Brunson is no slouch. And then they actually have the deepest bench in the league.

    Unbelievable really. And I hope it continues (this series obviously isn't over yet), because there's not a player in the league who deserves a ring more than Catch. I just wish Katie could play so she could really enjoy it.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-19-2012 at 09:24 PM.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  20. #42
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Epic beat down.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  21. #43
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Whalen is too old Sookie. I'm sorry, but she is just getting her *** handed to her by these younger players.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #44
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    17 minutes for Catch tonight. LOL, just LOL

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  23. #45

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whalen is too old Sookie. I'm sorry, but she is just getting her *** handed to her by these younger players.
    She's only 30 (if that). She is injured. (Not that it's an excuse, Indiana is playing without their second best player.)

    I do think a player like January is probably the worst possible matchup for her. She's slow and strong, and January can just get around her. But she's honestly just had a poor playoff run, which is strange for Lindsay. Like I said, Bird absolutely destroyed her, and Sue needed hip surgery and was practically limping, so Lindsay's poor playoff performance is on her..not an injury excuse.

    Not that she's been the only problem for the Lynx. Seimone has been very inconsistent, and Maya's trying to do too much, and Brunson really hasn't played like she's capable of.
    Last edited by Sookie; 10-19-2012 at 09:33 PM.

  24. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Tamika shouldn't be there.

  25. #47
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,038

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    How much ball has Whalen played though now? Lots of miles on that body and she looks like it right now.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  26. #48
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,926
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tamika shouldn't be there.
    Right?!? I am glad she's sitting down again.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  27. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right?!? I am glad she's sitting down again.
    Yep I wouldn't risk and injury, there was a weird play there were she almost got hurt, not need for her to play.

  28. #50

    Default Re: WNBA Finals - Fever Vs. Lynx

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much ball has Whalen played though now? Lots of miles on that body and she looks like it right now.
    She's actually not played as much as some other players her age. I'm actually pretty sure she doesn't go overseas in the off season. She did play through the Olympic break...but so did Catch. (Who is older. And has played more basketball.)

    I think she's just playing bad. LoL. I think a lot of it has to do with the way January is playing, and the defense Erin and January have played on her. But she's really just been pretty bad. But it hasn't just been her. I mean, Maya and Seimone broke out last game, and they likely will again. But they haven't been themselves either.

    On another note, just take Zealous, Erin, and January out. Minny can't catch up, and those three need the rest.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 01:51 AM
  2. Lynx open WNBA season as favorites to win again (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2012, 12:00 PM
  3. WNBA Western Conference Finals
    By gummy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 06:26 PM
  4. Fever select SDSU's Jene Morris in 2010 WNBA Draft
    By gummy in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 03:22 PM
  5. Fever Select Khadijah Whittington in 2008 WNBA Draft
    By duke dynamite in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 03:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •