Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2K13 - Official Thread

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: 2K13 - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy crap, I'm ready to punch Rockets coach McHale in his face. I was getting 32 minutes per game at SG and I was the starter. Then I had this game.

23 points, 13 rebounds (2 offensive), 10 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 2 turnovers, 10-17 FG, 3-4 FT, 4 fouls

My first triple double, FTL! For the next game I LOST 5 minutes per game and am now the 6th man. WTF?
    I just got benched myself and have been trying hard to get back to the starting line up - been avg 20+ points and 13+ assists the last 3 games and getting all A+ yet no dice...finally went to the GM to tell him to fix this...will see what he does

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    Holy crap, I'm ready to punch Rockets coach McHale in his face. I was getting 32 minutes per game at SG and I was the starter. Then I had this game.
    He did it to me during my stopover there.... Lit it up, had us up 10 in the fourth against LAL, sits me down and not only does the Lakers come back to tie it and sent it to OT, we LOSE the game in OT with me sitting for all but the last 10 seconds or so.

Went straight to the GM, ripped the coach then DEMANDED a trade.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

The only thing that is frustrating with the Pacers is they play Green at the sg spot way more than sf. Lance rarely gets to play.

On top of that, they played me at SF for 10min!! Hill was pg and Green was sg. I'm 6'****ing4". What the hell man. My team grade took a beating cause I couldn't defend the SF spot. They just kept shooting right over me. Good lord, but I hope that doesn't continue. I tried calling 2 TOs, one after a minute and another about 2 minutes later. Not a single change. Anyone else get played out of position that puts you in a complete mismatch situation?

Struggled shooting again, 35% (forgot to try simulation). Missed loads of wide open shots (70 short/close/mid 85 3pt). Missed so many layups(90 layup rating and Finisher sig skill)/close shots...loads of contact yet only went to the line 1 time. Ugh! Got blocked twice, but I was trying to jump shoot-pass over my defender, but ended up shooting and getting blocked. Hmmmmm.... Called more pick n rolls...still can't figure this out. Both defenders seem to immediately bum rush me, so it's difficult to try and pass.

I don't want to feel like I'm complaining about all that. While it certainly sucks, I'm sure things will get better. Just part of being a rookie. hahaha The reason I bring this up, is that everyone else in the game shoots like 60%+, yet I'm the ONLY person that can't seem to hit a shot. I mean, just played OKC and dropped 130 points on them...only 22 were mine! Heh, they only got 90.

22pts 6boards 18dimes 6 steals. Harden kept bringing the ball up, so I helped double team him and kept getting steals. Stupid Harden.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-27-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I get played at PF quite a bit, and I'm a 6'6 shooting guard. So I just made sure I put points in post defense to do the best I could do with it. I also make sure I abuse them on the offense. I get the ball and call for a clear out to take the PF off the dribble.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a heads up for everyone, because this happened to me.

I came home from work one morning and the servers were down. I had two options...not to play or to play offline and my VC would be changed to SP. I really wanted to play so I chose to play offline and I figured that it would just change the SP to VC when the servers came back up. Turns out, I was wrong! Any VC earned by playing any other mode where VC is earned (or bought) will NOT transfer over to your My Player (even though you can still earn VC in other game modes). So once you choose to play it offline, you're stuck playing it offline.

I did some digging around and apparently Ronnie 2k sent out a tweet saying they're aware of the problem and to contact tech support and they would give you "options". Apparently the ONLY way to fix it is to start over and they'll even delete your My Player from their end if you choose to. You will lose any and all VC you've earned or bought, and they won't refund any VC that you bought.

I have noticed that the VC and SP are equal, so there's no advantage over the other. But, I now have only two avenues of being able to upgrade my player...through in game SP and drills, and that is a little difficult unless you play every single freaking game.

I haven't called them yet, but will most likely call them when I wake up in the morning/afternoon to see if anything has changed on their end, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flibertygibits View Post
    Just a heads up for everyone, because this happened to me.

I came home from work one morning and the servers were down. I had two options...not to play or to play offline and my VC would be changed to SP. I really wanted to play so I chose to play offline and I figured that it would just change the SP to VC when the servers came back up. Turns out, I was wrong! Any VC earned by playing any other mode where VC is earned (or bought) will NOT transfer over to your My Player (even though you can still earn VC in other game modes). So once you choose to play it offline, you're stuck playing it offline.

I did some digging around and apparently Ronnie 2k sent out a tweet saying they're aware of the problem and to contact tech support and they would give you "options". Apparently the ONLY way to fix it is to start over and they'll even delete your My Player from their end if you choose to. You will lose any and all VC you've earned or bought, and they won't refund any VC that you bought.

I have noticed that the VC and SP are equal, so there's no advantage over the other. But, I now have only two avenues of being able to upgrade my player...through in game SP and drills, and that is a little difficult unless you play every single freaking game.

I haven't called them yet, but will most likely call them when I wake up in the morning/afternoon to see if anything has changed on their end, but I doubt it.
    I can see why they won't refund your VC. Once you add it to a player, you can't get it back. So even if you still had VC and started a new My Player, you wouldn't have any VC to put on him anyhow. Not really a deal breaker, but if you didn't want to delete your My Player, then yeah, that certainly sucks.

I basically play offline anyway. I don't really have time to play online and stuff. Just play a game or two a week, and that's about all I can do.

Now really free Lance!

After reading up on Simulation, not sure I want to use that. I should give it a try. I watched a youtube vid by Chris Smoove, and he basically said that CPU players get tired more quickly than on default which leads to more misses. This could be a good thing. My last game the Pacers scored 134 points. I forget what the opposing team had, but it was around 100. I may need to try it just for my teammates. They rarely freaking miss. PG is shooting like 60% overall and 55% from 3!! What gives with these shooting %s? Smoove also said it should make it easier to win on. Not like I need that. I can try a harder difficulty setting and see if that changes things too.

Has anyone used both default and simulation? Which one did you like best?

Last game 31pts (career high) 6boards 11dimes 6steals 7TOs. Most of those TOs were just stupid stupid mistakes. I didn't icon pass several times and it didn't go to the person I wanted to. Before this game, I was doing rather well with a 2TO and 1TO game.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roster update is ****ing awful

seriously i can do a better job than these clowns 2k use

HIRE ME
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    Roster update is ****ing awful

seriously i can do a better job than these clowns 2k use

HIRE ME
    They had a another roster update? I did hear a patch and roster update were supposed to come out when the season started. They leaving people out or are the ratings off on people in your opinion?

I honestly don't care if they are leaving off scrub players. Like they'd play much in game anyhow.

Now really free Lance!

this my career is frustrating...one game I'm a starter, the next the 6th man off the bench and I'm putting up MVP numbers in the last 2 months of game time (30ppt 13ast) and getting selected as the player of the game...yet no love from the coach...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    this my career is frustrating...one game I'm a starter, the next the 6th man off the bench and I'm putting up MVP numbers in the last 2 months of game time (30ppt 13ast) and getting selected as the player of the game...yet no love from the coach...
    Yeah, no kidding. Getting put at the SF and PF position and coach yells at me when I allow my man to score. WTF!! I'm a pg guarding a big guy. How about you stop being a dumbass coach!

Last game I had 5TOs and did allow my guy to score a few time...and I lost 5 minutes of playing time despite getting a triple double!!!

Now really free Lance!

Love the game. Some parts of the gameplay need improvement. Finishing at the rim is not that good and rebounding is bad as well. The presentation is awesome
    "We want Miami"

Dream Big

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdog23 View Post
    Finishing at the rim is not that good and rebounding is bad as well.
    Not with Omer Asik!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Yeah, no kidding. Getting put at the SF and PF position and coach yells at me when I allow my man to score. WTF!! I'm a pg guarding a big guy. How about you stop being a dumbass coach!

Last game I had 5TOs and did allow my guy to score a few time...and I lost 5 minutes of playing time despite getting a triple double!!!
    I'm complaining to the GM every chance I get - and the game after that I'm back in the starter position - but as soon as that game is over I'm back in the bench....it feels like I'm McRoberts and my coach is JOB - everything I do is irrelevant...

My 6 6 pg just took over kyrie Irving's starting job yeah...suck it. Lol
    No I just pass alot and only shoot if it's a steal or a dunk.

Had a very good game. 27pts 6boards 13dimes 2steals and 1block (first block in 4 games, ugh!) 4TOs, but 3 of them were complete BS.

Hopefully that shuts coach up for awhile.

I'm noticing on outlet passes, if I call for the ball, they sail over my head a lot. Once was from Granger, and we honestly weren't that far apart and he thew it over my head into the seats. C'mon, even in real life, I never see passes that bad unless they are full court heaves.

This game is very very good, but I'm just noticing some of the kinks a bit more. Doesn't take away from how much I like the game, but they can be a bit annoying. Like for instance, PG was averaging 2steals a game before I got traded there. Now he rarely gets a steal in game. Almost no one on my team gets steals other than me. I rarely see blocks too. It's only when I'm out of the game, that the team gets some steals and blocks. That really takes away from the game IMO cause it seems you can't rely on your teammates to play good defense and come up with some big plays. They all seem so dumb on defense.

Some guard was posting me up and I was completely fine. Then for no reason Faried (yes, I put him on the Pacers for West...and he's beastly) decided to leave his man and come over and help, leaving his man wide open under the basket!!!! WTF!! Really wish 2K would step up the AI. It's really difficult to get by your man most of the time, yet no one else on the court seems to have this problem. It's only the guy guarding me has all the sudden become the defensive player of the year. It's complete crap. Even if I get a PF switched off me, I'll try to break him down with some dribble moves and speed by him, but I can't (and I have 93 speed and quickness). Just detracts somewhat from a pretty good overall game.

Now really free Lance!

I rebound shy of a triple double. Darn it.

33pts 9boards 11assists 1steal 1block

4TOs and 2 were complete crap. A backcourt violation that I got pushed back on, and even out of bounds on the side that I got bumped out on. Hope they fix that soon, they should be fouls.

Now really free Lance!

So I'm plugging along, playing a game here and a game there. I'm about 30 games into the season. Been starting for the Pacers since I arrived. Had a string of solid games, and then I had a game where I thought I completely dominated getting 40pts 7boards 11dimes 5steals. I have never had more than 2 or 4 dunks in a game, and I swear it felt like every time I scored it was a dunk or a layup. Never played like this, and all this was against John Wall! haha However, I did have 5TOs, but the coach never called me out on this. 2 of them came on lobs when I had a 1 on 2 fast break and the lobs are so *****ing low. I don't get why 2K can't get the alley ooops right. Shouldn't be so difficult to throw a lob on fast breaks with just a point guard. Seems forever since I've thrown a successful lob. I've basically stopped doing it, but these were fast breaks and thought it would work. Ugh!

Well, I looked to see if my minutes went up, and now I am coming off the bench!!? Seriously, I get the 5TOs were bad, but the team blew out a terrible team and I flat out dominated. Plus, I was just named Rookie and Player of the Month. I wish the bugs will get fixed.

Luckily, I *****ed about it to the GM and he said he agreed with my utter dominance. I'm back to being a starter. Whew!

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

new roster update is out, i've heard.... has Lance been upgraded?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    new roster update is out, i've heard.... has Lance been upgraded?
    I was on yesterday, and I didn't see any upgrades for the Pacers. Lance is still at a 59. Should be at a 69.

Yesterday I finally got my starting pg spot back and then was just reckless with 5TOs and lost it again. This game can really be dumb. *sigh* Another 5 games probably till I get the starting job back.

Now really free Lance!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:

Got the Pacer and NBA record for assists in a game. I've never had more than 22 in a game before, but guys were shooting the ball every time I passed it to them. 31 assists!

20pts 10boards 31assists 2steals 4TOs.

Don't think I'll ever be able to do it again, but that was pretty fun. The game before I had 22. I'm should change my nickname to Dimer from A-Train.

Now really free Lance!