Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2K13 - Official Thread

Sports Logo

Default Re: 2K13 - Official Thread

CPU offensive rebounding is awfully bugged. It's not the Pacers, it's the game. That aspect is broken. Other than that the game looks good. Except it feels more like Jay-Z 2k13 and not NBA 2k13! Soundtrack's pretty good, but lacks the variation it always had - 2k10, 11, 12 all had unknown talented artists. I haven't heard too many yet.

The Association is very fun for us this year. We have many different trade chips. Hill+Green or Augustin+Green could get decent point guards like Conley, Lawson, Curry
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

Mood

Where do most of your assists come from? Pick and roll, drive and kick, calling plays?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Where do most of your assists come from? Pick and roll, drive and kick, calling plays?
    Mostly drive and dish.

If you use the 2K view, you can get a good amount of assists on outlet passes. Right now, Wesley Mathews is a beast on outlets. He seems to be wide open running down the side and throw it to him for a wide open spot up 3.

I'd seriously have had 30 assists, no joke, but damn, McGee is terrible. Could not make a simple layup in the game. 7ft tall and the game makes bigs layup the ball way too much.

I'm trying to call more pick n rolls and stuff with the LB button, but I seriously suck at it right now. I've mostly been working on my dribble moves, and I'm getting better at beating my guy of the dribble now. I'm too slow still to get too far ahead of my guy before he recovers.

The Dimer signature skill is simply a must! Saved me from what looked like a sure TO for than a few times.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    CPU offensive rebounding is awfully bugged. It's not the Pacers, it's the game. That aspect is broken. Other than that the game looks good. Except it feels more like Jay-Z 2k13 and not NBA 2k13! Soundtrack's pretty good, but lacks the variation it always had - 2k10, 11, 12 all had unknown talented artists. I haven't heard too many yet.

The Association is very fun for us this year. We have many different trade chips. Hill+Green or Augustin+Green could get decent point guards like Conley, Lawson, Curry
    Ronnie 2K tweeted that the dev team is working on toning down offensive rebounding in a future patch. Not sure it'll be the next patch, which should be around opening night for the NBA, but it should come. It's pretty ridiculous. I'm boxing out and still get guys rebounding over me.

My only other complaint right now is how it seems all big men and guys that typically dunk are laying it up in the game....and missing at a high rate. Can't tell you how many assists I should have had due to a big man not dunking the ball but going up for a lame *** layup and just straight up missing.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not going to play the game again until they fix rebounding. It is maddening.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Finally got traded to the Pacers. Sheesh. For a 1st and 2nd rounder.

They slotted me as the starting SG moving PG to sf and Granger to PF.

Oh, but I had a plan from the beginning. Saved all my drills and VC points. Pumped most of my points into Awareness to get my overall rating up. I'm now the starting pg and everyone's positions are normal. They actually have Green as the 6th man instead of Hill.

Poor Lance is only going to get 6min/game now. I bet Hill will play more minutes at the backup sg spot. Too late to play my first game, so I look forward to tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-17-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Finally got traded to the Pacers. Sheesh. For a 1st and 2nd rounder.

They slotted me as the starting SG moving PG to sf and Granger to PF.

Oh, but I had a plan from the beginning. Saved all my drills and VC points. Pumped most of my points into Awareness to get my overall rating up. I'm not the starting pg and everyone's positions are normal. They actually have Green as the 6th man instead of Hill.

Poor Lance is only going to get 6min/game now. I bet Hill will play more minutes at the backup sg spot. Too late to play my first game, so I look forward to tomorrow night.
    Comments on PD: "First Plumlee, now this?? **** this"
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody play on ps3?

I'm earning VC from my cell phone, in bed.

There's an app for Android and iPhone that has games for your MyCareer, and MyTeam. Looks like a much faster way of getting VC than even playing games.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mynb...566667470?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nba2k&hl=en_GB

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I'm earning VC from my cell phone, in bed.

There's an app for Android and iPhone that has games for your MyCareer, and MyTeam. Looks like a much faster way of getting VC than even playing games.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mynb...566667470?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nba2k&hl=en_GB
    Me too. Only thing that sucks is that you only get 25VC instead of the 50 it says you are supposed to get.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Anybody interested in a "Pacers Digest Association" ? Trying to get around 10 to 15 people.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    Anybody interested in a "Pacers Digest Association" ? Trying to get around 10 to 15 people.
    Sure.

I was MVP and 1st Team All-NBA but not an all star.

First game with the Pacers was against the Bulls. 17pts 6boards 17assists 2steals 3blocks 4TOs.

All three blocks were on Rose layups.

Could not score on Rose. Dude has all world defense in this game. I only scored against the backups...and that's what I concentrated on. Backups are in, attack and score.

Glad 2K got some players right this time around. Rose kept attacking on me all game! 2K12, all point guards acted the same, mostly dribbling, holding on to the ball. So, it's not fun going against some of these guys now. hahaha I'm glad it's a bit more realistic. Only bad thing is that I kept Rose in front of me and played great defense the majority of the time and he'd still score and go against my overall Team Grade. I mean, what more can I do?? I don't think I should be penalized like that. I played as good of defense as you can. Rose is just so good. Pretty frustrating.

