Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NBA League Pass/Comcast

Default NBA League Pass/Comcast

I live in the Atlanta area and was a long time LP subscriber via Directv. Due to tree growth (i am backed up to woods), I have had to switch to Comcast, especially to finally get HD. Anyway, I am having a tough time finding out when I can subscribe to LP with Comcast. I know it is available (or i would not have made the switch!), but so far I have been unable to sign up. A customer service rep just kept telling me it is available October 30th, which of course I know is when the season starts, but I am sure folks can sign up in advance. I want to sign up and at the early bird price(179)
    . Also, in years past I was also able to get preseason games via LP. Can anyone give me the scoop on League Pass with Comcast (xfinity)?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA League Pass/Comcast

Eventually it'll open up, but it'll likely sometime 10-14 days before the season starts. I'd just keep checking, you'll definitely be able to get it set up before the season, don't worry at all.

Quote Originally Posted by threein73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I live in the Atlanta area and was a long time LP subscriber via Directv. Due to tree growth (i am backed up to woods), I have had to switch to Comcast, especially to finally get HD. Anyway, I am having a tough time finding out when I can subscribe to LP with Comcast. I know it is available (or i would not have made the switch!), but so far I have been unable to sign up. A customer service rep just kept telling me it is available October 30th, which of course I know is when the season starts, but I am sure folks can sign up in advance. I want to sign up and at the early bird price(179)
    . Also, in years past I was also able to get preseason games via LP. Can anyone give me the scoop on League Pass with Comcast (xfinity)?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!
    I live in the Atlanta area too dude. I really want to get LP too, but not sure I'll get it. Kinda torn on this...just not sure I'd watch enough games to make it worth my while. I'd def do it just for post-season.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

That's funny, I also live in the Atlanta area, I also just recently moved and also had to switch from DirecTV to Comcast because of the trees in our new yard. Maybe we're neighbors.

Hope you're having beetter luck with Comcast than I have. It's been two months and after three service calls and four different boxes, I still don't have service that works properly. I've had more problems in the first two months than I had in eight years with DirecTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Smits Happens View Post
    That's funny, I also live in the Atlanta area, I also just recently moved and also had to switch from DirecTV to Comcast because of the trees in our new yard. Maybe we're neighbors.

Hope you're having beetter luck with Comcast than I have. It's been two months and after three service calls and four different boxes, I still don't have service that works properly. I've had more problems in the first two months than I had in eight years with DirecTV.
    I have been living in Atlanta for around 7 years or so. Have had Comcast for the past 3.5years and only had to replace the cable box once. No problems at all.

Now really free Lance!

Smits Happens, It's me, your IU friend who went to game (half ) with you last season! Anyway, yeah, the switch to Comcast has been a pain, but, like I said, was necessary due to tree growth. We had DTV since moving here in 98 and loved it.. to include getting the non-aired preseason games! Have not had problems with cable box, but have had to call several times already with billing problems..to include actually getting the"triple play" advertised prices that i signed up for, not to mention those prices are inaccurate anyway due to extra charges for modem, hddvr, etc.. but aside from that, I was finally able to sign up for LP (of course i'll believe it when i actually watch a regular non-freeviewed game). I've already tried to activate LP Broadband, but of course got the message that my account number could not be activated.. we'll see..

Woohoo, Atlanta Pacers fans represent!

I just went the NBA LP Broadband route. For those of you with a Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Gold, I believe they're putting out a NBA LP app that can be added and used to watch games!
    Last edited by rel; 10-12-2012 at 04:27 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

cgg

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    Woohoo, Atlanta Pacers fans represent!

I just went the NBA LP Broadcast route. For those of you with a Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Gold, I believe they're putting out a NBA LP app that can be added and used to watch games!
    Wow I might consider getting it then, you know when they are coming out with that app?

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Wow I might consider getting it then, you know when they are coming out with that app?
    Just looked up online, supposedly 2012 Fall. So it should be good for the start of this season.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/sports

**Coming Fall 2012. Out of market and blackout restrictions apply in the U.S. and some international markets. Xbox Gold Membership and NBA.com League Pass Broadband subscription required in the U.S., NBA League Pass subscription required outside of the U.S.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    Just noticed you were in Crawfordsville. Pacers games may be blacked out in your area through NBA LP, so you may want to check before subscribing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

So does the LP boradband or mobile LP black out home games?

Quote Originally Posted by PD GameBattles 2k13 View Post
    I would think only if you are local.

Now really free Lance!

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Just noticed you were in Crawfordsville. Pacers games may be blacked out in your area through NBA LP, so you may want to check before subscribing.
    Alright thanks, still might look into it just so I can have some games to watch when the Pacers aren't playing.

Ok, I can get NBA League Pass for TV/Online/Mobile for $179

Online only for $179 Um, why is online just as much as TV/Online/Mobile??? That's ****ed up.

Mobile for $49.99

Now really free Lance!

Depends on where you live. Most of Indiana will not be able to watch any Pacers games on LP because it is available on basic cable in your area.

Depends on where you live. Most of Indiana will not be able to watch any Pacers games on LP because it is available on basic cable in your area.
    This will sound real stupid Im sure, but even with mobile LP they know Im local? And is there a way around that. I cant afford $100+ bill from Sat or Cable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This will sound real stupid Im sure, but even with mobile LP they know Im local? And is there a way around that. I cant afford $100+ bill from Sat or Cable.
    I'm pretty sure I remember Lakers and Clippers games being blacked out here. Maybe there's a proxy app that can get around it like on a PC?

I posted on another thread, but is anyone's league pass broadband working? I know people got it to work for the last Pacers game, but since yesterday when I go to load up the console the page stays blank.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Goyle For This Useful Post:

Another LP/Comcast question. So far the preseason games on LP have not been in HD. Will the regular season LP games be in HD?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by threein73 View Post
    Another LP/Comcast question. So far the preseason games on LP have not been in HD. Will the regular season LP games be in HD?
    For my Comcast, there is only 1 game that is broadcasted in HD. Since the NBA hates the Pacers, there is a very good change that NONE of those HD games will involve the Pacers...unless they play some big market team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Thanks, one more question..why isn't game on now, it is listed to be on 471!

Dutch Pacers Fan

So, I decided that it would be in my best interest to not stay up every single night and go to work with hardly any sleep. So I bought International LP. They are so fast with taking the money out of your bankaccount, but once that is done, I received an error, some strange code and now I don't have LP, but did lose 179 euro. Sent them an e-mail but they are not very quick at replying. Anybody have an idea what is normally the time it takes them to get back to you? That's an awful lot of money to worry about... so hoping to get this resolved quickly!
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

On the phone with Comcast now.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Forgot it was Sunday. Closed.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pacersgroningen View Post
    So, I decided that it would be in my best interest to not stay up every single night and go to work with hardly any sleep. So I bought International LP. They are so fast with taking the money out of your bankaccount, but once that is done, I received an error, some strange code and now I don't have LP, but did lose 179 euro. Sent them an e-mail but they are not very quick at replying. Anybody have an idea what is normally the time it takes them to get back to you? That's an awful lot of money to worry about... so hoping to get this resolved quickly!
    You'll hear from them tomorrow I'd imagine. I wouldn't worry.

my experience is they get back to you in an hour tops

I watched the game without any problems whatsoever i simply think international lp broadband is well priced (compared to nfl) and smooth sailing.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!