Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts-Jets thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a travesty!

We just let them step all over us. We need Mathis and even Angerer back ASAP!

We couldn't just lose, we had to embarrass ourselves and to a crummy team for that matter.

At least we have the Browns at home next week. That's very winnable.

Getting those two back would not have helped and it won't help much next week. Browns 24 Colts 17

Our O line is porous. Luck has Wayne but the weapons on offense are not as good. With Wayne covered up by Cromartie, it was a long day. The good news is that the Colts are just starting to build around Luck. I do think we need to focus on the O line to protect him.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sure it would help, lol... hello, it's Angerer and Mathis. Throw in Vontae Davis. Our D is banged up right now.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Getting those two back would not have helped and it won't help much next week. Browns 24 Colts 17
    Your Act Is Annoying 100 Moderators 0

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Not worried about ol blu...there are annoying pessimistic people in every forum for every professional or college sports team. Just ignore him. No way the Browns beat the Colts, there are a very sorry team and Colts will bounce back.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    I'm not allowed to pick the Browns after today's performance? Hmmm. I think a lot of people around the country will be taking the Browns, who also start a rookie QB....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Not worried about ol blu...there are annoying pessimistic people in every forum for every professional or college sports team. Just ignore him. No way the Browns beat the Colts, there are a very sorry team and Colts will bounce back.
    I bet on football and I decided at the start of the season to bet against the Colts every week. They have already done better than I thought they would for the entire season. Perhaps they were just lucky but I think they made the most of their opportunities....... I'm pretty sure that I will make money on the season betting this way.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What a fan, bet against your team every week.

Blu, look around the league, a lot of teams struggled today. The Packers are kicking the Texans ***, and Indy just beat the Pack last week. The Giants smoked the 49ers, the 9ers looked awful, and they are a superbowl favorite. They scored 3 points. The Steelers lost to the friggin horrible Titans. The Falcons are undefeated and damn near lost to the friggin Raiders today. The Bengals couldn't beat the horrible Browns. The Jets beat Indy after looking pretty damn bad all year. The 4-1 Cardinals lost to the damn Bills, who suck this year. The Pats lost to a rookie QB who hasn't looked very good so far.

A rookie QB and his young injured team are going to have games like this. You're not endowing any knowledge by spewing all this anti-Colts crap on a week they finally didn't look very good. Even Manning had games like this.

Not buying anything your saying. I banked on Manning in '98 and I'm banking on Luck in '12. I wasn't wrong then, and I know what I'm looking at. I also know that you don't know what you're looking at. I can't help that. It's not my problem. You'll learn one day, I guess, but in the meanwhile, all I gotta say is ---- Oh well.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-14-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

Blu, look around the league, a lot of teams struggled today. The Packers are kicking the Texans ***, and Indy just beat the Pack last week. The Giants smoked the 49ers, the 9ers looked awful, and they are a superbowl favorite. They scored 3 points. The Steelers lost to the friggin horrible Titans. The Falcons are undefeated and damn near lost to the friggin Raiders today. The Bengals couldn't beat the horrible Browns. The Jets beat Indy after looking pretty damn bad all year. The 4-1 Cardinals lost to the damn Bills, who suck this year. The Pats lost to a rookie QB who hasn't looked very good so far.

A rookie QB and his young injured team are going to have games like this. You're not endowing any knowledge by spewing all this anti-Colts crap on a week they finally didn't look very good. Even Manning had games like this.

Not buying anything your saying. I banked on Manning in '98 and I'm banking on Luck in '12. I wasn't wrong then, and I know what I'm looking at. I also know that you don't know what you're looking at. I can't help that. It's not my problem. You'll learn one day, I guess, but in the meanwhile, all I gotta say is ---- Oh well.
    When one is betting, you take all emotion out of it. I decided before the season started to do that and I loaded up my fantasy team with players who play against the Colts, because, well, they aren't very good. That has paid off well. This week it was a running back for the Jets who won for me.....

2-3 is right where I thought we would be. I just figured we would beat Jacksonville and lose against Green Bay.

When one is betting, you take all emotion out of it. I decided before the season started to do that and I loaded up my fantasy team with players who play against the Colts, because, well, they aren't very good. That has paid off well. This week it was a running back for the Jets who won for me.....
    I wouldn't say that drafting Shonn Green has paid off well. He's been crap all year aside from yesterday. He doesn't play the Colts every week.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I wouldn't say that drafting Shonn Green has paid off well. He's been crap all year aside from yesterday. He doesn't play the Colts every week.
    I picked him up for this week only..... he certainly paid off.... I will take some Cleveland players for the next game too.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    2-3 is right where I thought we would be. I just figured we would beat Jacksonville and lose against Green Bay.
    They are one better than I thought they would be but I too thought the win would be against Jacksonville....

I'm not allowed to pick the Browns after today's performance? Hmmm. I think a lot of people around the country will be taking the Browns, who also start a rookie QB....
    A 29 year old rookie QB. Only the Browns.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Manning lost to the Jets 44-6 in New York his rookie year. Went 20-41 for 193 yards and two picks...

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's funny, last week Luck got me like 40 points in my fantasy league as I smoked my opponent.

rough day all around for them
    "We want Miami"

Banned
    Mood

That's funny, last week Luck got me like 40 points in my fantasy league as I smoked my opponent.
    This week, RGIII would have gotten you about that.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And last week RG3 would have gotten me 4 points.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Mood

And last week RG3 would have gotten me 4 points.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    You would have done fine with him on the season.....

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Now this I can actually agree with.
    I want to reconsider my position if you agreeing with me....

When one is betting, you take all emotion out of it.
    Then why not do the same when it comes to the Colts situation with Manning/Luck ??

99.9% of Colts fans understand why we said goodbye to Peyton. I didn't like seeing it all happen, but I'm smart enough to understand that when the opportunity comes along .......... you've heard all that before. You know why they did what they did. Yet, you keep the emotion in it and maintain your chub against Luck, Irsay, the Colts and their fans. Slightly hypocritical - isn't it ??

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacerDude View Post
    Then why not do the same when it comes to the Colts situation with Manning/Luck ??

99.9% of Colts fans understand why we said goodbye to Peyton. I didn't like seeing it all happen, but I'm smart enough to understand that when the opportunity comes along .......... you've heard all that before. You know why they did what they did. Yet, you keep the emotion in it and maintain your chub against Luck, Irsay, the Colts and their fans. Slightly hypocritical - isn't it ??
    Not at all. Betting is one thing. I am completely emotional about the Colts, Irsay, Manning and Luck.......

Not at all. Betting is one thing. I am completely emotional about the Colts, Irsay, Manning and Luck.......
    Blaming Luck for Peyton's exit is ridiculous. You want to blame Irsay? Fine. But Luck had nothing to do with it. If it hadn't been him, it would have been RGIII replacing Manning instead, which makes your Griffin love-fest rather silly and contradictory.

None of us were happy to see Peyton go. But he can't play forever, and it's not every year that you have the position to draft a QB of Luck's (or RGIII's, if you prefer) caliber. The rest of us have managed to move on, why can't you?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Blaming Luck for Peyton's exit is ridiculous. You want to blame Irsay? Fine. But Luck had nothing to do with it. If it hadn't been him, it would have been RGIII replacing Manning instead, which makes your Griffin love-fest rather silly and contradictory.

None of us were happy to see Peyton go. But he can't play forever, and it's not every year that you have the position to draft a QB of Luck's (or RGIII's, if you prefer) caliber. The rest of us have managed to move on, why can't you?
    Why, I have moved on. I have moved on to watching Denver and Washington play and see real QBs in action. I will always hate Irsay but I will watch Luck but so far, he hasn't shown me anything at all. I mean nothing.... He looks like a deer in headlights running for his life out there... Irsay made a decision that will make the Colts cellar dwellers for years to come. I am glad you are all so happy about that. You and Irsay sort of deserve each other in my opinion and I hope that statement doesn't get the book thrown at me.... By the way, I can't stand Steve Young either.......