Thread: Eric Gordon already having nagging injury problems?

Threaded View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Eric Gordon already having nagging injury problems?

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/10...-is-acting-up/

It’s tough to tell what to make of the news release that came out from the New Orleans Hornets this afternoon. Eric Gordon is experiencing soreness in the same knee had just had surgically repaired.

“Gordon will have limited participation in training camp due to soreness in his right knee,” the statement reads. “Eric experienced soreness in his right knee while participating in voluntary workouts with the team at the end of the summer. Gordon underwent arthroscopic surgery last season on his right knee and returned to full strength at the end of the season and during the Olympic try-outs.

“The team is taking a cautious approach with Eric to give him the best chance to be ready for the season,” General Manager Dell Demps said.

The news release was a mere two paragraphs.

So what this means for the Hornets is a mystery. When you have “sore” and “surgically-repaired” in the same sentence, it is usually not a good thing.

But in an interview with the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Gordon didn’t sound overly concerned:

“Just a little aggravation right now and I’m not very concerned,” Gordon said during Monday’s media day at the Alario Center. “It’s just something that you hate to deal with at this point and time. But at the same time, I’m looking forward to getting ready and progressing during camp.”

The Hornets matched the max offer Gordon received from the Phoenix Suns, making him the co-cornerstone of their rebuilding, along with No. 1 pick Anthony Davis.

Gordon played in only 9 games last season after being acquired as the centerpiece of the Chris Paul trade.
    I know I'm kicking the hornets (no pun intended) nest here, but I'm glad we aren't the ones paying him a max contract to wear an expensive suit half the season.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post: