Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Packers-Colts Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Packers-Colts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying it will be a win by any means, just saying those are 5 winnable games.

Definitely. These next five games will have a significant impact on how successful this season ends up being. We have the opportunity to achieve something special with all of these mediocre teams coming up on our schedule. I was just cautioning fans in general not to take the Jets lightly. They may not be a good team, but it will still be a tough game for us in the Meadowlands.

These three games at Lucas Oil really could not have gone any better. Yeah we gave away the Jacksonville game, but we also caught some nice breaks against Minnesota and Green Bay. I'll certainly take the net result.

We are 2-2 and I feel that this team is going to compete hard all season. I'm very proud to root for the horseshoe right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I was just cautioning fans in general not to take the Jets lightly.
    I have a baaaaaaaad feeling.

Sanchez starts.
    Plays horribly.
    Colts up 24-3.
    Rex decides it's TEBOW TIME !!
    He leads a miraculous comeback.
    Jets win.
    Tebow plays horribly the rest of the season.

Colts fans have seen this happen before.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

I was incredibly impressed with the defense. Remember, before Freeney went out in the Chicago game the defense was killing the Bears and they did an incredible job against the Packers. It will be interesting to see how good they are when they are healthy. Bethea, Powers, and Davis in the secondary is really good. Angerer and Freeman are both pretty good. When you add all those players to Freeney and Mathis and the Redding I think the defense might be the biggest surprise of the season. That's a good collection of players. They just need to fill out the rest of the defensive roster with some decent players, particularly SS.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't know what his contract's like but if it's just the one year we need to add another year or two to Jerrell Freeman's deal. He's been arguably the best player on the defense.

When is Angerer coming back?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I was just cautioning fans in general not to take the Jets lightly. They may not be a good team, but it will still be a tough game for us in the Meadowlands.
    I think the Jets are on the verge of total implosion. I may look dumb tomorrow, but I would take Houston tonight even if I had to give 21 points. I'm thinking 38-14, and being very kind with the Jets scoring 14.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    I think the Jets are on the verge of total implosion. I may look dumb tomorrow, but I would take Houston tonight even if I had to give 21 points. I'm thinking 38-14, and being very kind with the Jets scoring 14.
    I don't disagree with any of that. The Jets are not a good team at all and I wouldn't be surprised if they only won 4 or 5 games. But the Colts did blow a game at home two weeks ago to the Jags, and the Jags are a terrible 1-4 team right now. As bad as the Jets might be, a road game in a hostile environment is still going to be tough for a young team coming off of three straight home games. I'm just trying not to get ahead of myself, because I was ready to pencil the Jags game in for a W after we beat the Vikings.

How have the Jets fallen this far, this quickly? It's not been that long ago that they knocked the Colts out of the playoffs (ending Manning's Colt career though we didn't know it at the time) and it was a game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Granted, there was some questionable coaching on the Colts part, but the Jets were good enough to get there and put the Colts on the ropes in the first place.... let alone take home a win.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    How have the Jets fallen this far, this quickly? It's not been that long ago that they knocked the Colts out of the playoffs (ending Manning's Colt career though we didn't know it at the time) and it was a game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Granted, there was some questionable coaching on the Colts part, but the Jets were good enough to get there and put the Colts on the ropes in the first place.... let alone take home a win.
    A lot of those players are no longer there and really we created this situation by giving up on the perfect season and letting them win and well you get the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Not to mention they went to New England the next week and beat the 14-2 Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    A lot of those players are no longer there and really we created this situation by giving up on the perfect season and letting them win and well you get the rest.
    We created the situation in 09, but ended up getting the last laugh as we beat them in the AFC Championship game. In 2010, however, they made the playoffs without our help and went to the AFC title game for the second straight year after knocking Peyton and Brady out in back to back weeks.

When is Angerer coming back?
    The question is, what do you do with Freeman when he does come back? B/c it's hard to take him out right now. And it's not like you can bench Connor, he's been terrific too....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

A full 24 hours and some change later and I still can't wipe the smile off of my face.

btw..........

Last edited by travmil; 10-08-2012 at 10:50 PM.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    The question is, what do you do with Freeman when he does come back? B/c it's hard to take him out right now. And it's not like you can bench Connor, he's been terrific too....
    Stick Angerer and Freeman inside like the plan was and go with Conner on run downs. He's gotten a little better but Conner still can't defend the pass.

The defense in the second half was some of the best i've ever seen out of the Colts. That pick by Powers changed the momentum of the game.

The more you watch that 3rd and 12 play the more ridiculous it gets. I don't know what is most impressive, the ability to shake off Matthews, the fact he even knew he was there, or the ridiculous throw he makes with only one foot on the ground and zero space to plant his feet.
    Its not just that play. I rewatched the Vikings game on DVR. I'm convinces he either had eyes in the back of his head or his helmet speaker is being left on and someone is screaming at him to get the hell out of the way, because Jared Allen whipped around our LT about 10 times and had him dead to rights, yet never got him.

Luck has a ton of Big Ben in him. He's seriously strong both upper body and lower body. He broke scrambled and ran through atleast 2 leg tackles yesterday. Guys were wrapping him up and falling off him like Matthews in that beautiful gif. It's really amazing. His presence in the pocket is like nothing i've ever seen. Big Ben is the closest too. Oh yah, he's deadly, throwing on the run too. He threw a dart, running to his left, to TY Hilton. He's made about 10 throws on the run this year that have been magnificent.

I'm gunna be honest. He's a MVP canidate right now. There's now arguing that fact. He's been sensational.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now the Colts can go 9-7
    "We want Miami"

Frankly the next 5 games are all very winnable...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Frankly the next 5 games are all very winnable...

How we perform over the next 5 weeks will have a significant impact on the context in which we end up viewing the 2012 season. We have the opportunity to really do something special here with the cupcake teams that are on the schedule. I'm trying to take it one week at a time though, because we are a team that blew a game to the abysmal Jaguars. However, it's not unreasonable to think that this team could be 5-4 heading into the New England game.

How we perform over the next 5 weeks will have a significant impact on the context in which we end up viewing the 2012 season. We have the opportunity to really do something special here with the cupcake teams that are on the schedule. I'm trying to take it one week at a time though, because we are a team that blew a game to the abysmal Jaguars. However, it's not unreasonable to think that this team could be 5-4 heading into the New England game.
    I was in the group that the Colts had no chance to make the playoffs this year. Looking at the schedule I think it's possible. What a great break we caught playing Houston 2 of the last 3 games. They should have the AFC pretty much wrapped up by then. Those could be the key games to getting us in the playoffs. Houston might be looking for payback for the last decade, but I would bet they would rather face us in the playoffs than other fringe teams because of our inexperience.

Welcome CJ Miles! BlueCollarColts's Avatar

Colts released Justin King, looks like Cassius Vaughn earned himself that nickel spot in this game

We created the situation in 09, but ended up getting the last laugh as we beat them in the AFC Championship game. In 2010, however, they made the playoffs without our help and went to the AFC title game for the second straight year after knocking Peyton and Brady out in back to back weeks.
    True but the Jets were in dire straits of making the playoffs until that game against us and well the rest is history

Sanchez's value wouldn't have been so overinflated and Rex may not have been as boastful(well maybe)

You gotta think we could be the team that ends Rex Ryan's career as Jets head coach. If we beat them next week I think they will completely implode. Would be interesting poetic justice considering the Jets ended Peyton's career as a Colt.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

You gotta think we could be the team that ends Rex Ryan's career as Jets head coach. If we beat them next week I think they will completely implode. Would be interesting poetic justice considering the Jets ended Peyton's career as a Colt.

Hopefully nobody on the Colts gets hurt(yes I know everyone gets hurt I mean a season ending injury)

Ever since that "Hot Sauce" comment this is who's been out for the season everytime a Jets game is on

Miami game- Revis out for season torn ACL
    Niners game- Holmes out for season(lisfranc)
    Texans game- Cushing out for season torn ACL
    Colts game- ?

Hopefully we won't be on this list...

Thank whatever god you believe in that the Colts finally have 3 solid linebackers for the first time in forever? That's what I'm doing. The front 7 is a nose tackle away from being very formidable. I think Josh Chapman is that missing piece.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post: