Thread: Collie's status is CURRENTLY unknown but the Colts have signed a WR

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Collie's status is CURRENTLY unknown but the Colts have signed a WR

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...t|IndyStar.com

The Indianapolis Colts have signed rookie receiver Nathan Palmer to their active roster, a possible indication Austin Collie will be lost for an extended time.

Palmer was a member of the San Francisco 49ers practice squad, but confirmed today via his Twitter account he is relocating.

“ . . . I’m (excited) for a new opportunity in my home state!,’’ he wrote. “Coming home mom and dad!!!’’

Palmer attended Elkhart Central H.S. and was a college teammate of Colts’ rookie quarterback Chandler Harnish at Northern Illinois.

The addition of the 5-11, 195-pound Palmer might indicate the severity of a knee injury suffered by Collie in Sunday’s loss to Jacksonville. Collie grabbed his right knee after catching a 6-yard pass from Andrew Luck. He had to be helped off the field and was taken to the locker room on a cart.

After game, coach Chuck Pagano said, “Feel just terrible for Austin. Just terrible, terrible thing fighting what he’s fought through and then to have something like this happen.’’

A magnetic resonance imaging test was scheduled, but the team has not commented on the results.

Collie missed the first two games this season after suffering a concussion Aug. 19 at Pittsburgh. He missed the final seven games in 2010 after suffering multiple concussions.

Call Star reporter Mike Chappell at (317) 444-6830.

Mood

Default Re: Collie's status is CURRENTLY unknown but the Colts have signed a WR

I think we all know what's coming. Anytime you are carted off the field without putting weight on your leg it isn't good.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In an extremely strange way, him blowing out his knee could very well end up being the best thing that could have happened to him.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

https://twitter.com/PhilRichards6/st...16736107257856

#Colts coach Chuck Pagano said WR Austin Collie ruptured patella tendon Sunday. Will require surgery and he will go on IR
    I imagine that's the end of his career

Mood

I'm sure we have knowledgeable folks here who can tell us exactly what this injury means. The patella tendon is on the bottom of the kneecap and attaches it to the shin bone. When it ruptures, it has completely failed. I would imagine the quad then pulls up on the kneecap since it would have nothing pulling against it. Could be wrong about that I don't know. Sounds like a horrible injury. I hope Collie was smart with his money.

That's a weird injury to have from that play. That's very unfortunate for him, but it could be the best thing for him as others have said.

The gods are telling him to find another profession..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wont be with the colts next year i would be stunned if we re-signed collie tbh.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Former Pacer "Tank" Thompson had a ruptured patella before he came here from Sacramento. Tank wasn't very athletic to start with, but he returned to pre-injury form.

Collie should be able to return from this injury, it'll take a full year till he's ready and a ton of hard work. He was not a speedster to start with, a good, smart route runner with great hands, he could still be that.

If he wants to continue in the NFL, the concussions are still the big problem IMO. Not sure if the Colts will want him back though. To bad, he could have been a very good reciever.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

The injury didn't seem to have anything dramatic about it... I wonder if he did something somehow unnatural in trying to protect his head due to the concussion issue that then put him into a position that caused this injury?

It always seem like when you're favoring one thing, something else happens....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Collie needs to retire. He is one injury away from a serious life threatening one
    "We want Miami"

does anybody see Nathan Palmer getting any playing time this year?