Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hibberts respond to DJ versus DC

Default Re: Hibberts respond to DJ versus DC

Here are quotes from Hibbert and Hill about DJ.

"D.C. was more of an attacking point guard, but I think D.J. can really penetrate and kick out," Hibbert said. "He gives you the illusion he's about to score in the paint and then finds open guys on the perimeter. I've never seen anyone with handles as good as him."

George Hill, who replaced Collison in the starting lineup at the end of the regular season and throughout the playoffs, and was rewarded with a five-year contract following a solid playoff performance, views Augustin as another starter. Had the Bobcats not intervened in 2008, he might still be one with the Pacers.

"I love him," Hill said. "That second unit is going to be deadly with him leading them."
    link

I hope he is as good as the hype, and if so I hope he is ok with not being a starter so we can re-sign him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Roy Hibbert ‏@Hoya2aPacer

@Darren_Collison how's training camp brother? Gonna miss sitting next to u on the plane cuzo
    Expand

Retweet
    Favorite

1m Darren Collison Darren Collison ‏@Darren_Collison

@Hoya2aPacer its koo bro, just been doing 2 a days, heading overseas now, how u looking down there?
    Hide conversation

Retweet
    Favorite

7:37 PM - 3 Oct 12 Details
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here are quotes from Hibbert and Hill about DJ.

"D.C. was more of an attacking point guard, but I think D.J. can really penetrate and kick out," Hibbert said. "He gives you the illusion he's about to score in the paint and then finds open guys on the perimeter. I've never seen anyone with handles as good as him."

George Hill, who replaced Collison in the starting lineup at the end of the regular season and throughout the playoffs, and was rewarded with a five-year contract following a solid playoff performance, views Augustin as another starter. Had the Bobcats not intervened in 2008, he might still be one with the Pacers.

"I love him," Hill said. "That second unit is going to be deadly with him leading them."

link
    considering he's terrible at scoring in the paint, i wonder how often will someone buy that illusion in real games

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I think that is what he's getting at.

Danny never really developed a comfort in the post which is why he isn't as efficient scoring there. Had that been a priority for him, you'd probably see him be a major threat in the post against nearly every 3 in the league, including LBJ.
    His efficiency on the block improved substantially over the course of the year. Since the beginning of last year was the first time I'd really post play from him, I'm hopeful that he picks up this season where he left off last season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    His efficiency on the block improved substantially over the course of the year.
    Yes indeed. We had several conversations about this during the course of the season as it developed.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider