Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PD Forum Party

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: PD Forum Party

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ugh. Do not slander my friends name. Management at Fox and the Hound was NOT the problem.

The party arrangements originally had a specific room reserved. We were moved too a different room because another group actually PAID to have the room we wanted. Considering that every bar in the country has people have reservations and then NEVER show up, when someone actually pays, they get preferential treatment.

Considering the new room they moved us too had enough room to seat all of us, neither I nor the management figured this would be a problem. It was. This is MY FAULT. So if anyone is upset we were moved, make sure you're clear that I'm the *******, dickhead, or whatever insult is necessary to describe me. (I should have let everyone know the location had been moved to a different room so new arrangements could be made).

After a server was given trouble, (despite her job being nothing more than a server) despite free food already having been given to the group, and after the group was finally moved once again I believe management was more than accommodating.

Now, the location is not what you guys want so in the future we can find a much better location, so this is all simply water under the bridge. Who cares.

But let's be clear- Management at Fox and the Hound, which hosts parties for hundreds of sports fanatics all year long without ANY complaints, did all that was necessary to please the wishes of the party.

Anywho- all that matters is everyone had a great time, and it sounds like all did, so the next time we'll just make sure we don't go to Fox! Cheers!
    Mattie,
    Thanks for setting this up. I can't complain about anything (too old for that!) If I'm in town when any of the future get togethers are held I will try to attend.
    Bobby

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

billbradley

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I would be dead set against any lineup that had both Ian and Roy. I'd be shocked if we saw it - there would have to be major injuries and foul trouble for us to see that. And I certainly hope we don't see it. (last thing we need is a slower less athletic lineup)
    Ian didn't appear slower than West to me. But that's one game, I could of misjudged.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I would be dead set against any lineup that had both Ian and Roy. I'd be shocked if we saw it - there would have to be major injuries and foul trouble for us to see that. And I certainly hope we don't see it. (last thing we need is a slower less athletic lineup)
    It would depend on the matchups. I doubt that we'll see it much if at all, but I could envision the possibility.

? Ian is considerably more athletic than West.

Athletically that's who you want next to Roy. The reason you don't pair them is the same reason you didn't pair Roy with Solomon Jones; rebounding. West is cutting it close but he's a better rebounder than Ian.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad people enjoyed themselves... I really need to get to another one of these.

As for Ian, I think we will see him paired with Hibbert early and often. That was the point of going to get Ian was that he has the versatility to play with both West and Hibbert.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

Mood

I think Ian looks more athletic than our PFs.

Ian's going to be our best pick n roll/pop big defender.

If you go back to the end of game 4 vs. Miami, Miami closed that game out with multiple pick n pops with Haslem. Miami exploited David West's lack of lateral foot speed, leaving Haslem with several open jumpers (which he made). If Ian was in there, Miami would've moved Haslem to center and tried to exploit Roy. I think it's been mentioned, but if Roy's not producing on offense, we're more likely to see Ian replacing Roy than to see Roy and Ian on the floor together. Ian plays almost exclusively like a center defensively.