Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 207

Thread: Game Tonight

  1. #151
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Judging by the box score, Miles Plumlee is already in midseason form.

  2. #152
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Judging by the box score, Miles Plumlee is already in midseason form.
    Alright Carlos Mencia.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  3. #153
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alright Carlos Mencia.
    I didn't read the thread, so I assume I was about the 7th person to make that joke. But yeah, Plumlee sucks.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  5. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't read the thread, so I assume I was about the 7th person to make that joke. But yeah, Plumlee sucks.
    Him and Pendergraf looked really bad, I think they were on the bottom of the trash can.

  6. #155
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Him and Pendergraf looked really bad, I think they were on the bottom of the trash can.
    Really? I thought they both looked better than I expected. Of course, I didn't expect much.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  7. #156
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,312

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't read the thread, so I assume I was about the 7th person to make that joke. But yeah, Plumlee sucks.
    Just second and first in regardless to Plumlee's terrible ***. Really, I just wanted a chance to reference the greatest comedic mind of our era.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  8. #157
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Out of all the guys who completely sucked tonight, why does everyone jump on Plumlee? He wasnt great or even good, but he was nowhere near the worst out there.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  10. #158

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    yeah, Plumlee wasn't all that much worse than Roy at about 10% of the price

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #159
    Member Goyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    881

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, Plumlee wasn't all that much worse than Roy at about 10% of the price
    Yup.

    Young's gonna be a good fit, I think. I hope Lance plays well enough to stay in the rotation, but I also hope we don't stick with him too long if it's not working out.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:


  14. #160
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,697

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Well obviously this was a pre-season game & it's kind of nice to be the team who feels no need to be playing their starters big min. to try & get a meaningless win. (ok that last part was me really just looking for something good to say)

    Let me state again, this is pre-season so everything I am going to say below must be taken in the context that I understand that this isn't a finished product or even close to what we will see on opening night.

    I wonder if in the morning when Augustine goes to get his breakfast if Barea will cut past him to take the last pancake? Because God knows he isn’t going to be stopping him anytime soon if this game was any indication. Thankfully JJ was not all that grand from the field or that would have looked even worse (if such a thing is possible).

    Tyler should be grateful that the NBA is not going to review flopping in the pre-season because that charge he drew on Love would have made LeBron James proud. Other than that, same old same old from Tyler. He didn't force as many bad shots as in the past but he did nothing to prove that he should be anything more than a rotational player, at best.

    The official stat sheet for tonight's game is just crazy because they have us listed with only 4 blocked shots with none by Green or George which is nuts because in on sequence they each blocked a shot back to back so that makes no sense at all.

    Sam Young, yes please. Play more like this & I will have a serious hard time not wanting to see this guy on the floor, a lot.

    Who told Jeff Pendegraph he was Larry Bird? At one point in time he was shooting 15 foot jumpers just like he was the Legend himself, he wasn't hitting any of them but he sure thought he could take them.

    I thought Roy looked good myself, not sure where everybody is coming up with the fact he had a bad game. He looked a little winded but I thought on defense he was pretty good.

    I really like Paul George's aggressiveness in trying to go to the basket tonight. His dribble still looked a little high to me on a few occasions but overall it did look to be improved.

    God Lance is so frustrating. He has everything that it takes to be a special player in this league physically. I mean he is the perfect size for a guard, he has condor like arms & he has good quickness. But whatever it is that holds him back is just baffling to me. It's got to be mental, it has to be.

    Not sure why all the hate on Plumlee. Did anyone really expect a higher level of play from him? I think we got what we can expect this season from him.

    I'm hoping by Friday night we can get rid of the min. for Ahearn, Neville, B. Hansbrough, Gaines and we can cut way back on the min. of Pendegraph (God he's just awful, didn't somebody once say he was good in Portland?).


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  16. #161

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    I will say Plumlee DOES have a decent offensive skillset to build something from. That runner late in the game that he airballed (BADLY) was embarrassing, but other than the shot it was a nice move from 20 or so feet out for a 7 footer. Had a play earlier in the half where he caught it facing up from maybe 12 feet and did a nice job establishing post position and put up a nice fluid shot but just bricked it. He just can't shoot a lick, that's the biggest problem but that can definitely be improved upon.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #162

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ............ Lance ........... whatever it is that holds him back is just baffling to me. It's got to be mental, it has to be.
    He's not as good as he thinks he is. Or as good as he's been told he is.

    He always wants to hit the home run when a single would be best for the team. Maybe he gets it over time, maybe not. This year would be a good time to get it.

  19. #163
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    I will say, Lance's jumper looked way, way better. Last year it was so stiff, last night it looked reasonably smooth/more confident.

    Thing is, in the preseason like last night, its similar to a Summer League game. Guys jacking up shots, no real defensive effort...very difficult to get any read.

    Penderwall was just way too amped, early on he took 3/4 pick and pop jumpers from 20 feet. Didn't really run any sets.

    All in all, just glad that we're one day closer to tipoff!

  20. #164
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    A couple of things...

    I like Pendergraph for exactly what he is. I like Pendy more than Hansborough. He's a better finisher and has quicker jumping ability which gets him to rebounds better. He shoots it about as well as Hansborough which isn't saying much. He has a better back to the basket game too. And he is cheaper for the same type of production. I also would like us to trade Hansborough for a bucket of KFC... errrrr... I mean salary filler, but his jersey sales in relation to what we pay him is probably pretty good.

    I'm not really comparing Pendergraph to Plumlee, because I don't see them playing the same position, but either way they are both probably not going to see many minutes throughout the season.

    Our wing rotation is going to be so much better than last year. Not that he will be involved this year, but I really would like to see how Orlando Johnson develops over the next couple of seasons. Could end up a solid backup if he keeps getting after it defensively and gets comfortable with the speed of the game within our offense.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to pacergod2 For This Useful Post:


  22. #165
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,391

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A couple of things...

    I like Pendergraph for exactly what he is. I like Pendy more than Hansborough. He's a better finisher and has quicker jumping ability which gets him to rebounds better. He shoots it about as well as Hansborough which isn't saying much. He has a better back to the basket game too. And he is cheaper for the same type of production. I also would like us to trade Hansborough for a bucket of KFC... errrrr... I mean salary filler, but his jersey sales in relation to what we pay him is probably pretty good.

    I'm not really comparing Pendergraph to Plumlee, because I don't see them playing the same position, but either way they are both probably not going to see many minutes throughout the season.

    Our wing rotation is going to be so much better than last year. Not that he will be involved this year, but I really would like to see how Orlando Johnson develops over the next couple of seasons. Could end up a solid backup if he keeps getting after it defensively and gets comfortable with the speed of the game within our offense.
    I agree with what you wrote. I'd prefer Pends over Hans just cause Pends can rebound better and is probably a better defender.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  23. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    So you guys know that Pendergrah is better than Tyler by watching him in garbage time and pre-season? ok.......

  24. #167
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our wing rotation is going to be so much better than last year.
    So true. Danny and George starting, and Greene and X backing them up. Right now I'm projecting X as Sam Young, with Lance acting as fifth wing and 3rd PG. But we'll see.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  25. #168
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,697

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So true. Danny and George starting, and Greene and X backing them up. Right now I'm projecting X as Sam Young, with Lance acting as fifth wing and 3rd PG. But we'll see.
    I realize you can't judge much based on last nights game but I would seriously consider the wings to be Granger & George followed up by Young with Greene being X. I really like Young's game.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. #169
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,886
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you guys know that Pendergrah is better than Tyler by watching him in garbage time and pre-season? ok.......
    I've been saying that for a while now. I see their skill sets. I watched Pendergraph at Arizona State and in Portland. I can see what he does and what he has improved upon. Hansborough I watch all the time and the two are so similar, and the things that Hansborough is pretty good at, Pendergraph does better (Pendy is more likely to finish the shots Tyler has to make from the free throw line if that is your argument). And his athleticism applies more to the NBA talent around him.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. … You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  27. #170
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,047

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I realize you can't judge much based on last nights game but I would seriously consider the wings to be Granger & George followed up by Young with Greene being X. I really like Young's game.
    I don't know why we would do this. Our biggest issue for years off the bench has been wing scoring, we finally have a really good wing scorer and you want to relegate him to 4th wing? I don't like that at all. Young is basically a Dahntay replacement in the end.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #171
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just second and first in regardless to Plumlee's terrible ***. Really, I just wanted a chance to reference the greatest comedic mind of our era.
    I thought Kanye West killed him?

  30. #172

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    I thought Plumlee was the only guy out there that looked like he was willing to set a decent screen. Coach really needs to clean that up. He also contested/changed a couple shots and blocked 1 that was called a foul. I'm not sure what you guys expected from him, but I thought he played pretty good. Yeah he looked bad on a few shots, but that's because we're asking him to do things he's not comfortable with yet.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:


  32. #173
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,697

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know why we would do this. Our biggest issue for years off the bench has been wing scoring, we finally have a really good wing scorer and you want to relegate him to 4th wing? I don't like that at all. Young is basically a Dahntay replacement in the end.
    How do we know we have a really good wing scorer?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  34. #174
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,628

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    He looked a little winded but I thought on defense he was pretty good.
    2 shot blocks on one possession, so yeah I agree. If Tyler or someone had been able to keep those blocks from being recovered they would have actually got a stop. Very frustrating to see shot blocks wasted.

    Roy was fine, I think Plumlee looked better than expected. He physically seems to fit the NBA better than I thought he would. Obviously we will see long term, this is just one tiny blip.

    Ian made several really smart reactions and seemed to read the floor and his plays pretty well most of the time. He fouled too much and fumbled the ball too much, but he also looked like a guy who understood the plan. His footwork and spacing was drastically better than Tyler's (or Lou last year, or Jeff P).

    I'm looking at the lineup being
    Hill - DJ
    Paul - Green
    Danny - Young
    West - Ian
    Roy - Ian - Plumlee as needed, big enough to deal fouls out

    I think the writing is on the wall for Lance and Tyler. Enough experiments and hopeful wishes. Nobody else is going to dress on a typical night.

    And I feel pretty darn good about that lineup. DJ runs the offense, Green and Young can create for themselves and defend well enough to stay on the court, Ian is a physical presence that won't get pushed around, and the starters put up great numbers against competition last year.

    I also liked some of the plays Vogel was working. The whole high post-corner wing-low post combo could yield lots of good shots. They ran the Paul George GnGo back to back, once where it went to him (he fumbled it at the rim) and when were the big kept it and looks for the shot (Tyler jumper? I forget). That kind of action ties into the HP-Wing-LP thing too. And the pass back into the low block that I mentioned them working on in the "NBA Training Camp" show where West pins his guy away from the rim.

    It's a good set of attacks given the talents of Roy and West.



    The team is going to be very good it appears. Better than I hoped.

  35. #175

    Default Re: Game Tonight

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do we know we have a really good wing scorer?
    And a very good question! Watching online last night, we seem to have no offenseive schemes at all. Maybe I was not watching closely enough but there seem to be no plays run at all. Just get the ball to PG and let him operate. I know it's really early, but the team seems to be a lot like last season. Our starters will need to play 30+ minutes against anky team that can score points.Unless we find a scorer for the 2nd unit, Hill or George or Granger will have to be on the floor all the time.

Similar Threads

  1. More tix for tonight game vs WIZ
    By Pacerblue in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2011, 04:22 PM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
  3. the game on tv tonight
    By pacers20 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 05:44 PM
  4. Anyone going to the game tonight, 11/20/04?
    By Stryder in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 05:29 PM
  5. Big Game Tonight?
    By ROCislandWarrior in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •