Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The all new 2012/13 Area 55, G2 Zone & PTO thread....

Default Re: The all new 2012/13 Area 55, G2 Zone & PTO thread....

AREA 55 NEWS YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK!!!!

Salutations, 55ers!

OK. I don’t really have much to say. The Heat now lead the series 3-2. If we win tonight, however, the series goes to 3-3. Then it’ll be gut-check time in Miami. Guess who the pressure will drop on then? It won’t be on us.

Nope, this thing isn’t over yet. Not by a long shot. What’s more, I’m even predicting a decisive Pacers win.

Why?

All year our guys have responded real well after a loss. We usually learn from our miscues and bounce back big time. I don’t see why tonight’s game – being as important as it is – should be any different.

Second, the NBA, belatedly, has tossed “The Birdman” for his blindside assault on Tyler Hansbrough in Game 5. The Flagrant One that the Striped Ones charitably awarded him for that has since been upgraded to a thoroughly merited Flagrant Two. The Birdman’s wings will be clipped and, instead of being the “Free Bird” his neck tat-ware extols he’ll be left to defecate in his cage during tonight’s game. Oh, and BTW, the technical that the refs gave TH as a consequence of Birdman’s violence in Game 5 has been rescinded. That doesn’t mean much now, but at least Tyler won’t have to pay the mandatory fine that ordinarily goes with any NBA technical foul. With Birdman out, that means that when Chris “Avatar” Bosh gets in his typical foul trouble, the Heat won’t have anybody capable to spell him. Result: More rebounds for us.

Oh, and I might mention this: In case you had any lingering doubts about the general lack of class that has come to characterize the Miami Heat, there’s this little gem: The Heat team actually awarded Birdman the ball from Game 5 as a reward for his cheap shot on Hansbrough. This is more of the same hubris, in-your-face arrogance and general sense of impunity that accompanies just about everything that is Miami. My guess is the Pacers will remember this deliberate insult tonight.

We need to remember it too, 55ers. Respond accordingly.

Thirdly, we’re at home again. This is our turf. Our fortress. Our Temple of Doom. We’re really good in BLF. Funny things happen here to foreign invaders too. In his last visit, LeBron got Teed up and accumulated 6 common fouls. You’d never see that occur in Miami or really anywhere else. I like to think our chanting, the Gold Out, and all the focused crowd noise that was present in Game 4 had something to do with the atmospherics that so frustrated LeBron and made him look so less regal and kingly.

Let’s see to it that this gets reprised tonight.

Finally, some of the Pacers – notably George Hill and Lance Stephenson - have a lot to prove. I look for both of them to be in full attack mode and have really big games. Their play in Game 5 was a big aberration. Watch them respond to the challenge tonight.

Nope, this isn’t over yet by any means. If I didn’t hate the Heat so much, I’d almost pity them for what is going to happen to them tonight.

Let’s bring it again big time, Area 55! Let’s help make sure this thing goes 7 games.

GO PACERS! GO AREA 55!
    Last edited by IndyHoya; 06-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

http://www.pacersarea55.com/ Auditions are here! I figured since nobody else posted it I would.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    Congrats, Sandman. Glad to have you back where you belong. Did the Dynlachts make it? Didn't hear.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IndyHoya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    Did the Dynlachts make it? Didn't hear.
    I traded emails with JoeyD yesterday. He got the call a few minutes before I did.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Aww sandman...traitor! Lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    Aww sandman...traitor! Lol
    All about bringing balance to the best homecourt advantage in the NBA...

Besides, its one less competitor for you to get a G2 spot this year.

And never fear, the G2 Gameday will be put into good hands once the field gets set.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-16-2013 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoya View Post
    Congrats, Sandman. Glad to have you back where you belong. Did the Dynlachts make it? Didn't hear.
    I made it, so I'm finally officially a member of Area 55! Very excited. Will certainly be different sitting up there this year, having been an ex-officio member first of Area 55 and then G2. I feel like I have a veteran's track record and 55er IQ, though I clearly only have rookie status. The wifey didn't make the cut, but we'll buy her in if we have the opportunity as in year's past, and she's also thrilled to be back in the section that started it all.

Glad to hear that so many familiar faces will be back, including you Joe Murphy! Of course, will miss the folks that sat around us in G2. Will have to find someone else to share the all-you-can-eat popcorn with now, but that's a good problem to have.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

Seems like a good time to retire last seasons thread and start a new one. Since there now is a new group of area 55 members we should probably start the conversation anew. Congrats to both last seasons G2 zone members and Area 55 members for their dedicated service to our team and on a very successful season.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13