Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fox Sports Indiana in Fort Wayne

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Fox Sports Indiana in Fort Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, you're saying you get FSI without subscribing to the Sports Pack? What package do you have? Unless I upgrade to the top-end DirecTV package, I have to pay extra for the Sports Pack just to get access to the Fox Sports channels
    That doesn't make ANY sense at all. Check here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3450006

I think you need to speak with Directv about that.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    That doesn't make ANY sense at all. Check here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=3450006

I think you need to speak with Directv about that.
    So, when I entered my zip, the only options that popped up were FS Cincy, FS Detroit, and Comcast SN Chicago. Yet, when I enter Fort Wayne in (About 25 miles further from Indy) FS Midwest/Indiana pops right up. Same with Huntington. What the ****

Also, FW/Huntington show that channel as included in the regular programming.

I hate my life.

EDIT:

EVEN FREAKING OSSIAN HAS IT LISTED! That little crappy town is all of 8 miles NORTH. Why is it that I'm punished for living CLOSER to Indy?

EDIT2:

Last edit...but, if you look at a map and enter zip codes directly north, and directly south, Blufftons zip is the only one that doesn't show FSI as available. This is absurd.
    Last edited by Derek2k3; 10-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Mood

Looks like I have 2 options.

1. Pay for League Pass again. *sigh*
    2. "Move" to Ft Wayne/Huntington, but don't require the installer to come out. Basically, change my service address by approximately 10 miles, putting me in a zip code that receives FSI. Un-frickin-believable.

Mood

Just for fun, I marked up a map of the areas around me. Literally, there is a pocket that isn't considered to be in the FSI viewing area.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I'd call Customer Retention and send them that map along with any proof that the other providers have your zip code in the FSI viewing area.

Problem with the Fox sports package is that even though you would get FSI, it would still black out any out-of-area games (you are supposed to have League Pass for that).
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I'd call Customer Retention and send them that map along with any proof that the other providers have your zip code in the FSI viewing area.

Problem with the Fox sports package is that even though you would get FSI, it would still black out any out-of-area games (you are supposed to have League Pass for that).
    Bingo. At this point, I have to have League pass to get the games, according to the information on their site/my experience last year.

I'm probably just going to change my service address to Ossian zip code (5. Miles. Up. The. Road.) which will magically put me in the correct viewing area.

When I spoke to them on the phone, they claim they have no control over what zips get the RSN's, and tried to offer a pathetic discount on LP (Something like $15 off TOTAL)

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Remember FSI is just a local alternative channel to FSMW. Comcast actually switches the FSMW channel to the FSI feed, while when I was on Dish it created an alternative channel. The bar down the road has DirecTV and we end up having to search through channels every time to figure out which one is FSI this time.
    I do not have to do that in Indy. FSI is always at 673 or something like that, going by memory at the moment.

I haven't paid for LPass since my Texas days, and I get all the normal Indy broadcasts simply because of my location. We do have the sports channel package due to premium, but even before that we got FSMW/FSI automatically.

I think Derek has clearly identified the issue which is what I assumed - DirecTV randomly chooses by zip whether or not he's in the FSI broadcast window. If they had him in then he wouldn't need LP or even the Sports pack, he'd just need the normal locals package. If he "moves" he shouldn't need to buy the Fox pack or LPass to see the regular Pacers broadcasts, which means every game this season.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I do not have to do that in Indy. FSI is always at 673 or something like that, going by memory at the moment.

I haven't paid for LPass since my Texas days, and I get all the normal Indy broadcasts simply because of my location. We do have the sports channel package due to premium, but even before that we got FSMW/FSI automatically.

I think Derek has clearly identified the issue which is what I assumed - DirecTV randomly chooses by zip whether or not he's in the FSI broadcast window. If they had him in then he wouldn't need LP or even the Sports pack, he'd just need the normal locals package. If he "moves" he shouldn't need to buy the Fox pack or LPass to see the regular Pacers broadcasts, which means every game this season.
    Yes, DirecTV gave FSI an "always on" channel, 673. FSMW is 671, but you have to go to 673 for Pacers games.

I'm going to do the "move" thing to Ossian, as it won't mess any of my programming up (I'm still in the same area for locals). I guess some people try to game the system by "moving" to, say, LA from Indy, then using an antenna in Indy to pick up locals. This gives them all the NFL games in the LA market, as well as the ones in Indy.

I'm not trying to do anything like that, just get my damn Pacer games. Very frustrating.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek2k3 View Post
    Yes, DirecTV gave FSI an "always on" channel, 673. FSMW is 671, but you have to go to 673 for Pacers games.

I'm going to do the "move" thing to Ossian, as it won't mess any of my programming up (I'm still in the same area for locals). I guess some people try to game the system by "moving" to, say, LA from Indy, then using an antenna in Indy to pick up locals. This gives them all the NFL games in the LA market, as well as the ones in Indy.

I'm not trying to do anything like that, just get my damn Pacer games. Very frustrating.
    I wonder if PS&E might have any interest in following this up as well. After all, holes in the local video market could have a direct effect on promotion of the team and the revenue generated for FSI and sponsors.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Mood

Big shoutout to Matt and Sandman, as well as everyone that helped me wade through this mess.

I just changed my service address to Ossian, and voila! FSMW is live and working for "free". So, I've saved between $80/$180.

First beer is on me, guys.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post: