Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garbage from Colts-Packers thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Packers-Colts Thread

Yeah I've already explained that the ignore feature doesn't work here. Everyone knows that. I did have him on ignore for months but people just keep quoting him and then jumping all over the people who ask for others not to quote him. If I am going to have to see his posts anyway, then I might as well not use ignore. You can't simply "scroll past" it either. Why? Because EVERY SINGLE THREAD IS FILLED WITH IT! From top to bottom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's an obvious and blatant troll who for God knows what reason, has been given carte blanche to spew is ignorant ******** throughout both this and the Pacers forum, but if he's really ruining your time here to the point that you have to leave, the problem isn't really with him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't the reporting the post that was the backseat moderating, it was the posting and saying you did it with the "I hope the mods put you out of your misery and just ban you for good." that was the backseat moderating.
    This was my point.

Sadly, I must not have been clear enough to my point since others have done the same thing.

This situation is far more complicated, for a number of factors, that don't belong on the public board. Report a post if you feel necessary, and send a PM if you feel necessary. Use the ignore button and remember that it takes two (or more participants) for the thread to derail. If one guy is just talking to himself the thread and board are less likely to derail.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OlBlu has nudes of Shade.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This was my point.

Sadly, I must not have been clear enough to my point since others have done the same thing.

This situation is far more complicated, for a number of factors, that don't belong on the public board. Report a post if you feel necessary, and send a PM if you feel necessary. Use the ignore button and remember that it takes two (or more participants) for the thread to derail. If one guy is just talking to himself the thread and board are less likely to derail.

OK Fine, we'll try it your way. Again. Even though there's a mountain of evidence the size of Everest that it won't and can't work. As of now he's back on my ignore list. I guess I'll just report every post I see where someone quotes him and circumvents my ignore list.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

This situation is far more complicated, for a number of factors, that don't belong on the public board.
    What could possibly be complicated about this?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

I don't have him on ignore, but I skip every post I see by him or responding to him. Which unfortunately, ruins entire threads I'm interested in with people just arguing his ridiculous view points.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    ... but if he's really ruining your time here to the point that you have to leave, the problem isn't really with him.
    It certainly is. At least on the Colts side. He bothers me way less on the Pacer forum. From my perspective, what do I have to gain by going to a forum that I can no longer carry on any discernible conversation about? Not that I don't want to talk about the Colts, but I can't without having each discussion just absolutely destroyed.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This was my point.

Use the ignore button and remember that it takes two (or more participants) for the thread to derail. If one guy is just talking to himself the thread and board are less likely to derail.
    Disagree. It takes one person to derail a thread. Especially if that one person continues to exhibit the same behavior in thread after thread. I really don't like when people claim that it takes two to tango or the problem somehow resides in people like myself. I come here to have civilized mature conversation, some fun ribbing here and there, but I've been doing the same thing for over 8 years here and a good 4-6 years before that on RATS before I migrated here at its inception... the issue isn't with me. And like I said, the Ignore button is a poor solution.

I like this site; I wouldn't try to be a part of this community for damn near 15 years if I didn't find value in having a place where I can discuss two of my favorite things in a mature, civilized manner, as opposed to many other forums out there. It's people like Blu that I was inclined to move here from RATS in the first place. They take all the fun out of discussion.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exactly, and whatever complication is behind the scenes that doesn't belong in public... the repercussions of these "private complications" are most certainly public. And inexplicably, and unfortunately, it's us who are not in-the-know who are having to deal with it, and with zero explanation. Even with an explanation, there is nothing to justify why a person would come to these boards and conduct themselves the way he/she does.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.

I've got an idea for when people quote OlBlu. Ignore their posts.

You guys wonder why he trolls so much, when you take the hook, line, and sinker every time. Why would he stop? You're giving him the exact reaction he's looking for.

You can't control other people, but you can control yourselves.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    ...when you take the hook, line, and sinker every time...
    At some point you have to kick the person who's fishing on your property and ruining your lake out.

And no, I'm not claiming PD is my property, I'm just making an analogy.
    Last edited by travmil; 10-04-2012 at 01:45 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    You expect him to get carried off on a stretcher huh? That is completely asinine. Luck has only been sacked 5 times, a huge part of this is due to pocket awareness which is constant regardless of how good the pass rusher is. So Luck is getting sacked about 1.7 times a game. Compare that to Mr. Rodgers on the other side the ball who is getting sacked about 4 times a game or your boy RGIII who is getting sacked almost 3 times a game.

Rodgers has been sacked more this season than any other QB in the NFL. And if there is one thing the Colts D is at least halfway decent it's rushing the QB.
    See how easy that was everyone! Just point out the ridiculous of the post and move on.

I mean who really cares what Olblu thinks? He has proven himself woefully inept at anything football related time and time again.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sorry, but when a "Colts fan" comes on here and predicts our franchise starting quarterback will be carried out on a stretcher while a defender menaces him, I'm not gonna just sit there all "la la la pretty flowers".

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Sorry, but when a "Colts fan" comes on here and predicts our franchise starting quarterback will be carried out on a stretcher while a defender menaces him, I'm not gonna just sit there all "la la la pretty flowers".
    Again just point out how ridiculous his post are and move on. Theres no need to get personal about it with him. He's an old guy with a lot more time to be bitter about Irsays/Peytons decision.

So basically know a lost cause and move on. Refute his point with Facts (cats) and just laugh at how pathetic his points really are.

Here is a fun fact. The Packers average less passing yards per game than the Colts and only average one more point per game.

With Greg Jennings out this game could be a lot closer than I orginally predicted.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

If this was the first time this conversation took place, then I fully understand. Yet it's about the 15th time. There's always a reason to not sit there.

Well, PM's with questions to one or more of the admins would have been a better approach. I'm not aware of any PM's.

I'm not going to spell out his defense strategy here, for obvious reasons. But the more y'all make it public the more support you are giving to a defense strategy and the less flexiblity you leave with us to deal with him. This isn't going to be tried in the court of public opinion. As you can see, we already addressed the stretcher comment above.

As admins, we aren't enjoying this - both his ability to irritate everyone within (generally) the rules of PD and the public lynch mob that has formed.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

I think the reaction to OlBlu has been more detrimental than OlBlu himself. Threads wouldn't be ruined if people ignored what OlBlu was saying, or if they responded to him by arguing the merits of his posts.

We cut one of the greatest players in NFL history. While the overall consensus amongst Colts fans is that it was the right thing to do, you still can't expect every single fan to agree with it. OlBlu does seem to enjoy getting a reaction out of people, but he also seems willing to engage in rational discussion when posters don't fly off the handle.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol you all act like public backlash is not to be expected. No offense, but this is America. If someone is pissing everyone off, you betcha people are gonna speak up. We have as much of a right to voice our opinions as the "problem" who's instigating the responses.

There's one way the backlash goes away. Sticking our heads in the sand isn't exactly gonna fly forever.

It's frustrating for one person to be allowed to express his opinion, while we're all told not to.

Look, I'll give this one more go in the Colts forum. I'll set my frustration aside for the time being and move on, talk football like I would like to do. When he posts his inflammatory but mostly meaningless thoughts, I'll keep my mouth shut, But if I see Blu post another "stretcher"-like comment, there's no guarantee I'll be inclined to keep my thoughts to myself.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 03:42 PM.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Lol you all act like public backlash is not to be expected. No offense, but this is America. If someone is pissing everyone off, you betcha people are gonna speak up. We have as much of a right to voice our opinions as the butthole who's instigating the responses.

I never said that no one had a right to complain. I don't want to get into a rift with you over a single poster, because I love the input that you've been giving on the Colts/Luck in recent months, and I think that's far more important than our opinion of OlBlu. I'm just saying that as someone who reads this forum multiple times a day, I think the extreme reaction to Olblu has done more to derail threads than what Olblu himself says.

I know I'm just one person and my thoughts clearly aren't shared by the majority here. But he's just never really bothered me that much. I skim over what he says and respond to the posters who I feel like responding to.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

We have as much of a right to voice our opinions as the "problem" who's instigating the responses.
    You're not going to get him to stop being a troll by blowing up on him, when that's the reaction he's looking for.

You're falling for his trap, and then wanting someone else to stop him from setting it, when it's your choice to keep stepping in it.

But to each their own. Carry on.
    Last edited by Since86; 10-04-2012 at 03:59 PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Lol you all act like public backlash is not to be expected. No offense, but this is America. If someone is pissing everyone off, you betcha people are gonna speak up. We have as much of a right to voice our opinions as the "problem" who's instigating the responses.
    (Disregarding the entire universe of legal arguments around censorship in an internet message board setting...)

(Are you actually this dense, or are you actually trying to help him out?!? I can't tell anymore.)

Yep, you have that right. No one is denying you that. You have the right to give his defense all the help that you want to give it. You have the right to make the situation worse. If he were actually breaking the rules, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he's not (we've addressed the stretcher comment. To quote Earl, "let's please move on"), and you are making it clear that if we were to do what you want - to ban him because he's pissing you off, it would be because we're caving into the lynch mob and public opinion vs. maintaining the rules of PD. We aren't planning to go there.

Your choice to exercise that right is helping him stay around longer. Just because you exercise your rights does not preclude complications, such as actually, albeit inadvertently, bolstering his defense that he also has the right to state his opinions within the rules and shouldn't be kicked out just because people don't like what he has to say. (And, far more of the complaints we receive have to do with disliking his opinions than violations of PD's rules.)

But the more you make it about the fact that he pisses you off (not that he's breaking the rules, that he's pissing you off), the longer we have to wait for him to actually break the rules - MOST IMPORTANTLY - in an unprovoked way.

I'd rather you (plural) exercised the right to common sense, as that's also a right you have.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Mood

Unbelievable. I never thought I'd see admins defend a troll on a board that was founded primarily to get away from trolls. Have fun with him y'all. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Unbelievable. I never thought I'd see admins defend a troll on a board that was founded primarily to get away from trolls. Have fun with him y'all. I'm out.

Banning someone for being a contrarian who annoys people (and for the most part doesn't engage in personal attacks) is a dangerous precedent for a message board to set.

There has been some excellent Colts and NFL discussion over here in the last several months. One poster isn't worth leaving a board over. I sure hope you don't as I enjoy your posts here.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-04-2012 at 05:11 PM.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

If you leave a forum over a troll then the troll wins. Ignore him, he'll get hungry for attention and do something stupid and slip up, if it doesn't go entirely. Boom. No more troll.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: