Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN: 10 Things to Watch in the East

Default Re: ESPN: 10 Things to Watch in the East

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Israel Gutierrez wrote the article, and he's a pretty hacky writer who never met a stale idea he wouldn't use. I do think there's a good chance the Pacers have a ceiling below the elite teams, but the Pacers last year were better than the Hawks ever were.
    The thing with the other elite teams is that they are either, Old(Lakers), Injury Prone(Heat) or about to be broken up(Thunder)

The Pacers have the advantage of continuity

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    What I hate about the Heat playing LeDecision at the PF spot is that he only plays the PF spot on the offensive end....he doesn't really play the PF spot on the defensive end.....Battier does. I remember in the Playoffs....LeDecision was getting pushed and shoved around in the paint by PFs like West....so much so that the Heat finally decided to have Battier defend the post.
    it's not Heat's concern to be play LeBron in a position that's easy for media and fans to define, though. They are just using him to the best of his abilities.

The only reason why the Heat put Battier at the 4 defensively is West lacked the ability to take advantage of it. Had West abused Battier like he should have, they once again would have been forced to play LBJ at the 4.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Israel Gutierrez wrote the article, and he's a pretty hacky writer who never met a stale idea he wouldn't use. I do think there's a good chance the Pacers have a ceiling below the elite teams, but the Pacers last year were better than the Hawks ever were.
    Yeah, I really dislike him as a writer. I don't have strong feelings about writers but I think he's pretty terrible. I really can't believe he's writing such high-profile pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    What I hate about the Heat playing LeDecision at the PF spot is that he only plays the PF spot on the offensive end....he doesn't really play the PF spot on the defensive end.....Battier does. I remember in the Playoffs....LeDecision was getting pushed and shoved around in the paint by PFs like West....so much so that the Heat finally decided to have Battier defend the post.
    Depends on the opponent. In the Heat-Celtics series, LeBron defended KG for long stretches, which is why he had so much foul trouble.

West is too strong and too clever for LeBron, who doesn't have much experience defending the post, but its incorrect to say that he doesn't guard other PFs. He definitely does.
    Last edited by King Tuts Tomb; 10-06-2012 at 01:55 AM.