Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers Real Training Camp on NBATV

Default Re: Pacers Real Training Camp on NBATV

And now they're replaying boring talk from earlier.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Drinking game. Everytime Vogel says "mmkay". take a drink.

Mood

Nice to get this extended listen to Frank. He's covering a lot of ground.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And now they're replaying boring talk from earlier.
    This is a lot better than listening to Austin and the NBATV guy talk. We actually get to hear what Frank is trying to teach.

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gummy View Post
    This is a lot better than listening to Austin and the NBATV guy talk. We actually get to hear what Frank is trying to teach.
    Except we already heard all this at the beginning of the broadcast. You probably weren't watching yet.

Mood

Except we already heard all this at the beginning of the broadcast. You probably weren't watching yet.
    Nope, I missed the start. That is a bummer for those who have been watching the whole time!

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I guess I kinda knew what to expect from watching the Hornets one yesterday. I wish it was more footage of the team though.

Mood

PG just hit a beautiful turn around J.

Finally, some cool stuff happens in practice.... "we're going to step away."

Whoever is directing this should perhaps find another line of work. The people watching basketball practices in October want to see basketball, not fluff pieces.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

They better show the 12 minute scrimmage..
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

This is like a spoof of how to cover an NBA practice.

Mood

Now they are wrapping up - with commentators front and center again with guys going in and out of the frame in the background.

There were some good bits, but this was a mostly frustrating experience.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

You can not be serious.... They don't even show the scrimmage. Wow, I wish I didn't just waste 3 hours of time for that.

Mood

Any chance they edit it in a better way for the 1.5 hr version? Swap in some of the commentator footage with stuff from the cameras on the court?

They'd probably sooner cut court stuff to make room for the talky talk, huh?

That broadcast was an absolute disaster
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

In my 4 years of watching every team's training camp coverage, this was by far the worst coverage I've seen.

It's been said but I'll say it again. I'm watching training camp coverage on a Saturday, so I am probably a die-hard basketball fan. I want to see practice footage, not graphics of Division standings, flopping fines, banners, Croshere, etc. I enjoyed it but it could've been a lot better. That was 80% style, 20% substance.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Even hearing Frank twice is better than hearing Austin. So far he's already said that DJ could push for time with the first unit, causing Darren Collison to slide over to the 2....and he's confused George Hill with Paul George. And I'm still in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast on my DVR. Embarrassing that one of our own broadcasters doesn't know the team (or sucks at broadcasting)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkster View Post
    Even hearing Frank twice is better than hearing Austin. So far he's already said that DJ could push for time with the first unit, causing Darren Collison to slide over to the 2....and he's confused George Hill with Paul George. And I'm still in the first 30 minutes of the broadcast on my DVR. Embarrassing that one of our own broadcasters doesn't know the team (or sucks at broadcasting)
    I didn't listen much to Austin and the other guy. I was too busy trying to peer around their heads to try and see some of the practice. If you're still in the first 30 minutes then you probably haven't lost all hope yet. It'll happen. And then when they run Franks piece for the second time when you could be watching live action you'll change your tune.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    In my 4 years of watching every team's training camp coverage, this was by far the worst coverage I've seen.

It's been said but I'll say it again. I'm watching training camp coverage on a Saturday, so I am probably a die-hard basketball fan. I want to see practice footage, not graphics of Division standings, flopping fines, banners, Croshere, etc. I enjoyed it but it could've been a lot better. That was 80% style, 20% substance.
    It was like watching some kind of 2 hour pregame.

I didn't listen much to Austin and the other guy. I was too busy trying to peer around their heads to try and see some of the practice. If you're still in the first 30 minutes then you probably haven't lost all hope yet. It'll happen. And then when they run Franks piece for the second time when you could be watching live action you'll change your tune.
    I'm done with it the whole thing now. The broadcast was bad enough that I was just happy to be able to use my fastforward button when Frank came on the second time. I agree with your sentiment, they shouldn't have shown his talk twice and could have given us some quality live action..but the coverage has been so subpar that I can't convince myself that quality coverage would have replaced Frank's repeat talk.

All that being said, I'm very excited to see any of this sort of coverage on NBATV, so it was still worth it. Having some buzz around the team again is great. Thanks again to the OP for bringing the show to our attention.

Mood

Well, hey, a little later on all 82 games will be on TV. We've waited 4.5 months, we can wait a little longer. Plus a couple of TV preseason games, I think.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Please forgive me for being off topic, but does anyone know if League Pass airs the preseason games? I will be subscribing this year for the first time and will order it this weekend if they do. Thanks.

It's just one shot, but man did Lance's form look exponentially better on that made three. Perfect arc, good release, everything. It was noticeably different.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

They call that Real Training Camp?

More like Real Talk Show with basketball commercials.

Thank God Dallas was playing and I could switch from time to time or I would have eaten my Croshere jersey...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard View Post
    Please forgive me for being off topic, but does anyone know if League Pass airs the preseason games? I will be subscribing this year for the first time and will order it this weekend if they do. Thanks.
    Sadly, they do not.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post: