Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2K13 - Official Thread

Mood

Default Re: 2K13 - Official Thread

*edit* Nevermind. It can't be the same as 2k12 because of the shot stick now needing the left trigger instead.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    *edit* Nevermind. It can't be the same as 2k12 because of the shot stick now needing the left trigger instead.
    That can be changed. Thank god I found how to change it back to the 2k12 style, that was driving me crazy not having my shot stick work anymore.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Watched a tutorial for the eurostep. Just double tap X? I could of sworn the menu said something else. Like move the dribble stick left to right or something. Will need to test out tonight.

Watching loads of isomotion tutorials. Gonna be a straight baller soon...might even start scoring more. I've always been a player that plays tough D and get a boatload of assists.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-08-2012 at 12:57 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats odd im in game #6 and just got named starter for the Tblazers at pg. (I play every game though)

I was drafted 6th overall and after I sold a few cards in MyTeam mode(like I said got very lucky and got a Hibbert in a booster pack I had 20k or so to give my player).

you only get more minutes if you play the games but once I get 35mpg or so I will start simming but simming before that isnt smart you wont get more PT unless you play the game yourself.

But the AI is unreal in mycareer this year the Blazers are so fun to play with they actually play smart and not stupid like last year.

Damian Lillard and I are like Joe Dumars and Isaiah Thomas back court unstoppable. Aldridge and Hickson are really awesome guys to play with make my job as a pg easy.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Thats odd im in game #6 and just got named starter for the Tblazers at pg. (I play every game though)

I was drafted 6th overall and after I sold a few cards in MyTeam mode(like I said got very lucky and got a Hibbert in a booster pack I had 20k or so to give my player).

you only get more minutes if you play the games but once I get 35mpg or so I will start simming but simming before that isnt smart you wont get more PT unless you play the game yourself.

But the AI is unreal in mycareer this year the Blazers are so fun to play with they actually play smart and not stupid like last year.

Damian Lillard and I are like Joe Dumars and Isaiah Thomas back court unstoppable. Aldridge and Hickson are really awesome guys to play with make my job as a pg easy.
    Def think I'm going to start over and not tank the Rookie Showcase in order to try and get drafted by the Pacers. Just hasn't worked out and the Rockets freaking suck. Lin is the biggest ball hog in the game. Never passes, does nothing but drive for layups. I'll shoot to get drafted as high as possible, and worry about getting traded later.

Just sucks that I blew 2K VC on my current My Player.

Now really free Lance!

Mood

wait NVM Wes Mathewws was hurt now that he is healthy I am down to 15mpg wow that is stupid. I was averaging 15pts and 20dimes as the SG(while I was starting even though im a 6'2 167lb pg )with 30mpg but now that he is back im benched

I might be about to say something that is relaly controversial, but I fear 2k has fallen hook, line, and sinker into the Madden trap. Lots of shiny options covering up a pretty ****** and poorly programmed game.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    I might be about to say something that is relaly controversial, but I fear 2k has fallen hook, line, and sinker into the Madden trap. Lots of shiny options covering up a pretty ****** and poorly programmed game.
    I disagree Madden's engine sucks and the gameplay is awful. 2k Has great gameplay but they always have a very buggy game that needs patched.

I think 2K just makes way too many changes. 2K11 was just great and just needed some minor tweaks. 2K12 was a completely different game that was buggy as hell.

2K13 is close to 2K11, but is def more flawed. Rebounding is an issue that I hope gets solved. The auto save was just a stupid stupid move. I should be able to turn that off. I'm really digging it though, it's actually a lot harder than 2K11 and 2K12 if you ask me.

to pacer4ever...how do you avg 20assists/game? When I get starter minutes, I'm usually around 11-15 constantly, getting an occasional 20+ assist night. Never had more than 23 though. I'll have teammates miss point blank shots and layups...so I'm amazing how some people get so many assists.

Now really free Lance!

Started over and played more for real.

16pts 8boards 8assists and 1 steal.

Absolutely went cold in the second half...couldn't get to the rim like I did in the first half and couldn't hit jump shots. I always used Jordan's shot in previous games, so I had to choose a new one and couldn't get the timing down, and you can't practice the shot before the Rookie Showcase.

Only had a B grade cause my man kept scoring on me. Got drafted 11th overall to the Trailblazers. Euro stepped a few times, and served back to back alley oops to Barnes. Of course he layed those up too...lame!

Just need to play my 5 games now and request my trade.

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

If anybody wants to play 2K13 with me on 360 Add me. Haste Th3 Day (Apparently I'm not allowed to play with the GB squad)
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Played my first 3 games with the Trailblazers. I've played pretty good and my minutes have gone up each game. I checked the rotation and I'm already at 23 min.

Just can't shoot or score to save my life. I've missed every layup I've attempted...EVERY layup! Some were contested for sure, but c'mon, I can't even get a foul called even though I'm bumped and thrown to the ground.

4pts 2boards, 5assists. No steals and just 1 block through 3 games.

2 more games till I make my trade request to the Pacers!

Now really free Lance!

Holy crap, I can't make a layup to save my life. I'll get bumped and knocked down in the lane and they never call a foul! Seriously has me fuming.

Also, I was boxing out perfectly, and they still got the offensive rebound over me. WTF!

They better patch the offensive rebounding...this is simply crazy. Teams get more offensive rebounds than we do defensive. Good lord.

Despite that and not being able to make any shots, I've come so close to a triple double my last 3 games. Keep getting like 8pts, 7boards, 9assists. So close.

Anyone else pass to guys under the basket only to see them pass right out of the post instead of taking it up??? This has happened to me multiple times already, sometimes more than once a game.

Now really free Lance!

Played my 5th game this morning. Had my best yet, but still shooting the ball horribly...a lot of missed layups. Because of that, I used my skill points for Finisher signature skill. Also picked up Floor General. I did increase my passing a little and steals, but I'm not putting any more points into skills or doing my drills till I get traded to the Pacers. Just think it might be easier to get traded if I'm a lower rated player. I'm a 67 rating right now.

17pts 6boards 7assists 2steals

Up to about 25min a game now, but almost half is at shooting guard where I don't want to play.

Requested my trade to the Pacers. Hope my play has drawn their interest and it'll be quick getting traded to them.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-11-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Now really free Lance!

From Ronnie 2K

Ronnie 2K 2K13 ‏@Ronnie2K

First extensive #NBA2K13 Roster Update to go live Wednesday morning #2K13 Pls RT!
    Um, I played yesterday and this morning and I don't recall anything prompting me to download anything. I didn't check rosters, but did you need to download anything first? Anyone have the updated rosters?

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I got the update but I didn't know what it was changing.

I started a new player so I could use what I learned from the original. Unfortunately got drafted by the stupid Rockets and I'm stuck with Lin. **** you, Lin. Ball hogging mo 'fo.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I got the update but I didn't know what it was changing.

I started a new player so I could use what I learned from the original. Unfortunately got drafted by the stupid Rockets and I'm stuck with Lin. **** you, Lin. Ball hogging mo 'fo.
    Which is why I started a new one. Lin is the worst ball hog in the game.

I got the update...guess it was automatic.

OJ is rated a 69 same as Plumlee and the highest rated 2nd rounder that I've seen.

Now really free Lance!

Wow 69 for OJ? Holy crap.

That is probably going to drop fast.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Anyone know of an issue with Black Top?

I played 15 black top games, winning 14, but I only received VC for 6 of them. I did use some of the same players, but not in a row and I used mostly different players. Just trying to earn some quick VC for my pg, Jack Miller, to get his 3pt shot up.

You just don't earn much VC in a My Player game...it really sucks.

Now really free Lance!

I have it on 360 this go 'round. I'm not on that much and I'm no good, so add me if you're looking for an occasional easy W.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Anyone know of an issue with Black Top?

I played 15 black top games, winning 14, but I only received VC for 6 of them. I did use some of the same players, but not in a row and I used mostly different players. Just trying to earn some quick VC for my pg, Jack Miller, to get his 3pt shot up.

You just don't earn much VC in a My Player game...it really sucks.
    There is no reason why this happens. I played as Granger and played MilesP. Quick game. Won but would not get VC points.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    There is no reason why this happens. I played as Granger and played MilesP. Quick game. Won but would not get VC points.
    I just watched a video online that says there is a glitch where sometimes you won't get the VC for playing a blacktop game. Bummer. Still, only takes about 2-5min per game...easily the quickest way to get VC. 150VC for a loss, 160 for a win.

Now really free Lance!

8game, 2nd as a full time starter on the Blazers, didn't not disappoint my coach. 20pts 5boards 16dimes 2steals 2blocks. I have the Dimer signature skill (saved me from some TOs on more than one occasion; any pg should have this), floor general and finisher. Really liking these skills. Def not missing as many layups. hahaha Need to play more blacktop to get 2 more signature skills, since the game I played above was only worth 160 VC!!!! WTF!!

Coach said my minutes will go up. Checked, my minutes went up 1 to 29. Wow, thanks coach.

Hoping my trade request to the Pacers will go through soon.

Now really free Lance!

Ended up getting traded to the Nuggets for a low rated C and a 2nd round pick. I'm a 70 rated player. I stuck Greg Oden on the Pacers, surely they could have traded Oden or Miahanmi for me and a 2nd. Sheesh, the game AI/logic is so *****ed up.

So, now I'll have to start the process all over again. *sigh*

Now really free Lance!

Had to play 5 games with the Nuggets, who suck by the way, in order to request a trade. Instead, I demanded a trade. haha

That 5th game, I started cause Lawson got hurt. 24pts, 7boards, 22assists, 5steals.

I took a quick peak at PG to see how he's been fairing...15pts, 6boards, 6assists, 2.3steals 1block. Damn, I'd take that for real life.

Man, please trade me to the Pacers already. I increased my overall rating to a 72, same as Greg Oden, so hopefully that's what it'll take to get me.
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-16-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Now really free Lance!