Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 116

Thread: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prime West and prime Granger were both arguably better than prime Lamar Odom, and Hibbert and Paul George both have the potential to eclipse his prime in due time. In fact, Big Roy has already surpassed Odom's number of All-Star game appearances.
    Danny Granger never had a day in his life including right now when he was better than Odom. West is a completely different kind of player but he isn't as good as Odom was. I would take Roy over Odom...... ...

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How have we locked ourselves into Granger for life? His contract is almost up.
    I meant that he was beyond the point of being an asset in a trade. I think we will resign Granger for a lower amount and keep him for his career. I wish we would not do that but I think we will...... ...

  3. #78
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant that he was beyond the point of being an asset in a trade. I think we will resign Granger for a lower amount and keep him for his career. I wish we would not do that but I think we will...... ...
    I dunno, I could see Danny being an asset at the deadline this year depending on Paul's progression.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #79
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,607
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    I don't see Philly better than us at all. Bynum is a big question mark for me, his attitude, his work ethic and health. Doug Collins' can also be a hard guy to play for. When does Bynum start pouting, 1st month, 2nd month?

    I'm happy we have Hibbert, less upside maybe, but more reliable.

    I don't have a link, read on RealGM, Bynum is already out for 3 weeks with a bone bruise.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Danny Granger never had a day in his life including right now when he was better than Odom. West is a completely different kind of player but he isn't as good as Odom was. I would take Roy over Odom...... ...
    The best season (prime) of each player. I'll let the data speak for itself.


  6. #81
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,517

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How? In his prime, perhaps you could argue that. Not now though, not now. LA > us i could possible see, but Odom is no where near Roy, or several other Pacers at this point.
    If you're talking from a pure basketball TALENT standpoint, Odom WAS one of the most talented players throughout most of his career. Not many 6'10 guys that can dribble/pass like a guard, rebound like a center, and score efficiently from the wing or from the post.

    It's always come down to concentration, attitude, and conditioning with Odom.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  8. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The best season (prime) of each player. I'll let the data speak for itself.

    The data doesn't mean crap. Odom was playing on a team winning championships with other superstars. Granger was a shoot only player and West was a very good player but not in Odom's class..... ...

  9. #83
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,830

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The data doesn't mean crap. Odom was playing on a team winning championships with other superstars. Granger was a shoot only player and West was a very good player but not in Odom's class..... ...
    I didn't realize that Odom was a member of the Pistons in the 03/04 season. I'm sure you must have meant some other time like when he wasn't playing for the Heat.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  10. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't realize that Odom was a member of the Pistons in the 03/04 season. I'm sure you must have meant some other time like when he wasn't playing for the Heat.
    I was talking about his time with the Lakers. He was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA.... ...

  11. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The data doesn't mean crap.
    The data doesn't mean crap when it doesn't support your bald assertion. Got it.

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odom was playing on a team winning championships with other superstars. Granger was a shoot only player and West was a very good player but not in Odom's class..... ...
    The season I listed for Odom was 2003-04, his lone season in Miami, where he won 42 games while playing next to a rookie Dwyane Wade. So, no, your argument doesn't work. In fact, the majority of Odom's career has been spent on mediocre-at-best teams, including one of the worst three-year periods in Lakers' history (2004-07, 121-125). It wasn't until the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, and Odom was relegated to a mere sixth man, that he finally become a world champion.

  12. #86
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The data doesn't mean crap when it doesn't support your bald assertion. Got it.



    The season I listed for Odom was 2003-04, his lone season in Miami, where he won 42 games while playing next to a rookie Dwyane Wade. So, no, your argument doesn't work. In fact, the majority of Odom's career has been spent on mediocre-at-best teams, including one of the worst three-year periods in Lakers' history (2004-07, 121-125). It wasn't until the Lakers traded for Pau Gasol, and Odom was relegated to a mere sixth man, that he finally become a world champion.
    Data doesn't mean squat to Blu in any case... I doubt he's ever used stats to back up any of his claims... He's all personal opinion... Which is fine... But it's probably a huge reason that people disagree with so much of what he writes...

    Edit: did you mean to write "BALD assertion" or was that a Freudian slip on who you were commenting to?
    Last edited by J7F; 10-01-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  13. #87
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,830

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was talking about his time with the Lakers. He was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA.... ...
    Wait, did you just say he was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA? Ok, now your just pulling out leg right? I mean there is no way you just said that he was THE biggest matchup problem in the NBA. For some reason I have a hard time remembering when we played the Lakers I ever thought to myself "man how are we going to match up to Lamar Odom".

    Did he cause matchup problems? Sure.

    But more than LeBron, Garnett or even Duncan back then? No.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  15. #88
    Member Pacemaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    1,906

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    What you can do, though, is leapfrog everyone else in Power Rankdom apart from the defending champs when you trade for Dwight and Nash without surrendering Pau, which still hasn't fully sunk in even after writing that sentence dozens of times.
    This still baffles me !

    GO PACERS!

  16. #89
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was talking about his time with the Lakers. He was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA.... ...
    EL OH EL

    Ever since Lebron James entered the NBA he has been the biggest match up problem in the entire NBA.

  17. #90
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacemaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This still baffles me !

    GO PACERS!
    And then consider that they also traded for Pau without giving up anything of significant value (at least at that point in time)...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  18. #91
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,671

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I meant that he was beyond the point of being an asset in a trade. I think we will resign Granger for a lower amount and keep him for his career. I wish we would not do that but I think we will...... ...
    I don't think that his trade value is that diminished....it's more what the FO thinks he's worth. At this point.....if Granger could net a "Solid Prospect ( or Player on a Rookie Salary that can contribute ) +1st round Pick+Expiring Contract" offer ( which I think he can )......I think that Granger could easily be traded before the 2013-2014 trade deadline. Granger isn't going to net us a great Top Tier Player....but I think that the FO will move him since we will need to re-sign PG....who I can guarantee will receive some $10 to 11+ mil per year contract offer ( basically what Batum got on the FA Market ) when he becomes a RFA in the 2014-2015 offseason.

    Keep in mind that by the time that his contract comes off the books.....Granger will be 31 when his contract expires in 2013-2014. Given that this will be Granger's last huge contract....he's going to want the biggest long-term 4-year contract ( or a 5 year extension from the Pacers ) that he could get.
    Last edited by CableKC; 10-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  19. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait, did you just say he was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA? Ok, now your just pulling out leg right? I mean there is no way you just said that he was THE biggest matchup problem in the NBA. For some reason I have a hard time remembering when we played the Lakers I ever thought to myself "man how are we going to match up to Lamar Odom".

    Did he cause matchup problems? Sure.

    But more than LeBron, Garnett or even Duncan back then? No.
    I don't think he is number one on the biggest matchup issues but he is top ten for sure.

  20. #93
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,830

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he is number one on the biggest matchup issues but he is top ten for sure.
    Still? Really?


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  22. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that his trade value is that diminished....it's more what the FO thinks he's worth. At this point.....if Granger could net a "Solid Prospect ( or Player on a Rookie Salary that can contribute ) +1st round Pick+Expiring Contract" offer ( which I think he can )......I think that Granger could easily be traded before the 2013-2014 trade deadline. Granger isn't going to net us a great Top Tier Player....but I think that the FO will move him since we will need to re-sign PG....who I can guarantee will receive some $10 to 11+ mil per year contract offer ( basically what Batum got on the FA Market ) when he becomes a RFA in the 2014-2015 offseason.
    Danny's value is on the toilet nobody is going to trade for a guy with knee issues that's making that much, not only that but he didn't show he deserves what he is making last year.

  23. #95
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,830

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    BTW for all of the Philly is going to be much better than us talk Bynun is now out at least 3 weeks with a knee bruise.

    They did sign Mikki Moor though so theres that.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  24. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still? Really?
    If he is healthy and plays the PF position? Yes.

  25. #97
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,830

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he is healthy and plays the PF position? Yes.
    You a lot of people said the same thing about Troy Murphy as well.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. #98
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW for all of the Philly is going to be much better than us talk Bynun is now out at least 3 weeks with a knee bruise.

    They did sign Mikki Moor though so theres that.
    Mikki Moore! He's still in the league?! Wow!

  27. #99
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was talking about his time with the Lakers. He was the biggest matchup problem in the entire NBA.... ...
    Well, jeez, if that's not the over statement of the century. I wasn't aware that Lamar Odom had aliases such as Shaquille O'Neal and Lebron James.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  29. #100
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Espn Power rankings Pacers #8

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think he is number one on the biggest matchup issues but he is top ten for sure.
    The guy wasn't even in the top 3 biggest matchup problems on his own team.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Pacers third in ESPN power rankings!
    By CoolHand in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
  2. ESPN power rankings 01/23/12 Pacers 6th
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 12:08 PM
  3. ESPN Power Rankings - Pacers #13
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2011, 02:23 PM
  4. ESPN's Future Power Rankings: Pacers at #17
    By Chuck Chillout in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 12:51 PM
  5. Pacers drop in ESPN power rankings...
    By rabid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 10:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •