Thread: Dealership abuses car, then tries to sell the guy a new one

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Dealership abuses car, then tries to sell the guy a new one

I'm just going to say it up front. I would lose my damn mind. I'd probably go to jail, and I'd accept that. I would probably drive my car in anger through the front of their building and crash into their display cars or something. I don't know, but I do know I would lose my cool.

They basically go hot rodding in this guys car, tear it up and then try to defraud the warranty program and the owner of the car to cover their ***. The guy left a tape recorder in his car because they damaged his car at that dealership once before but he couldn't prove it, so nothing was done.

This time he proved it, and instead of agreeing to fix it and go out of their way to kiss his *** (which they should), they told him they'd either A) fix it for free (duh?), or B) he could trade it in towards a new car. Really? As soon as the idea of this place benefiting from this popped up I would probably resort to punches being thrown. I would be absolutely livid. I would be so pissed off I'm not even sure just "fixing it" would appease me. I would probably want them to buy the car back at full cost and cut ties with them. Period. Anything less is unacceptable.

I have to put my new Mitsubishi Lancer in the dealership for a warranty issue next week, makes me wonder if I should put a tape recorder in my car.

Last edited by xBulletproof; 10-09-2012 at 11:45 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Dealership abuses car, then tries to sell the guy a new one

Video removed by the user?

Found an update on this story. The dealership bought his car off of him for slightly above book value.
    Last edited by travmil; 10-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

It was probably a stipulation of the agreement that he removes the audio.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wanna know who the &^%$#$^ dealership was. Was it local? I'd want to avoid it at all cost.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Best Chevy in Easley, SC.

I can't imagine that dealership won't have major issues honoring warranty issues in the future. You know to protect themselves Chevy has to audit and double check every warranty claim they get from them for now on.

If you have an Evo then you better put a recorder in that thing. Dealerships can not be trusted, heck most auto repair places can not be trusted. The porters at dealerships are typically teenagers, or young 20's.

The worst part about dealerships is if they have a problem fixing your car they will not tell you until they've done broken something, and they will make it seem like it was broke already.

If you have slightly modified car with simple things like an intake....they will take it off with no regard with how to do it properly, and not tell you they have no idea on how to reinstall it. Or worse yet reinstall it improperly and not even tell you about it. I've gotten my car back with the intake secured with zip ties and not even conncted to the throttlebody.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.