Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preseason NBA thread 2012

Default Re: Preseason NBA thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kanter, Drummond, Asik, all destroying people this preseason. Valanciunas. It's raining centers.
    Yeah, Kanter, 20min 14pts and 14boards!!! Not to mention 2steals and 1block. Stuffing the stat sheet.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Drummond is the most physically gifted rookie I've seen in a pistons uni since grant hill.

Dont misunderstand; it's only preseason, but physically, he's got superstar potential. not all star, superstar. Him being bigger, stronger, faster than almost the entire league won't change in 2 weeks.

It's not just that this guy is big with a nice vertical. He is MOBILE. He moves around like a guy a foot shorter and 100 lbs lighter.

I would buy a ticket just to see him play. In fact, I am.

On a side note, Terrance Williams is being brought in as a point guard. Didn't see that coming.
    I didn't think he'd put up the numbers he is. Granted, he probably won't be in the regular season, but he's really impressive. Teams could be kicking themselves in the very near future for passing on him.

But good for Detriot, and while I hate Detriot just due to rivalry, you must be giddy to have Monroe, Drummond and Knight as the core future.

I really wished the Pacers took a chance on T Williams. He def has talent, but I can see why Detroit would pick him up.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You still could. We have to trade or cut one of the 15 guys we still have under contract if we want to keep Williams past preseason. He's frank's guy though, so it's tough for me to see us letting him go without a fight.

As for the Drummond/Monroe thing...they haven't played one second together yet, so I can only dream at this point.

The good news is, frank has exhausted his staple of power forwards that can't play, so im pretty sure I'll see the twin towers lineup soon.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-14-2012 at 11:02 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I didn't think he'd put up the numbers he is. Granted, he probably won't be in the regular season, but he's really impressive. Teams could be kicking themselves in the very near future for passing on him.

But good for Detriot, and while I hate Detriot just due to rivalry, you must be giddy to have Monroe, Drummond and Knight as the core future.

I really wished the Pacers took a chance on T Williams. He def has talent, but I can see why Detroit would pick him up.
    I could see him having a Gerald Green like comeback eventually dude has so much talent just hope he grows up and shows it. I loved him coming out but I didn't take his back round into affect as much as I should of he probably needs a few years overseas to grow up.

He's looked average playing the point offensively, but his defense at that position has been outstanding.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Yeah, Kanter, 20min 14pts and 14boards!!! Not to mention 2steals and 1block. Stuffing the stat sheet.
    and just brutalizing people. it's visible that he lost some weight, he gets thrown off balance sometimes, but the guy just never gives up bumping. i love watching players like that.

and Asik... i wonder if he'll be able to sustain big minutes. He looked pretty tired by the end of last night. But so far it looks like Houston got themselves a steal. 30 minutes of all-nba level defense and rebounding. Now they just need to find a Greg Monroe to pair with him, lol..

Mood

How I love watching Scott Machado hoop wish it was in BnG not red though. I still can't believe he went undrafted hope he proves me right should be a nba starter in a few years. Spurs look like the Spurs gonna be scary deep.

he can pass, but he gives up just as many points. it's funny to watch him on D, tbh

Machado > Lin

yeah, Lin looks like a D-leaguer atm. Omer Asik is the best point guard on that team, so far.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lin sucked last year too. That was the dirty little secret. He was force fed shots and took some teams by surprise. His turnover rate was just flat out horrible. He is not an NBA starting caliber pg.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

That's an assessment made in hindsight. You can't handle the ball as often for as long as Lin did last season and not turn the ball over. It was his first real season of pro ball. Give the kid a break.

He was a very, very good player last season. That's not even a debate.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I think he'll get up to speed, he spent most of his summer traveling around Asia. He did practice, but considering he also had a knee rehab and didn't exactly have the same summer Kobe etc would have in his situation, it's not extremely surprising. So far, even his drives look shakier than last year, and he still has trouble bringing the ball up under pressure.

Also, their system looks odd. He spots up in the corner a lot, which makes no sense to me. He also takes far less risks with his passes in the open court, which is probably by design.

I think he'll get better and they'll get better at using him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Scott Machado's game as well. He's a solid PG.

Mood

No doubt about it Royce White had a major case of bus lag in the first quarter.

I think he air balled 4 times but that wasn't the bus lag showing he just cant shoot.

I bet DC will average 7-9apg this year he is in a friendly system for assists Kaman and Dirk will be his friends.

Kmart is on fire wish he tried on defense but as it is he is one of the best scorers. I wonder if we called about him this summer before signing Green.

J-Lamb is off tonight never seen him miss so badly
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-15-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Crowder is earning his roster spot.

AJ Price and Deron Williams apparently got into it

https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets

Deron Williams had a brief shoving match with Wizards guard AJ Price in final min. 2night, then he roasted him in the press conference.

DWill on Price: "Maybe he had some boys in the crowd he wanted to impress while he can with the little minutes he's going to get this year."

More D-Will on Price: "I’m not a tough guy. I hate when people talk for no reason, and that’s pretty much what he did."

Price, a Long Island guy, kept telling D-Will "I'm home." After crowd got behind D-Will, he said, "This is my home now."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is going to be a fun season. A lot of young teams on the rise.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    AJ Price and Deron Williams apparently got into it

https://twitter.com/NYDNInterNets
    so one guy started arguing because he's from Long Island and nobody cared, and the other because he's not tough. Sigh...

I'm all in on the Nets as my adopted second NBA team close to where I actually live. Just love the vibe around that organization right now. They look like they're having fun and the whole experience looks fun. I'm definitely going to go catch some of their games next month.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I'm all in on the Nets as my adopted second NBA team close to where I actually live. Just love the vibe around that organization right now. They look like they're having fun and the whole experience looks fun. I'm definitely going to go catch some of their games next month.
    yep. i didn't expect much before turning on the game today, but they look fun.

buncha fugazis in here

Blatche played very well this preseason. 23min last night 16pts 8boards 2dimes 2steals 1block...just 1 TO.

I may be in the minority, but I really felt the Pacers should have picked this guy up. He's making as much as Lance. He's in a situation just like Green was. Green and the rest of our guys could have mentored him. Plus, he'd be the main backup PF on this squad in no time. Seriously, Hans and Pends as the main backup PFs? That will be one of the weakest spots for us...and heaven help us if West gets injured.

Aaron

Now really free Lance!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Yeah the Nets looked good. If Brook Lopez can stay healthy he'll have a great year. They have so many weapons offensively that he won't be doubled nearly as much as in the past.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Blatche played very well this preseason. 23min last night 16pts 8boards 2dimes 2steals 1block...just 1 TO.

I may be in the minority, but I really felt the Pacers should have picked this guy up. He's making as much as Lance. He's in a situation just like Green was. Green and the rest of our guys could have mentored him. Plus, he'd be the main backup PF on this squad in no time. Seriously, Hans and Pends as the main backup PFs? That will be one of the weakest spots for us...and heaven help us if West gets injured.

Aaron
    I was JUST about to get on here and say "this is for Sparhawk" lol

Blatche has been playing out of his mind this pre season. Is in shape and playing hard. I know it's early but if he keeps this up its like having a bonafide starting PF coming off their bench.