Got the win, so take that Rose!
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-21-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Now really free Lance!

I've realized it's just flat out imperative to play all the games out early. I've probably played 25 of the 33 games on this game so far. I'm up to 41 minutes per game on the rotation screen. I picked at athletic SG to start so my shooting ratings kinda suck. My inefficient ways on offense will probably cost me the rookie of the year. I'm gonna have to stop being a ball hog and be more picky with my shots.

I keep telling the GM I want Jeremy Lin gone. Anyway, here's my start so far.

MyCareer.jpg

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I've realized it's just flat out imperative to play all the games out early. I've probably played 25 of the 33 games on this game so far. I'm up to 41 minutes per game on the rotation screen. I picked at athletic SG to start so my shooting ratings kinda suck. My inefficient ways on offense will probably cost me the rookie of the year. I'm gonna have to stop being a ball hog and be more picky with my shots.

I keep telling the GM I want Jeremy Lin gone. Anyway, here's my start so far.

MyCareer.jpg
    I have made three players and all three were drafted by Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I have made three players and all three were drafted by Houston.
    Houston is a terrible team to get drafted too. I also played a short stint with the Nuggets...who were atrocious. Portland has a very nice team.

Pacers are awesome in this game!

Now really free Lance!

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

i got drafted by Rockets as well! then after 10 games I asked for a trade cause that team was just a mess. I am a 6'1 PG yet the coach was playing me at times as a small forward. I'm now on the Suns - and after playing 34 games I've finally cracked the starting line up. I've been averaging 15 assists and 13 points a game during my time with the Suns so far but my shooting percentage is horrible - 29% FG and 27% from 3pt. Have been spending my points on improving my dunking ability so I could dunk. Now that I can I'm focusing on bringing up my shooting skills a bit.

Mood

My little 5'10" PG got drafted by Houston, my 7'0" 255lbs C got drafted 6th by Portland.

I am thinking of making a 6'11" athletic C/PF.

The only thing that sucks is that I've used all my VC for my pg. I'll need to work on getting VC again for my C? Just not sure I want to do that. It's a pain cause you don't get enough VC playing My Career games. So I'll have to play loads of blacktop or breakdown and buy VC (which I don't ever want to do).

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I am thinking of making a 6'11" athletic C/PF.

The only thing that sucks is that I've used all my VC for my pg. I'll need to work on getting VC again for my C? Just not sure I want to do that. It's a pain cause you don't get enough VC playing My Career games. So I'll have to play loads of blacktop or breakdown and buy VC (which I don't ever want to do).
    There is a glitch that they really cant patch (due to the way they have construted the VC system) that I use. What you do is when you get to the end of a really really good key game. (like an A+ grade that will net you 500+ skill points

I just save and exit with 2 seconds or so left and just keep going in ending the game (uploading the skill points to the server)and before the presser go to the dashboard and keep doing the process. You can get 20k in a very short period of time like 30mins.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Just barely got my first triple-dub. I had 9 rebounds a little before the 3rd quarter and it took me till almost 1min left in the 4th to get it.

19pts 10boards 15dimes 2steals Only shot 35%

I think I might try Simulation style. I honestly don't know what the difference is, but the default seems messed up. I miss so many easy layups, as well as my teammates. I miss wide open 3s. Maybe on simulation I won't. Just frustrating to continue to shoot under 40%, I don't force shots. I either spot up for a wide open shot or get by my defender to go in for what should be an easy layup. Sometimes there is contact and I miss, which I'm fine with, but there are almost never any foul calls! Why can't they ever get the foul calls right? I got my head almost taken off by a help defender as I'm going in for a layup, and no foul called!!

Now really free Lance!

Finally got my trade to the Pacers after about eight different teams MEM -> CHL -> NO -> BOS -> DET -> WSH -> HOU -> GSW -> IND.

Thank you anonymous GSW GM!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

I don't miss very many 'easy' layups. Maybe your view of what is considered easy is a bit off from the games definition. I also think there's a distinct difference between a layup and a close shot that is hard to define. I've only missed a couple layups without contact. It's obviously dependant on your ratings as well and signature skills. I have the acrobat skill that I got because I seem to for whatever reason, hit the shoot button multiple times on drives. I also have the finisher skill.

I shoot about 4 FTA's a game, too. I drive a lot though. In 44 games in my season so far I've shot like 20 three's or so. Most everything I get is on the drive. To get fouls just like in real life you have to initiate the contact. When I'm trying to avoid contact or trying to get the 'most open' shot around the rim I can get I don't get any FT's.

Holy crap, I'm ready to punch Rockets coach McHale in his face. I was getting 32 minutes per game at SG and I was the starter. Then I had this game.

23 points, 13 rebounds (2 offensive), 10 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 10-17 FG, 3-4 FT, 4 fouls

My first triple double, FTL! For the next game I LOST 5 minutes per game and am now the 6th man. WTF?