Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason NBA thread 2012

Default Re: Preseason NBA thread 2012

i was about to write, is there any point to have Will Bynum in the NBA, and he hits a buzzer 3, lol.

Drummond's impressive. shooting touch is nonexistant. but otherwise, fun to watch

Stuckey looked well too. this team makes much more sense now, might compete for a playoff spot with some luck

damn, i didn't realize the Pacers are playing too

on another note: Terrence Jones looked well for the Rockets in the first game. But they are playing PFs at all 3 frontcourt spots at times, it was predictable obviously, but it's a shame.
    And Lin is keeping up his turnovers pace.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 10-10-2012 at 10:26 PM.

watching the heat/clipper replay... Allen playing alongside James ain't fair.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well...Drummond managed to very quickly become the story of the first week of preseason.....

Eventually, he wont be allowed to play as free and loose as he was last night, but in the other side, he did all his damage with Greg Monroe on the bench. I'm sure frank will play them both together tomorrow night.

It's been a long time since I've seen a pistons team with this much young talent, but I don't know if they're ready to start winning yet. Time will tell when the games start to actually matter.

I'm very glad we have tayshaun with the starters and maggette with the reserves. So much youth on this team, those guys will be crucial.

Other notes...jerebko finally looks like he has his hops back from his Achilles tear two years ago, and Brandon knight has definitely tightened up his handle.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-11-2012 at 05:46 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Did League Pass Broadband stop working for anyone else? This worked for the last Pacer game, now the link to open the console just stays white and doesn't load.

lol what's the deal with the secret scout on NBA TV? That's too funny...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CJ Jones For This Useful Post:

Valanciunas looks impressive. All over the place for now, but his talent is obvious. Not sure if his results will be good this year (although he really bothered Monroe's post up a minute ago), but he should be very good some day...

and two more good defensive possessions. people won't like playing against him, those arms...

i want to see Drummond in there for some comparison.

..and, hello foul trouble. he sets weird moving-hopping screens, that will have to be fixed.

Terrence Ross looks well too. This team has a ton of defensive upside.

It's funny when you watch Bargnani and Valanciunas at the same time, similar size, similar build, a little similar looks, but you can tell who's who by energy level at any time.
    Bargnani did play solid D at times, though.

i don't like Kravtsov so far. He's focused on swiping at the ball, but it seems like he's doing more harm than good. Other than that, he looks pretty clueless and he hops in one place with no purpose and watches too much. runs into people and falls on people. and he looks like his arms are tired. he needs to hold them higher and learn to extend.

Drummond-Valanciunas! watching Drummond after watching Kravtsov is a delight.

Drummond has a bit of nastiness, I like it a lot.

Drummond moves with a lot of purpose for someone who's supposed to be clueless and not ready.
    I loved that Drummond - Valanciunas bit, I want more.

Valanciunas will be so much better once he learns all the rotations and opponents... He plays a lot like Noah with his instinct to rotate and his mobility, but you need to know what you are doing.

DeRozan is so annoying to watch.

lol, I just noticed those 3D Raptors signs on the floor. It looks weird.

Kravtsov scores 6 in a minute to take the lead...

And he's asleep again.

Valanciunas is so talented.
    It's sad they didn't play Drummond much.
    Last edited by hackashaq; 10-12-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Drummond is just physically overpowering. The kid just turned 19 and he's tossing seasoned vets around like rag dolls.

Kravtsov......ugh. He's everything I feared about Drummond. Better him than Drummond, I guess.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Mood

Watched Damian Lillard make Steve Nash look silly the other night. Now it's time for him to make Marshall and Dragic silly.

Lillard played under so much control and poise just like at Weber but with NBA talent he looks even better. I bet playing with Aldridge for the first couple weeks shocked him how easy it is when you have a big like that.

Blazers are my new favorite west team yes even over the Hornets and EJ. Lillard and Barton were 2 of my favorites in the draft and I liked Leonard a ton also they will be fun to watch grow in a few years I think they will be special I just hope it happens before LaMarcus gets too old.

Drummond wasn't supposed to pay at all tonight. Frank wanted to give kravtsov some burn.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watched Damian Lillard make Steve Nash look silly the other night. Now it's time for him to make Marshall and Dragic silly.

Lillard played under so much control and poise just like at Weber but with NBA talent he looks even better. I bet playing with Aldridge for the first couple weeks shocked him how easy it is when you have a big like that.

Blazers are my new favorite west team yes even over the Hornets and EJ. Lillard and Barton were 2 of my favorites in the draft and I liked Leonard a ton also they will be fun to watch grow in a few years I think they will be special I just hope it happens before LaMarcus gets too old.
    The West better take notice of Portland because they'll be creeping up the standings in no time. Lillard has stardom in his future no doubt.

Mood

Hopefully Lillard forgets about this game he has done everything wrong 2nite. Learning experience for sure rookies can frustrate you lack of constientcy that's why old Skool coaches hate playing them. I remember when a cerntin coach just yanked PG24 from the rotation because of that very reason. Hopefully Stotts is patient with Leonard and Barton and even Lillard.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-12-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Portland has a nice broadcasting crew, btw.

I'll have to watch Utah next time. Looking at box scores, it seems like Kanter has been killing it over the first two games.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    Portland has a nice broadcasting crew, btw.

I'll have to watch Utah next time. Looking at box scores, it seems like Kanter has been killing it over the first two games.
    He doesn't even look the same lost 50lbs. He changed his diet kid will be special he has some sick post moves and now in shape scary combo.

Lillard is gonna be a beast in just a short amount of time.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

it will be hilarious if Wes Johnson finally breaks out.

Rookie update watch:

Plumlee - 24min 9pts 4boards 2TOs
    vs
    PJII - 30min 14pts 2boards 1steal

OJ - 7min 0pts(0-3...is he ever gonna make a shot?) 1block
    vs
    Quincy Miller - DNP
    Kyle O'Quinn - 7min(played yesterday) 4pts 4boards
    Doron Lamb - Off
    Will Barton - DNP

Preseason is just as meaningless as SL, but it's still good to know how players are starting to progress.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by hackashaq View Post
    it will be hilarious if Wes Johnson finally breaks out.
    Who really knows, but sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery. I still think it would have been nice to get him for nothing. Might have made Lance expendable, or even 3rd on the depth chart for sg and pg (even though I think Lance will be our X factor this season).

Then again, even Corey Brewer is putting up nice numbers so far.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-13-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Who really knows, but sometimes a player just needs a change of scenery. I still think it would have been nice to get him for nothing. Might have made Lance expendable, or even 3rd on the depth chart for sg and pg (even though I think Lance will be our X factor this season).

Then again, even Corey Brewer is putting up nice numbers so far.
    frankly, he looked hopeless last year. i'll be very surprised if he becomes solid. But so far so good.
    If he becomes a passable bench guy and Khan gave up a 1st rounder to get rid of him... damn.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Rookie update watch:

Plumlee - 24min 9pts 4boards 2TOs
    vs
    PJII - 30min 14pts 2boards 1steal

OJ - 7min 0pts(0-3...is he ever gonna make a shot?) 1block
    vs
    Quincy Miller - DNP
    Kyle O'Quinn - 7min(played yesterday) 4pts 4boards
    Doron Lamb - Off
    Will Barton - DNP

Preseason is just as meaningless as SL, but it's still good to know how players are starting to progress.
    Not that it matters but Will Barton has a bad groin he will be out awhile. Bad time to get injured likely wont be in the rotation early on because of it.

Really liked what I saw from Kravtsov in the 4th quarter. A bit oafish and lost on defense, but the guy has an absurd standing vertical leap, and power to go with it. I'd be ok with him backing up Drummond at C this season.

If Joe D does not cut Austin Daye tomorrow and sign Terrance Williams, I'm going to go ballistic. Terrance is light years better at everything. You don't even need to run plays for him. We NEED this guy. Sign him!
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-13-2012 at 01:47 AM.

Mood

Sports Logo

Gerald Green's crazy in-bounds alley-oop with 24.7 seconds left in the game:

witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sweet. A nice dish by little Hans and Pendergraph did a decent job of getting in the path of Green's man to give him an extra step of space too.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

Sweet play given the 6 second differential of the shot clock

Kanter, Drummond, Asik, all destroying people this preseason. Valanciunas. It's raining centers.

Drummond is the most physically gifted rookie I've seen in a pistons uni since grant hill.

Dont misunderstand; it's only preseason, but physically, he's got superstar potential. not all star, superstar. Him being bigger, stronger, faster than almost the entire league won't change in 2 weeks.

It's not just that this guy is big with a nice vertical. He is MOBILE. He moves around like a guy a foot shorter and 100 lbs lighter.

I would buy a ticket just to see him play. In fact, I am.

On a side note, Terrance Williams is being brought in as a point guard. Didn't see that coming.
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-14-2012 at 01:43 AM.