Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season game 2: MIN @ IND 12/10/2012

Default Re: Pre-season game 2: MIN @ IND 12/10/2012

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK I'm sold let's bring Ben Hansbrough back.
    He certainly showed he is a gamer and has an excellent feel for the game
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Our bench is looking pretty BA after that game. With DJ, Green, and Ian holding down the second unit, we're set.

...and maaaaan, that alley to Green was ridiculous. Sorry PG, but you are no longer the best dunker on this team :P

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    They never overlapped, but each had his detractors, for sure.
    To be fair we were told by Larry that one of the better shooters in the NBA was coming to indy and then he signed Kareem, so some people hated him for that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Call me crazy but I think he is better than AJ Price.

Call me crazy but I think he is better than AJ Price.
    Who in the NBA is worse than A.J. Price, in your opinion?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    Who in the NBA is worse than A.J. Price, in your opinion?
    Drose in a wheel chair?

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Big East Player of the year 2009 on a decent Notre Dame team. Seems to know how to run a set play. Dribbles East and West a little more than I like to see, but maybe once the teammates start to trust him to get them the ball, that will stop. Really liked some of the byplay with Ben, Gerald and Sam Young after plays. Seem to be connecting at least in this game.

To be fair we were told by Larry that one of the better shooters in the NBA was coming to indy and then he signed Kareem, so some people hated him for that.
    I remember him signing a different guard after that statement. Can't remember his name. I think he might have played for Orlando? People kidded about him being the ball boy or something. Sort of looked like Jordan Hulls. Maybe someone else will remember his name.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I remember him signing a different guard after that statement. Can't remember his name. I think he might have played for Orlando? People kidded about him being the ball boy or something. Sort of looked like Jordan Hulls. Maybe someone else will remember his name.
    It was Travis "the best NBA shooter2" Diener

Travis Diener. And how dare you forget his name!

Very pleased with Ben Hansbrough
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    Travis Diener and to be fair to Larry he is one of the best deep shooters he just is awful at everything else.

but on to the game Ian showed why I was in love with his signing tonight. Nice to finally have size and a guy who has skill and great on defense at the 5. I still and dumbfounded why he only got 4m a year I said at the time it was a steal and come playoff time it will show the best.

I have been a Pendy fan since his Ariz St days wanted to trade back and draft him on draft day he played like I envisioned tonight finally getting healthy and moving like he did in college. Pendy and Ian might be our best defensive bigs we have had in some time. I love how active both are and they both bring what we need glad Pendy is getting a shot hope he earns Tylers mins we need his defense and rebounding IMO.

We need to clean up our defense (DJ is gonna kill us all year Barea was getting wherever he wanted on him) a bit and run crisper sets but for our 2nd preseason game defiantly liked the improvement.

OJ is concerning me still think he will be fine but im weary he isn't separating at all(that was my main knock on him in college). In college he made tough shots so I didnt think it would be a big deal at the NBA level but he really needs to get a bit quicker and just settle into his game.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-13-2012 at 01:25 AM.

I wonder how it would affect Tyler if Ben made the team. I saw him smiling during a timeout and it could be me, but I don't recall seeing him do that before. He always looks so serious, almost too serious.

You have to give everything you can, but having fun while playing should be a part of it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:

We've got ourselves a pretty solid bench. We've definitely taken a step forward overall.

Ian is one of the best backup centers in the league and DJ could start for most teams.

I've always been a fan of Gerald and I'm thrilled he's a Pacer. He brings so many things this team has been searching for.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

billbradley

I predicted Vogel would call the infamous Cavs Jim O'Brien play for Green out of bounds alley for the dunk!

The stretch where we saw our new back up Center Ian versus our old back up Lou said a lot.

Great second half! I hope that Little Hans makes the team. Not only has he been solid, but perhaps having his brother around would help Tyler?
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    We've got ourselves a pretty solid bench. We've definitely taken a step forward overall.

Ian is one of the best backup centers in the league and DJ could start for most teams.

I've always been a fan of Gerald and I'm thrilled he's a Pacer. He brings so many things this team has been searching for.
    Idk about starting for msot teams for DJ, but he's a good backup point for sure. Our bench has a chance to be much better than last year though, that's for damn sure.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post
    I predicted Vogel would call the infamous Cavs Jim O'Brien play for Green out of bounds alley for the dunk!

The stretch where we saw our new back up Center Ian versus our old back up Lou said a lot.
    It wasn't Lou's fault really bad job by Bird we probably win the Heat series last season if we had a legit backup C and another wing defender like Rush. You cant rely on a guy with a gimpy back was beyond bad especially considering the drop off on both ends playing a poor player like Lou out of position.

You plug a Ian level player on too our bench last year we are much much better on defense and even a bit better on offense.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Recall the majority of this board giving me a hard time when I said Ben Hans can ball when given the opportunity. Because supposedly he can't pass? Kid can play. He showed that at Notre Dame by winning Big East Player of the Year, and he showed it tonight. All he needs is a chance.

Ian Mahinmi was a beast... I didn't realize how big the guy was. Dang. Just watching those highlights, he's gonna be a drastic improvement coming off the bench for Hibbert.

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    Recall the majority of this board giving me a hard time when I said Ben Hans can ball when given the opportunity. Because supposedly he can't pass? Kid can play. He showed that at Notre Dame by winning Big East Player of the Year, and he showed it tonight. All he needs is a chance.
    kid can play offensively. if he's not under pressure bringing the ball up. But he looked really weak on defense. both figuratively and literally. nice shooting though.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersandIU View Post
    Ian Mahinmi was a beast... I didn't realize how big the guy was. Dang. Just watching those highlights, he's gonna be a drastic improvement coming off the bench for Hibbert.
    He was a lot smoother than I expected. and less clumsy. One thing struck me, he does a really nice job of getting open under the rim. Somewhat like Marquis daniels used to. Just kind of stands there, but in just a way that opens up a passing lane to his hands. Very nice talent to have. Be even nicer if his hands were better, but still, figuring a way to get yourself open at the front of the rim is a nice skill to have.

Just got back from the game, my new wife and I actually got row 2 seats section 15 for this game. Gratis from her employer. It turns out during the second half Hansbrough's Father "elder Hansbrough" as I referred to him under my breath, came up and sat courtside just infront of us for the entire 2nd half. I figured out it was him by his passionate grunts when ever Ben made a play. He was very excited for his boy. He was also cheering hard for Mahinmi. Judging by the various texts he was sending out the he was on pins and needles for that 2nd half, and completely lost it when Ben threw the alley oop on the inbounds pass to seal the game. Really interesting to see a glimpse into that life and situation, I started really cheering for Hansbrough along with him.

I did not talk him up or anything, figured he was intensely focused. But we exchanged comments here or there about a play.

Funny note, I had to stop my wife from saying something mean about Tyler, because she didn't realize who was right there infront of us. She kept saying "can we trade Tyler for Ben? He is much better" I talked her down from hating on Tyler so early after not even seeing how he has improved yet.....even though we both do not care for Tyler's game at all. Just felt terrible to say something disparaging about a man's son right in his immediate ear shot.

Oh yeah, i'm calling it right now. Gerald Green 6th man of the year.

Oh yeah some of Paul's crew "the Pac Gang" were there courtside under the basket. I recognized the ridiculous tiger head tattoos on their hands.
    Last edited by graphic-er; 10-12-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    I wonder how it would affect Tyler if Ben made the team. I saw him smiling during a timeout and it could be me, but I don't recall seeing him do that before. He always looks so serious, almost too serious.

You have to give everything you can, but having fun while playing should be a part of it.
    Hans always seems like such a loner to me. I don't mean that disparagingly, just what I see. You don't really see him chatting it up with guys on the bench, cracking jokes, that kinda stuff.

Just getting home from the game too. Big thanks to pacerscolts1125 for the great seats in section 5. My fiance and I had a blast at the Fieldhouse as always. Green is her new favorite player as 25 was her number in high school, and green is her favorite color. Not to mention the insane, pogo-sticks that guy has for legs. Ian is what stood out to me the most though, as good as Green was tonight. As others have said, he looked big and strong, did a good job getting open under the rim, and knocked down his free throws with a nice looking stroke. It's nice to have two big guys who can cash in the free ones. Speaking of free ones, funniest moment of the night was Plumlee's air ball free throw, but to be fair he had a few nice moments as well. All in all tonight got me so excited to start the real games. Go Pacers!