Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chuck Pagano diagnosed with "serious illness" will miss at least several games

Default Re: Chuck Pagano diagnosed with "serious illness" will miss at least several games

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "It could be a lot worse. Give the boy some vitamin A and send him back home. "

Ummm....
    This is a disease that has had very high success rates and improve treatment.

Figures 3a-c shows survival by age, gender and WHO PS. Of patients surviving the first 30 days, all but two (97%) achieved complete remission (CR). Two of the CR patients subsequently underwent autologous transplantation in first CR; both are still alive.
    http://www.nature.com/leu/journal/v2...eu201178a.html
    Basically this Swedish study breaks down data from 1997 to 2006 and a third of the patients didn't get the treatment of ATRA (a derivative of vitamin A). The 30 days was the larger risk period of death and like I said treatment of this disease has greatly improved since 1997.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 10-01-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Mood

Default Re: Chuck Pagano diagnosed with "serious illness" will miss at least several games

I'm glad it sounds like he'll be okay. Didn't leukemia used to be a death sentence?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, what a punch in the gut. I really think the Colts have made a good hire here. Here's hoping for a full recovery and return to the sidelines.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish him nothing but a smooth and quick procedure and recovery.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go coach!

Having had my own battle with cancer this summer, he has my complete empathy and support.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dab For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'm glad it sounds like he'll be okay. Didn't leukemia used to be a death sentence?
    It still is depends on the individual and when you find it.

I knew a family growing up that both their kids had leukemia one died and the other survived.

Course times were different then than now but the fact that it exists presents a risk of death. However it does appear he found it early so hopefully he'll be one of the lucky ones.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

All I can think about is that Roy hosting that bone marrow donor registry drive two weeks ago....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Pat McAfee just tweeted this pic of Rob Ryan - Very Cool:

Get Well Pags, indeed.
    Never half-a** two things. Whole-a** one thing.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Very cool, Mr. Ryan.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

I'm very glad it's treatable, but that doesnt mean much. Class act by Rob Ryan.

On a side note. This might not be the place for this, but i watched that presser and wow... Irsay needs to get himself together. Even in a suit, he looks like a mess.

It seems as though it was spotted early enough for him to receive full treatments to be able to get back to his old self.

While it appears he won't be serving his usual head coaching duties this year, it sounds like he'll be back on the sidelines by next year.

Until then, get well soon coach!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

#ChuchStrong T's for sale here, proceeds to Leukemia Society http://www.hayesandtaylor.com/shop/g...product_id=896

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I'm not going to cheer for his team. But I am going to cheer for him to get through this. This sucks.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:

I know we have a poster who thinks the Devil owns the Colts and wants nothing but to see his own pockets lined rather than ever doing the right thing, or would even know the right thing if it bit him on the posterior, but Chicago J's opinion aside, how can anyone say the Colts organization has done anything but handled this situation with heart and class?

To me this whole thing shows that this organization is NOT the product of some disconnected, cold and uncaring owner and in fact is just the opposite. That's my .02 anyway.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I know we have a poster who thinks the Devil owns the Colts and wants nothing but to see his own pockets lined rather than ever doing the right thing, or would even know the right thing if it bit him on the posterior, but Chicago J's opinion aside, how can anyone say the Colts organization has done anything but handled this situation with heart and class?

To me this whole thing shows that this organization is NOT the product of some disconnected, cold and uncaring owner and in fact is just the opposite. That's my .02 anyway.

I'm too young to remember or care about Robert Irsay. I would have been a young kid when he died in 1997.

But I do know that the Jim Irsay owned Colts have always done an excellent job of bonding with the community and handling difficult situations with class, whether it be the death of Dungy's son or the illness of Pagano. Irsay's speech in the locker room yesterday was from the heart of someone who cared.

It hasn't been an easy year for Irsay. He had to make a difficult decision with Manning and now is dealing with the Pagano illness, which is obviously on a completely different stratosphere in terms of seriousness.

I know people complain that Irsay made out like a bandit on the stadium deal, and he did. But Irsay has been a model owner. The team has done a superb job of marketing around the entire state and always makes sure to give back the community. I've never once doubted Irsay's willingness to spend or put the best possible team on the field. I think yesterday foreshadowed that the Colts are going to continue to be in good shape during the Luck era.

I like that Jim Irsay owns the team I root for.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 10-09-2012 at 12:52 AM.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, to condemn the son for the actions of the father is silly. Jim is nothing like Bob as an owner, anyway. He's a top owner in the league.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: