Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2K13 - Official Thread

Default 2K13 - Official Thread

Thought I'd start a thread just for 2K13, as I'm sure there are many of us who play and didn't want to clog up the Video Game thread with 2K stuff when other people might not care to read page after page on 2k.

After looking at the ratings of the Pacers, I did edit a couple of guys.

1. PG to an overall 80 and changed his height to 6'9". I increased his potential to a 99. Did anyone else feel they have his speed and quickness much too low? He's likely the slowest 2-guard in the game. The same guy that defended Rose. No, I increased his speed to around 87 and quickness to a 90. Dwayne Wade by comparison is like a 92 speed, so I feel an 87 is more than fair. I'm sure Rose has like a 99speed.

2. Hibbert to an overall 81 - Just increased his defensive rebounding to an 80, barest of increases to speed, boosted his injury rating. Dude hasn't been hurt, so I jacked it up to a 90.

3. Lance to an overall 65. Royce White has a passing rating of 75 and Lance is around 40. WTF. I increased Lance's passing to 80. Increased several other areas that I felt were necessary, pumped potential to 90. 65 is about right IMO, certainly not high, but somewhere in the 50's is much too low.

4. They have Green as a SG/SF, so I changed him to a SF/SG. Dude has a 90speed!! Man, this guy is going to kill in this game.

Traded/Gave away Hans, Pends, Plumlee, DJ (since I'll be the starting pg). In are PJIII (rated a 60, 1pt higher than Plumlee...weird), Royce White and Reggie Jackson. Oden was a FA, so I assigned him to the Pacers. Love how you can edit the coaching book, lineups, plays. I made changes to the coach and lineups. I will work on plays later.

Can't believe there are no second rounders in the game, even though more than a few have already signed contracts. Might wait till after the 2nd rounders are added before started a My Player. Loads of those guys should make teams.

I will probably play some quick games to get VC and then start My Player after I have about 5K in VC.

Houston Rockets have a huge collection of forwards. I wonder how the game AI will make changes to that team, just way too many players at one position. LOL
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 10-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: 2K13 - Official Thread

Is anyone else having a ***** of a time defensive rebounding with the Pacers especially when West is on the court? I am getting killed on the boards.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone else having a ***** of a time defensive rebounding with the Pacers especially when West is on the court? I am getting killed on the boards.
    Neither Hibbert or West are exactly great rebounders. That could pose a problem. I'll be playing some games tonight, so I'll let you know.

Now really free Lance!

It's mostly West, I bumped Hibby's rebound rate a bit, I thought it was low, but I am just getting murdered. My best rebounders on a rate basis are PG and Green.

i have a hard time rebounding period this year
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

@LetsTalkPacers

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PD GameBattles 2k13 View Post
    i have a hard time rebounding period this year
    Maybe it's just the game in general, but I am just getting my *** kicked on the defensive boards and normally I'm a decent rebounder.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It would be nice if I could find a PC version in a store... since 2k pushed back the digital download release for a week at the very last second.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Another year where I think I'm going to hate playing the CPU. I played Pacers @ Heat on Superstar, and like previous years they hit contested jumpers and layups when you don't, they get too many rebounds, they now cherry pick as well, and guys like Battier and Mario get in on the tough shot making crap. So aggravating. They shot 67% for the game on me. I managed to still shoot 57% and lose by a dozen or so.

I'm still not used to the control stick. Just been practicing, started an offline Association and playing Blacktop. Still can't figure out the euro step. Can you do the euro step in practice mode or do you have to have someone in front of you?

Not really digging blacktop.

Now really free Lance!

I'm hating the control stick.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Played a game with the Pacers and yeah, I gave up a lot of offensive boards. It does seem a bit tougher to grab a board.

I'll just continue to play blacktop and association till the second rounders have been added, rosters have been set across every team, and then start My Career.

Now really free Lance!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

My offline Association starter with last years records and keeps adding the games for 12-13. And during a game I lost the HUD. I was down 2 and time ran out before I could get a shot up.

It is buggy that is for sure.

Mood

Rebounding is the only major gameplay flaw IMO. It must be addressed next year since they have fixed all the others this year. If boxing out and realistic rebounding isn't in the game next year I will just keep 2k13 because outside of that flaw this is my favorite game. Adding Sig skills and Manuel bounce pass were must adds and glad they did them and did them correctly. Sig skills were amazing in all pro football and in basketball it works even better. I can't wait for franchise mode drafting guys 2 play ur style and need will be easier because of the sig skills IMO
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 10-04-2012 at 01:35 PM.

I wish you could just disable control stick and go back to old control styles, with this physics engine.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Mood

I wish you could just disable control stick and go back to old control styles, with this physics engine.
    U can old controls are in the game just change ur settings. I hate the old iso motion though really no controll IMO. 2k13 is the best of both worlds they took the best features of live control stick and total PnR controll and put them in 2k. I don't understand why anyone would wanna go back. But I always hated iso motion so maybe that's just me.

Just had a 8pts in 9 sec scenario happen to me... except it was more like 6 pts in 7 seconds. The coach puts my player back in the game down 5 with 7 seconds to go (after he had pulled the JOB-esqe move of benching me while the momentum is on our side a few minutes earlier with the tied game)... Inbounds it to me behind the arc. BOOM. 2 pt game, something like 5 seconds to go. CPU inbounds it... EXCEPT the player receiving the inbounds pass bobbles it!... My SG grabs the ball brings it back up the floor, passes it to me, I get the shot off with something .7 seconds left on the clock. BOOM. Victory snatched from the jaws of defeat. Memphis never recovered in that playoff series (my Hornets team of me, EJ, Davis, Aminu, and Anderson beat em in 5 games)

EPIC. I wish I had saved the replay.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 10-06-2012 at 11:29 PM.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

I've played 2 rookie showcases and was drafted just outside the lottery and one at 23. I've been working hard to suck and get drafted by the Pacers. I thought your team rating would do it, but I had a D- and was still in the 19-23 range. I had 8pts, 8dimes (most of those assists came from throwing across the court and getting an assist...go figure!). I guess I'll try to go for 2pts 2dimes, and see if that works. lol

Even tried to tank the enterviews, but I'll get a set of questions that seems impossible to tank. One asks something like how good do you want to be. Didn't seem to be a negative one in the bunch. The follow up to that wasn't any better. I'd prefer one option to always be, "I don't want to be drafted by you". If I could have tanked them all, I might have slid to the Pacers.

The Wiz wanted to make me their SG of the future. WTF! I'm a pg!

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I guess I'll try to go for 2pts 2dimes, and see if that works. lol
    That should get you close. I think if I had tanked the Memphis interview like I had the Boston one I'd have been a Pacer.

The Wiz wanted to make me their SG of the future. WTF! I'm a pg!
    Thats why I asked for a trade from Memphis to the Pacers.... So they sent me to Charlotte. I played maybe one game for them and requested a trade to the Pacers.... they sent me to New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    That should get you close. I think if I had tanked the Memphis interview like I had the Boston one I'd have been a Pacer.

Thats why I asked for a trade from Memphis to the Pacers.... So they sent me to Charlotte. I played maybe one game for them and requested a trade to the Pacers.... they sent me to New Orleans.
    That's what I'm trying to avoid by being drafted by the Pacers. It was a huuuuuuuuuuuuge pain getting traded to the team you wanted to in 2K11 and 2K12. You are a low rated player. It shouldn't be difficult getting traded for another team's weakest player. C'mon!

Now really free Lance!

They better come out with a patch for the auto save. I hate it so much. What if I get injured and I'm out for a season or half a season? I don't want that saved!

Now really free Lance!

I've played the MyCareer only. No team on either side can rebound. Offensive rebound heaven. However I've seen no major game flaws, or bugs. Completely pleased so far, besides my coach.

I was drafted by the Pistons and I'm in year 3. I zipped through the first year and a half with only have like 4 key games per year. Either way I'm rated an 81 at PG and I'm the 6th man even with Brandon Knight and Johnny Flynn injured. I'm averaging 14 points and 5 assists on 48% shooting and I can't even get fill in starts after the top 2 players are hurt who both are rated 80. It moved Stuckey to PG and started 70 rated Rudy Fernandez instead of me. Ugh.

Then to be even more annoyed by the Pistons, I talked to the GM about an extension and he offered me less than my rookie deal. WTF? Stingy *******.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Rebounding is broken. Just straight up. Computer offensive rebounds at a ridiculous rate.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

I gave up trying to get drafted by the Pacers no matter how bad I am, it's basically the same teams interviewing me. Celtics & Houston mostly. I've gotten Denver, Dallas, Miami, Cavs and Bulls often too. Just no farking Pacers. Ugh.

Drafted by Houston. 5 games in, demanded a trade. 9 games in, argued with the GM that I haven't been traded. Had my best game in game 10, 6pts, 2boards, 7dimes, 2steals. Still on Houston.

Why is it so hard for a 64 overall bench player to be traded to the Pacers. WTF?! So damn frustrating.

Man, it's tough scoring anything. Just getting assists. Only avg 1.9pts, 1.5boards, 4assists, 1steal a game. Just about all my points are on dunks. Can't make a layup to save my life. I'm turning ball over a lot right now...but then again, I've always done that. hahaha

Bought Deadeye and Floor General with my VC points I've accrued.

Now really free Lance!

I am starting to believe that you'll come off the bench forever unless you play a ton of games out.

I was a free agent and signed with New Orleans right before bed. Their offer said I would be a starter and I am rated an 84. Their 2nd best PG is a 77. Yet here I am, 6th man to start the year. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I am starting to believe that you'll come off the bench forever unless you play a ton of games out.

I was a free agent and signed with New Orleans right before bed. Their offer said I would be a starter and I am rated an 84. Their 2nd best PG is a 77. Yet here I am, 6th man to start the year. Ugh.
    That's always strange to me. Once I'm starter, I've never come off the bench again in 2K11 and 2K12.

I'm having a hard time scoring cause my stats are so horrible. But I'm trying to keep them horrible so it'll be easier to get traded to the Pacers...but so far that hasn't been the case.

My last game got me tons of praise and my minutes increased from 12 to 20. Also helps that Jeremy Lin broke his toe and is out 2-4 weeks....

For the love of all that is holy, I can't figure out the euro step. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu!!!

Now really free Lance!