Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

  1. #1
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,903

    Default Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Nothing earth shattering happened, I didn't even talk to him.

    He was at the Le Peep across from the Fashion Mall on 86th street. I was seated at the table next to him. He was there with his wife or girlfriend and there newborn baby and I think his parents, although I guess they could have been her parents. The baby couldn't have been more than 8 weeks old or so.

    They were there before we arrived and at first I wasn't postitive it was him, although I immediately recognized him, and then started thinking maybe it wasn't him. Tried to listen in on the conversation, and soon it was clear it was him. Unfortunately I only heard little bits and pieces. he was facing away from me, so I couldn't hear him too well. Heard him say Granger a couple of times, but couldn't make out what he was saying about Danny. Sorry.

    He seems very talkative, his wife/girlfriend is cute as his their daughter. The parents who I could hear better as they were facing me, seemed like normal parents, asking them normal questions, just wish I could have heard some of his answers.

    See nothing earth shattering. Seemed like a very nice family - for whatever that is worth. DJ was dressed in sweats - they were navy blue, but didn't have any Pacers emblem.

    And for the record, unlike Peck, I didn't follow him into the restroom.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 10-01-2012 at 09:18 AM.

  2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    I actually live right by Bub's and happened to be there Friday night for grub at the same time the Pacers were. Out of all the Pacers, Augustin seemed to value his privacy the most, when Paul, Danny, Green etc. left they were all just in t-shirts and shorts, but when Augustin left he had his hoody up and booked it out of there without speaking to anyone and looked like he was trying not to get recognized.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-01-2012 at 09:14 AM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #3
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tried to listen in on the conversation, and soon it was clear it was him. Unfortunately I only heard little bits and pieces. he was facing away from me, so I couldn't hear him too well. Heard him say Granger a couple of times, but couldn't make out what he was saying about Danny. Sorry.
    Absolutely, positively, nothing creepy about that.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,903

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely, positively, nothing creepy about that.
    What? Hey I figure what I hear just sitting in a public restuarant is fair game. Wasn't like I had a listening device or anything or sneaking around or anything.

    I fully understand them not wanting to be recognized, I would be the same way

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  8. #5

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    I dont think you need to worry about that UB
    If games are won and lost on a calculator and piece of paper, then why do we bother to play them?

    @LetsTalkPacers

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LetsTalkPacers84 For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,858

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    but when Augustin left he had his hoody up and booked it out of there without speaking to anyone and looked like he was trying not to get recognized.
    Playing for the Bobcats will do that to you :P

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Augustin is trying to disguise himself as a hobo so people wont recognize as being a former member of the Charlotte Bobcats.

  13. #8
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,123

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What? Hey I figure what I hear just sitting in a public restuarant is fair game. Wasn't like I had a listening device or anything or sneaking around or anything.

    I fully understand them not wanting to be recognized, I would be the same way
    Do you attempt to eavesdrop on random strangers' private conversations in restaurants frequently?

  14. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,903

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you attempt to eavesdrop on random strangers' private conversations in restaurants frequently?
    Yes whenever I can. I'll be listening in on you next. Watch what you say because I'm always listening.

    I figure if I talk loud enough for others to hear, then I don't care if they listen in.

    If I would have heard something really juicy yesterday I wouldn't have posted in the forum.

  15. #10
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you attempt to eavesdrop on random strangers' private conversations in restaurants frequently?
    Only on Wednesdays
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  16. #11
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely, positively, nothing creepy about that.


    Lol, I'm pretty sure I would've done the same exact thing. Thanks for the info! I wonder if anyone else even recognized him...
    Last edited by rel; 10-01-2012 at 03:39 PM.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,604

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Here's the real issue, Augustin and UB need to educate themselves on the actual good places to eat breakfast in and around Indy.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 10-01-2012 at 03:52 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you attempt to eavesdrop on random strangers' private conversations in restaurants frequently?
    You're not really so thickheaded that you can't distinguish between the banter of random strangers, and that of a newly-acquired member of the Pacers, are you?

    If I found myself within listening distance of any Pacer, I'd absolutely listen in for any juicy tidbits, and anyone here who says they wouldn't is almost certainly a liar.

  21. #14

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    I've seen Foster there before but he was walking to his car so couldn't listen in. I also saw Sam Young walking downtown today. He was wearing a Pacers jumpsuit so I figured he was part of camp but didn't realize it was him. He looked 40. I realized it was him during his interview on the webcast.

  22. #15

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's the real issue, Augustin and UB need to educate themselves on the actual good places to eat breakfast in and around Indy.
    They have great biscuits and gravy. Not quite as good as Acapulco Joes right down the road, but very close. I can't speak for anything else regarding Le Peep though.

  23. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,666

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Just for the record. LePeep very good. Patachou absolutely great.

  24. #17

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    Patachou. Biscuits in Broad Ripple. Both are better than Le Peep.

  25. #18
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,536

    Default Re: Saw D.J. Augustin at Le Peep Sunday

    I wouldn't listen in. I've been in that situation, and I didn't feel any desire to listen. I guess I could understand wanting to, but honestly I don't personally know any of the Pacers so I don't give a **** about their personal life.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Similar Threads

  1. DJ Augustin to Indy?
    By Hypnotiq in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 06:21 PM
  2. Super Bowl Sunday is also National Anti-Porn Sunday
    By Basketball Fan in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 08:07 PM
  3. ESPN: Rick Reilley: Sunday Bloody Sunday
    By vapacersfan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 12:53 PM
  4. DJ Augustin
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 04:59 PM
  5. Which PG would you rather have: J.Jack or DJ Augustin?
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •