Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: about streams and such

  1. #1
    Grumpy Old Man (PD host) able's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    8,701

    Default about streams and such

    Some posters new, some posters old, you all decided that PD is the new Piratebay of basketball and that our rules mean nothing.
    let me clarify this a little bit; some of the above are now balancing on the thin edge of a permanent ban, orthers on the same for a 30 day one.
    We don't put rules in place because we are idiots, if you think that, you're in the wrong place.

    Anyone even hinting at it will be banned the second i see it, and personally I don't give a toss what you all think of that.
    I am not prepared to get into legal trouble for hosting a site where the people are so egoistic that they "need" to get me into that kind of trouble.

    NO hints at PM's no hints at links no questions no nothing, if you want to see a stream of the game, pay NBA league pass Broadband and enjoy a perfect stream for reasonable cost, and a lot less than what i would pay if they arrested me next time around i visit Indy.

    Play nice, admins can be a lot rougher than they are, and I am not in the mood to lose all i work so hard for because you need to break the law and get me into trouble.
    If you don't like it, change it with your vote in whatever election comes around in your country, not by electing to get my arse thrown in jail.

    Have a nice day
    (and i mean that)
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

    If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!


  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Speaking of league pass, if I subscribe to the mobile version. Will games be blacked out?

  4. #3
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,692

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Able we should stiky this.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  5. #4
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,938

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,388

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Sticky icky.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    548
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    So what are you trying to say?


    @Pacers24Colts12

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers13Colts12 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by PD GameBattles 2k13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of league pass, if I subscribe to the mobile version. Will games be blacked out?
    yes the Pacers games will be

  11. #8
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I never asked for the links and honestly I don't care if I see preseason games that much anyway, and while I agree with this in it's entirety during the season, is it really necessary to be so hardcore about it in the preseason when getting League Pass won't help, nor do local TV channels show the games anyway? The NBA clearly doesn't care about broadcasting these games, so I'm not sure what the loss would be on their part.

  12. #9
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,429

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I don't blame Able for being so hardcore, after seeing the US government has been seizing websites almost on a whim, even ones hosted in other countries.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I honestly think the font color for this thread title should be changed and it should be changed to all caps, maybe even to a bigger size font as well. There are good posters on here I wouldn't want to see banned for a slip-up. Maybe make the thread title say "STRICT NO STREAM POLICY" or something instead of what it is now too.

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by PD GameBattles 2k13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of league pass, if I subscribe to the mobile version. Will games be blacked out?
    You need to understand what is going on with this page, because I've been surprised by it. Remember, in the US this is primarily designed as a service for out-of-town games with the expectation that you have other reasonable ways to watch (or pay to watch) local and national broadcast games.

    http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/ics...questionID=264
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  17. #12
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never asked for the links and honestly I don't care if I see preseason games that much anyway, and while I agree with this in it's entirety during the season, is it really necessary to be so hardcore about it in the preseason when getting League Pass won't help, nor do local TV channels show the games anyway? The NBA clearly doesn't care about broadcasting these games, so I'm not sure what the loss would be on their part.
    If you let it slide now, people will think it's ok in the regular season too.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never asked for the links and honestly I don't care if I see preseason games that much anyway, and while I agree with this in it's entirety during the season, is it really necessary to be so hardcore about it in the preseason when getting League Pass won't help, nor do local TV channels show the games anyway? The NBA clearly doesn't care about broadcasting these games, so I'm not sure what the loss would be on their part.
    You are not thinking clearly on this matter. It has nothing to do with whether the NBA cares about broadcasting it's preseason games or not. (which is debatable) It's a legal matter. As posters we don't want to do anything to get Able in trouble, thus it doesn't matter whether it's preseason or not!

  20. #14
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,564
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    The bizarre thing about this issue to me is the fact that those who do want to access to the illegal streams all have email access outside of this site, and those who have shared in the past are likely known to others for the most part. If those people would share with each other via email, everyone would be happier, and there would no longer be any issue for Able or the moderators of this site.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I hope it's clear that the discussion of streams is not the issue, rather the discussion of bootlegged streams. ESPN3/Watch ESPN and any other legitimate services won't be a problem for Able or any others.

    I would recommend requesting "Legal" stream information, as opposed to simply asking for a link to the game.

    Of course, the only real issue is if people give actually give any bootlegged links...


    EDIT: I know this seems like obvious common sense, but the thread title/post aren't clear.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    yawn cgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Delray Beach, FL
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,955

    Default Re: about streams and such

    You could just use google instead of asking here anyway.

  25. #17
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,180

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Why did you delete my comment able?

  26. #18

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You need to understand what is going on with this page, because I've been surprised by it. Remember, in the US this is primarily designed as a service for out-of-town games with the expectation that you have other reasonable ways to watch (or pay to watch) local and national broadcast games.

    http://leaguepasssupport.nba.com/ics...questionID=264
    Seems silly I guess. I found a work around anyways. Im using ... ADMIN EDIT - you seem to be missing the point completely. This is not a forum for discussing how to steal the League's IP or otherwise circumvent the League's business operations. If you want to do this on your own, more power to you. But keep it to yourself. -Jay
    Last edited by ChicagoJ; 10-22-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Cleanup
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  27. #19
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,276
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I don't blame Able a bit. Just covering his own *** from the FCC. As long as its just to keep the best forum on the net up, I'm cool with it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,046

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Damn, I thought you were going to post a link for me to watch the game tonight!
    Danger Zone

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bizarre thing about this issue to me is the fact that those who do want to access to the illegal streams all have email access outside of this site, and those who have shared in the past are likely known to others for the most part. If those people would share with each other via email, everyone would be happier, and there would no longer be any issue for Able or the moderators of this site.
    You can also use twitter.

  32. #22
    Member huber14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    236

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Wouldn't the individuals streaming the game get in trouble before the admins on this site? I am a member of other basketball websites and would like to warn the admins of those sites if there is a good reason to but I don't see how a website can get in trouble for posting links to other sites.
    Last edited by huber14; 10-23-2012 at 08:47 PM.

  33. #23
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't the individuals streaming the game get in trouble before the admins on this site? I am a member of other basketball websites and would like to warn the admins of those sites if there is a good reason to but I don't see how a website can get in trouble for posting links to other sites.
    This site runs off of able's servers, the same one's that he makes his living off of. He seems to have taken a "I don't know, but I'm not gonna find out the hard way" stance on this. Can't say I blame him either.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  35. #24
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,818

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: about streams and such

    Quote Originally Posted by huber14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wouldn't the individuals streaming the game get in trouble before the admins on this site? I am a member of other basketball websites and would like to warn the admins of those sites if there is a good reason to but I don't see how a website can get in trouble for posting links to other sites.
    In the US, at least, sites that post illegal access to copyright material are just as liable, with the typical draconian penalties that can be expected from laws crafted to protect corporations.

    That's why DCMA blocking of youtube, for instance, errs on the side of caution (which is why some rather high profil;e things were blacked out recently...)

    It isn't just the provider, it is anything seen as supporting the provider. Remember, technically since this is not an official (i.e. managed by the) NBA site, we survive on the goodwill of the Pacers and the NBA. Even if it weren't for the dangers to Able's business, the dangers to the existence of PD itself would still exist.

    Be square - don't share.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  37. #25

    Default Re: about streams and such

    I don't think it should matter. Its not like PD is associated with the NBA lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Radio Streams
    By Constellations in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 08:07 PM
  2. any streams for tonight?
    By Jetman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •