Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Derrick Williams

  1. #1
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,822

    Default Derrick Williams

    I was watching NBA TV and they mentioned that Williams' days in Minny might be numbered. With AK47 and Love starting at the 3 and 4, respectively, apparently Kahn is getting frustrated with Williams.

    With West getting older and nearing the end of his contract, is Williams a possibility for us?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  2. #2
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    I'd love to get Williams. I don't see it happening, but then again, Kahn paid a 1st rounder just to get rid of W Johnson....
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  3. #3
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Would we need him? I've always seen him as a SF, not a PF.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    They'll ask for Paul George.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Trade Williams? I thought he'd turned the corner?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #6
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,960

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Williams is horrible tweener forwards rarely ever work in the NBA.

    pass with complete ease
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

  8. #7
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Williams is horrible tweener forwards rarely ever work in the NBA.

    pass with complete ease
    Wouldn't call him horrible but I do agree he's a tweener and Minnesota probably wants too much. If they were selling really low I'd bite, but I doubt they are.

  9. #8
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Williams is an absolute gamechanger. The fact that he's stuck in a system in Minny that has Love being an absolute ballstoppper hurts his stats, but make no mistake, the kid has star potential.

    Issue is, through a trade it'd cost us PG, not gonna happen. In free agency he's gonna make too much money.

    Just don't see how we'd be able to swing it without parting with Danny (For $ reasons) or Paul (For skill purposes).

    I'd love to have him though. He could have all of Tyler's minutes.

  10. #9
    noob oz_pacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Trade him for tyler that should work they need a great inside scorer with a high bball iq and great interior passing

    GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

  11. #10
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'd take him for Tyler and a second. That's it.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #11
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,822

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Minny has been known for moving their drafted players rather quickly. From the top of my head, I recall Minny drafting, and trading, Corey Brewer, Mayo, Flynn, Lawson, Wes Johnson.....

    I could see the same happening to Derrick Williams
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  13. #12

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    watching him vs the Pacers, Williams looked pretty good. But he is a tweener-SF guy, not a PF. Pacers have big wings by the ton. I doubt they need another. Wasting the last of the cap space on another one doesn't seem like a good plan.

  14. #13
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    He's essentially the next Al Harrington, for better and for worse, I think.

  15. #14
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,822

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's essentially the next Al Harrington, for better and for worse, I think.
    I would say more of a Michael Beasley
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  16. #15
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,290

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take him for Tyler and a second. That's it.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    I'd take him for Tyler and a 1st. That first is gonna be end of the round anyhow.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  17. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,847
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    I didn't like him much coming out his lack of motor on tape showed more than anything dude is super lazy. Most games he normally wouldn't even bother getting back on defense. I watched him a bit last year but still not sure on what he will become. I never thought of him as an Al Harrington type but the more I think about it they do have more similarities than differences. I always saw him as a Jeff Green type or a Danny Granger without the defense and anyone who knows me knows I really don't like Jeff Green's game he doesn't help his team like the stats would lead you to believe IMO.

  18. #17

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd take him for Tyler and a 1st. That first is gonna be end of the round anyhow.
    !!!!How about Tyler and Pendergraft? That works pretty well for salary and gives Minn 2 expiring contracts for a player their owner dont like. Also gives the Ps a true tweener at the 3 and 4 and opens up even more time for Plums and IM at the 4. Dont know if he would get much time at the 3 with Danny and GG unless we have an injury!

  19. #18
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,520

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They'll ask for Paul George.
    Actually, they've had some interest in Granger. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him....they want vets that are more established to compete for the Playoffs.

    But since I'm not sold on Derrick Williams being more of a SF than a PF....I'd pass.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #19

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, they've had some interest in Granger. I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for him....they want vets that are more established to compete for the Playoffs.

    But since I'm not sold on Derrick Williams being more of a SF than a PF....I'd pass.
    i remember those rumors (they were Granger for #2, or something along those lines), I wondered if there was anything to them back then, and still do.

    what we heard this summer is that, A) they didn't want to give Williams for Batum (that's coming from their owner, who loves to be brutally honest with media), B) they offered him for Harden and for Charlotte's #2 (MKG?) in two separate deals, those were from espn 'sources' i think.

    If those are true, their price is very high.

    Re D-Will, i agree, he's a PF.

  21. #20
    bro-hahn kroyff Brohan Cruyff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by oz_pacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trade him for tyler that should work they need a great inside scorer with a high bball iq and great interior passing
    That doesn't sound much like Tyler Hansbrough to me.

    EDIT: I'm dumb, never mind.
    Last edited by Brohan Cruyff; 10-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

    "And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

  22. #21
    noob oz_pacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    205
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by Brohan Cruyff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That doesn't sound much like Tyler Hansbrough to me.
    Hence the green font

    GRANGER!! FOR THE WIN.............. IT'S GOOD!!!!!

  23. #22
    bro-hahn kroyff Brohan Cruyff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    26
    Posts
    170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by oz_pacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hence the green font
    Ah, sorry. Not familiar with that. I take back my snark.
    "And Tottenham do not know what hit them...well I can tell you, it's Theo Walcott!"

    "And it's Tony Adams put through by Steve Bould, WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT?! That...sums it all up."

  24. #23
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,318

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    I'd do Granger and Augustin for Rubio, Williams and a filler...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  26. #24

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd do Granger and Augustin for Rubio, Williams and a filler...
    that seems so one sided that we might as well ask for Love as the filler!

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to hackashaq For This Useful Post:


  28. #25
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,931

    Default Re: Derrick Williams

    Kevin Love is pretty good filler. His contract is big enough to match Granger's.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM
  2. Derrick Williams takes trade rumors in stride (Yahoo! Sports) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
  3. Timberwolves after Gasol...almost traded Derrick Williams
    By graphic-er in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 08:25 PM
  4. Derrick Williams of Arizona Wildcats entering draft, will hire agent [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 07:10 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 04:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •