Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colts vs Packers predictions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts vs Packers predictions

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a fan but I am not a mindless cheerleader...... ...
    Are you insinuating that someone is a mindless cheerleader?

No, you can't be doing that. Because you "don't call anybody names".

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    Are you insinuating that someone is a mindless cheerleader?

No, you can't be doing that. Because you "don't call anybody names".
    No, I was not insinuating that at all. I was only saying that because I am not one. Now, I agreed to let this thread go back to what it was started as being. I answered you because I wanted it to be clear that I try my best to NEVER call anyone names. I am sure I have slipped a time or two but that is the exception not the rule. Now, what do you think the score of the Colts-Green Bay game will be? ...

Mood

Yes, I will agree that you're certainly not a cheerleader.

Now lets see how long you can go without derailing this or any other thread. (Maybe we can make a game out of this, fellow posters. What do you say the over/under should be set at? 2...3 post?)

GB 34
    IND 21

Colts 28-GB 24. Colts will be fired up to win one for their ill coach. Andrew Luck leads a fourth quarter comeback
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    We all know what OlBlu thinks about the Colts, Irsay, Luck, etc. at this point, so why continue to argue with him about it? We're not going to convince him otherwise and vice-versa.

Let's get this thread back on track.
    Stop being diplomatic Shade. Ol'Blu constantly bashes both the Pacers and Colts on a site aimed specifically for Pacer fans. Nobody on here wants to read his nonsense. This should have been done a long time ago...ban him
    David "And One" West

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Colts gonna let Mr. Rogers be the MVP...Colts can't stop him and can only hope to contain him. Could get very ugly if Colts can't answer.
    38 - 10 Packers

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Where would you rank him among the current rookie QBs? I would think no higher than third.... RGIII has made himself untouchable unless he gets injured. I put the kid in Seattle second. How about you? ... How would you rate a 24th ranked QB if not mediocre. I look for his numbers to fall this week under pressure he hasn't seen since Chicago.....
    This is absolutely tremendous trolling in consecutive sentences.

Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck. Luck is mediocre because of his quarterback rating.

Nevermind that Luck's mediocre rating is actually better than Wilson's.

OlBlu is just the best.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

He's entitled to his opinion. Its not "trolling" just because you disagree with him. I disagree strongly with him as well. OlBlu what in your opinion makes Wilson better than Luck?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    He's entitled to his opinion. Its not "trolling" just because you disagree with him. I disagree strongly with him as well. OlBlu what in your opinion makes Wilson better than Luck?
    He just said it was quarterback rating.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Well he said that Luck was 24th after he mentioned Wilson was second on his list, didn't know if that meant he was saying Russell was a higher rated quarterback or not.

Mood

He's entitled to his opinion. Its not "trolling" just because you disagree with him.
    You're right. Disagreement is not trolling. But what OlBlu does is trolling. Just because he's subtle doesn't change that.

In any case, it's clear he's not going away, so if that is what you guys want, here's what you do: Disengage. They always get tired of talking to themselves. Put him on ignore, scroll past posts where others are quoting him. Eventually they'll be tired of engaging with him, too.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You're right. Disagreement is not trolling. But what OlBlu does is trolling. Just because he's subtle doesn't change that.

In any case, it's clear he's not going away, so if that is what you guys want, here's what you do: Disengage. They always get tired of talking to themselves. Put him on ignore, scroll past posts where others are quoting him. Eventually they'll be tired of engaging with him, too.
    But he does have a point of view. He does has substance rather people agree or not. That isn't trolling and its a shame that you entice people to ignore him when he merely disagrees with others. I personally think he is correct in the early assessment of this young season. However, I do think Luck is the ultimate pro rookie QB and more time will prove this, I believe.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    But he does have a point of view. He does has substance rather people agree or not. That isn't trolling and its a shame that you entice people to ignore him when he merely disagrees with others.
    And apparently it's a shame you have not followed the Colts threads enough to realize Blu's agenda.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    And apparently it's a shame you have not followed the Colts threads enough to realize Blu's agenda.
    His agenda, please enlighten us all of Blu's agenda...

Actually I thought several other posters here were very insightful on what Blu has done. Simply from the begining when Irsay and Manning parted ways Blu has taken every opportunity to bash Luck, Irsay, or the Colts coaching staff. And he loves to attempt to cover the bases by making up for the slap by then saying he hope's he is wrong.

I'm not sure if it is worth anyone's time to go back and list all the bashing Blu has done. If you like parlor tricks then more power to you I guess.

Oh remember when Blu made this heart warming post to those who post in the PD Colts section.
    I know you Indy homers don't bother reading anything outside of Indiana about your team. Have you read this article about who will be the most disappointing rookies this year? Guess who is on the...

Or this heartfeld expression of love.
    I am a crotchety old man and I do hate the fact that the Colts let the best player they ever had go. I hope I hear from some of you when the Colts drop those first eight games and Luck gets chased...
    Last edited by RWB; 10-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:

Mood

His agenda is to show up, be a contrarian (the more feathers ruffled, the better), then argue about it. If you follow him long enough, you'll realize this is all he does.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

A troll is someone who posts stuff to get a reaction. He has no other purpose here other than that. He posts more than anyone else in this forum, and it's the same 4-5 things:

- Luck is mediocre
    - RG3 is a superstar
    - Irsay is an idiot
    - Our offensive line sucks
    - Peyton should still be here

So think about that. He posts hundreds of posts here, and each one is about one of the above 5 subjects, almost to a T. He has no regard for our opinions, he has no regard that it irks the hell out of us that he does it repeatedly --- he's just here to get a rise out of everyone. That... is the definition of troll. He's trolling for reactions, hoping to instigate arguments. It's not inciteful or profound, it's stupid low-level crap just to get people riled up and take EVERY thread off-topic.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Actually I thought several other posters here were very insightful on what Blu has done. Simply from the begining when Irsay and Manning parted ways Blu has taken every opportunity to bash Luck, Irsay, or the Colts coaching staff. And he loves to attempt to cover the bases by making up for the slap by then saying he hope's he is wrong.

I'm not sure if it is worth anyone's time to go back and list all the bashing Blu has done. If you like parlor tricks then more power to you I guess.

Oh remember when Blu made this heart warming post to those who post in the PD Colts section.
    I know you Indy homers don't bother reading anything outside of Indiana about your team. Have you read this article about who will be the most disappointing rookies this year? Guess who is on the...

Or this heartfeld expression of love.
    I am a crotchety old man and I do hate the fact that the Colts let the best player they ever had go. I hope I hear from some of you when the Colts drop those first eight games and Luck gets chased...
    Yep he revealed his true colors a few months ago when he admitted to being disgruntled, starting with the posts you linked. He wants Indy to fail just to prove "he's right". Not a real fan. He's mad about something stupid, I dunno... claims he's elderly and doesn't haven't enough time for them to rebuild. That is absolutely no reason to hate a team. Even if that's true, it's a horrible way to look at it.

Whether he's just some punk kid masquerading as an old man, or he actually is an elderly Colts fan, he clearly wants Indy to lose now, so he has no business posting his five thoughts over and over here. All the "I hope I'm wrong" crap he posts is just disingenuous.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

His agenda, please enlighten us all of Blu's agenda...
    To annoy the ***** out of everyone.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

I don't see where Blu's hates the team and I do believe that he talks about more then 5 items. Just cause he thinks that the choices the franchise has made is wrong, doesn't mean he is wrong. Outside of PD, I honestly don't know anyone that talks to positive about the Colts. This is one reason I have not posted much lately, cause I don't want to hear all the crap that comes with leaving a critics view point. I have left those conversations to friends and co-workers cause many here on PD ignore the truth and come back with personal slams. I really don't want to leave this but, the comments left to Blu's in several different threads are over the top in my book and I felt like sticking up for him, finally.

I don't see where Blu's hates the team and I do believe that he talks about more then 5 items. Just cause he thinks that the choices the franchise has made is wrong, doesn't mean he is wrong. Outside of PD, I honestly don't know anyone that talks to positive about the Colts. This is one reason I have not posted much lately, cause I don't want to hear all the crap that comes with leaving a critics view point. I have left those conversations to friends and co-workers cause many here on PD ignore the truth and come back with personal slams. I really don't want to leave this but, the comments left to Blu's in several different threads are over the top in my book and I felt like sticking up for him, finally.
    A lot of us are critical and its fine to have an opposite view point on a topic IMO.

The problem is when your critical and you don't even know the personnel of the team, you don't understand salary cap restraints and ALL you post is critical comments.

I'll back the criticisms of any on here as long as they somewhat make sense. In the case of Olblu I really haven't found one that made sense.

Cam Newton is hardly proving that he is the QB of this generation.

The o-line does suck but where is the money to fix it? No rookie or trade will fix the line this year so its almost a lock that the colts will spend the money on some beef in the middle next year.

The Manning decision is done and some people just have to move on. IF he wins a championship with Denver then I will be happy for him but that doesn't change anything for the Colts and it certainly doesn't mean he could have won one more in the blue white.

Myself and the rest of the board had different opinions all spring/summer about whether or not Peyton should be cut or kept, and I don't think I was ever once called a troll.

I think most of us are smart enough to know the difference between people who are argumentative (like myself) and people that are out to just rile other posters up for the hell of it.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

People disagree all the time, you don't see all of us getting up in arms. Please stop acting like we can't take criticism. I've responded to almost every one of you over time in some critical way, but I still recognize that most of you are here to have a civil discussion.

Blu doesn't fit into that category, that's why he gets so many people arguing with him. You all stated your opinion and moved on --- he can't move on. He's stuck on the same five points over and over, and he injects those five points into every thread, whether that thread topic was related or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    People disagree all the time, you don't see all of us getting up in arms. Please stop acting like we can't take criticism. I've responded to almost every one of you over time in some critical way, but I still recognize that most of you are here to have a civil discussion.

Blu doesn't fit into that category, that's why he gets so many people arguing with him. You all stated your opinion and moved on --- he can't move on. He's stuck on the same five points over and over, and he injects those five points into every thread, whether that thread topic was related or not.
    Go back to the beginning of this thread, then tell me who started it. The trolling for a lack of better term.
    Just sayin!

The best part is that Luck's Total QBR is actually one of the best in the league. Mr. Blu is using an antiquated statistic when he uses only rating.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods