Thread: So confused on this whole bounty thing!

RLeWorm

Default So confused on this whole bounty thing!

ok i know the whole bounty story, but what's confusing me is that Roger Goodell suspended 4 players. But somehow they went to court and got it overturned or something? My question is shouldn't the commissioner overrule everything? And now the suspensions for some of the players have been reduced. Scott Fujita's suspension was 3 games and now reduced to 1, but how is he able to play this season if he is suspended? I've seen Vilma on the sidelines for some of the saints game.

Default Re: So confused on this whole bounty thing!

Quote Originally Posted by RLeWorm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok i know the whole bounty story, but what's confusing me is that Roger Goodell suspended 4 players. But somehow they went to court and got it overturned or something? My question is shouldn't the commissioner overrule everything? And now the suspensions for some of the players have been reduced. Scott Fujita's suspension was 3 games and now reduced to 1, but how is he able to play this season if he is suspended? I've seen Vilma on the sidelines for some of the saints game.
    Vilma is on the PUP list so he can be on the sidelines until he is activated and then he will have to be suspended.

The commish IMO is trying to save face on the judge ruling but also trying to look tough against players and coaches that promote injuring other players. IN large part I think these penalities stem from the former players sueing the NFL on head injuries and this is proof positive that the players were not protected from a failure to promote player safety.