Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garbage from Colts-Packers thread

Default Re: Packers-Colts Thread

I agree with Adam.
    Now I am ready for some football...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (Disregarding the entire universe of legal arguments around censorship in an internet message board setting...)

(Are you actually this dense, or are you actually trying to help him out?!? I can't tell anymore.)

Yep, you have that right. No one is denying you that. You have the right to give his defense all the help that you want to give it. You have the right to make the situation worse. If he were actually breaking the rules, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But he's not (we've addressed the stretcher comment. To quote Earl, "let's please move on"), and you are making it clear that if we were to do what you want - to ban him because he's pissing you off, it would be because we're caving into the lynch mob and public opinion vs. maintaining the rules of PD. We aren't planning to go there.

Your choice to exercise that right is helping him stay around longer. Just because you exercise your rights does not preclude complications, such as actually, albeit inadvertently, bolstering his defense that he also has the right to state his opinions within the rules and shouldn't be kicked out just because people don't like what he has to say. (And, far more of the complaints we receive have to do with disliking his opinions than violations of PD's rules.)

But the more you make it about the fact that he pisses you off (not that he's breaking the rules, that he's pissing you off), the longer we have to wait for him to actually break the rules - MOST IMPORTANTLY - in an unprovoked way.

I'd rather you (plural) exercised the right to common sense, as that's also a right you have.
    Excuse me???
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Unbelievable. I never thought I'd see admins defend a troll on a board that was founded primarily to get away from trolls. Have fun with him y'all. I'm out.
    No kidding. ChicagoJ has taken more public objection to my posts than he has OlBlu. Speaking of attacking, a moderator just called me dense and questioned my common sense.

So what am I supposed to say to that? It's good to know that if a troll comes a knockin', they're gonna be defended while I get told off publically.

Seriously considering my place here...
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2012 at 07:55 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    No kidding. ChicagoJ has taken more public objection to my posts than he has OlBlu. Speaking of attacking, a moderator just called me dense and questioned my common sense.

So what am I supposed to say to that? It's good to know that if a troll comes a knockin', they're gonna be defended while I get told off publically.

Seriously considering my place here...
    I'd hate to see you go. I appreciate your comments.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol you all act like public backlash is not to be expected. No offense, but this is America. If someone is pissing everyone off, you betcha people are gonna speak up. We have as much of a right to voice our opinions as the "problem" who's instigating the responses.

There's one way the backlash goes away. Sticking our heads in the sand isn't exactly gonna fly forever.

It's frustrating for one person to be allowed to express his opinion, while we're all told not to.

Look, I'll give this one more go in the Colts forum. I'll set my frustration aside for the time being and move on, talk football like I would like to do. When he posts his inflammatory but mostly meaningless thoughts, I'll keep my mouth shut, But if I see Blu post another "stretcher"-like comment, there's no guarantee I'll be inclined to keep my thoughts to myself.
    I don't understand why you just don't put me on ignore if I bother you so much. Censorship is a serious issue. I have not broken any rule. I made an over-the-top comment to make a point and perhaps it wasn't necessary to make that point. Other posters here go over-the-top on a regular basis. I have no problem with you at all and I would not want to see you or anyone else leave the forum. But, I also want to express my opinion that I happen to believe has merit and is correct. I don't make my comments to drive people to edge as some here suggest but to make people think and not just exercise their fandom......

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Because one poster responded to the "your comment wasn't necessary" feedback I gave him, issued a sorta apology, toned it down and moved on.

And other posters are ignoring my request, similar to a previous request Shade made last month, to keep the backseet moderating away and let us take care of it and those posters are still carrying on with the same agenda. I've requested three times for PMs instead of public posts if you have questions, comments, or feedback. You've ignored those requests. I've received exactly 0 PMs today.

I'm not particuarly happy with several of you today and most of you are posters that I've never, ever had a problem with. I'm not enjoying any of this. Meanwhile, only one poster has shown any resemblance of remorse.

My patience is being tested.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

Perhaps I should PM this, if so, I apologize.

Would it be possible to split this thread into another one (maybe an off topic forum) so we can keep this one on track to discussing the Colts - Packers?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Perhaps I should PM this, if so, I apologize.

Would it be possible to split this thread into another one (maybe an off topic forum) so we can keep this one on track to discussing the Colts - Packers?

good call. Its been so long since we've had to do it that I may not remember how.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post: